IWBUMS: Build 34.12

EasyPickins

3 hours ago, Faalagorn said:

@CaptKaspar Mostly what ChatNoir said. Nutrition build got a kickstart with it's own beta branch few weeks before, but this is a known bug that is ironing out. However, stay tuned as RJ is aware of it and will most likely fixing them further in future releases. It's also worth mentioning that Nutrition will be an optional feature in Sandbox

Yeah I saw it there, but it was not available for MP. What time I have to play the game, I usually spend with friends on our server, so I didn't opt into the testing of the nutrition system. I did follow along on the forums though.

5 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

I had the same experiences in my last 2 playthroughs on 34.8 & 34.9 nutritiontest. RJ fixed it a lot but it could be that you are still not able to just rely on food gained by hunting, trapping, fishing, farming and foraging. The calories and hunger reduction values of home made soups, stews, stir fries and salads differ quite a lot from those of non-perishable foods like chips, cereals, mc cheese. Home made meals offer a high hunger reduction but relatively low calories wheras chips, cereals and other non-perishable foods have relatively low hunger reduction but high calories. Thus, you might not be able to eat enough soups to get enough calories cause you are well fed all the time.

If I got it right the calories of cooked meals will be higher if you have a higher cooking skill now. However, I couldn't test if that stops weight loss later on cause my current char in 34.11 just survived one week.

I am level 5 cooking with my character. So I should be decent at it in terms of a calorie bump if there is one.

If you can't live off of agriculture, foraging, trapping, and fishing... how the heck did humanity ever survive before industrialized processed foods :) ?

1 hour ago, CaptKaspar said:

I am level 5 cooking with my character. So I should be decent at it in terms of a calorie bump if there is one.

If you can't live off of agriculture, foraging, trapping, and fishing... how the heck did humanity ever survive before industrialized processed foods :) ?

I guess it just needs a little bit more balancing based on players' testing reports. As far as I know the devs intended that you can live off agriculture, foraging, trapping and fishing.

So after playing the new IWBUMS branch for a while I have two observations:

1. While the lighting is now super fast, the game stutters A LOT, and I do not have what one would call a "weak" computer: i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz, 16gb ram, gtx 680. I run the game under linux if that makes a difference with finding problems. I can tell you for sure that multicore refuses to enable under linux and has refused to enabled for quite a few builds now, so that is probably limiting performance quite a bit on the linux build.

2. The zoom function zooms in WAY too far now. I play @ 1280x720 on a large screen tv and at max zoom I am practically zoomed in right on my charactors face, there is no need to ever zoom in that much.

Quick question: I paid for PZ through gog.com, so I don't run it through Steam. Does that mean I cannot access the IWBUMS? I'd be happy to help test out the newest build, but I have only found instructions for getting it from Steam.

Also, after seeing all of the screenshots, I love the new art! :) Well done!

13 minutes ago, Susan said:

Quick question: I paid for PZ through gog.com, so I don't run it through Steam. Does that mean I cannot access the IWBUMS? I'd be happy to help test out the newest build, but I have only found instructions for getting it from Steam.

Also, after seeing all of the screenshots, I love the new art! :) Well done!

That's right. GoG does not provide the same functionality as Steam. Only stable builds will be posted there.

3 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

That's right. GoG does not provide the same functionality as Steam. Only stable builds will be posted there.

Bummer, I wish I'd realized that option before, but oh well. I look forward to the new build once it is stable, in that case. Thank you

I'm experiencing some extreme cases of darkness in this build,like load screen completely dark. I might as well be blind when I'm inside an unlit room, is this isolated, or is the new lighting system suppose to increase the darkness level at night? 

screenshot_07-03-2016_20-22-56.thumb.png

You can just barely make out the door here. I should note, this is the one day challenge mode.

screenshot_07-03-2016_20-24-04.thumb.png

And here is the room that you can barely make out the door on. I should note, that for me, the performance has been downgraded slightly, compared with the nutrition build I was testing before IWBMS. I suspect it is just due to the fact I'm running compatibility mode and it struggled to stay updated in the old system; on the bright side, I no longer have that black area in front of me when I run from the lighting updates which is worth the VERY slight performance hit in my mind.

Update 34.12!

• Calories decrease slower.
  • You can now eat after being well fed, it'll depend on your calories intake.
  • Added a nutrition sandbox option, enabled by default, untick it to not use nutrition (no more weight loss etc..)
  • Fixed disappearing items when crafting.
  • Updated map. Don't force texture compression on when checking gpu memory.
  • Wall-lighting fix for west walls.
  • Fixed walls and solid objects on the floor below blocking movement going up stairs.
  • Fixed 'Toggle UI' key.
  • Fixed poultice recipes destroying Mortar and Pestle.
  • "Survivor Killed" --> "Survivors Killed"
  • Fixed clicking on a container displaying it in the Loot window when SafehouseAllowLoot=false.
  • Fixed "Take some dirt" removing water tiles.
  • Trigger OnZombieDead event when a zombie burns to death.

You still didn't find this dual moodlets issue ? i having this each game and every time i run after eating:/ it happens when i'm feed or more and when i run right after for some seconds (i have the Hearty Appetite trait)i ll try again with this build but i don't see it fixed on the changelog

2016-03-08_00002.jpg

Edited by NagashUD

1 hour ago, NagashUD said:

You still didn't find this dual moodlets issue ? i having this each game and every time i run after eating:/ it happens when i'm feed or more and when i run right after for some seconds (i have the Hearty Appetite trait)i ll try again with this build but i don't see it fixed on the changelog

2016-03-08_00002.jpg

I had the same issue with build 34.10 If I remember well . I was going to post this bug but steam didn't want to upload my screenshots , thanks for reporting it.

25 minutes ago, Faalagorn said:

@NagashUD, @axeladalidez78 have you tried making a new game? I never had this issue and I'm using Hearty Appetite too. I made one world on 34.8 and another one 34.9.

Yep , updated to 34.11 or .12 and this bug hasn't appeared again , but this was one of these bugs that I don't usually have. Also I didn't use the hearty appetite I just ate a watermelon and that happened.

2 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Update 34.12!

• Added a nutrition sandbox option, enabled by default, untick it to not use nutrition (no more weight loss etc..)

Can you disable the new food system on a already created map? is there a variable on a file that I can change to do that? (it's because I don't want to use that food feature until food mods are up to date to the task)

Other new stuff in this build:

• Fixed rain sprites not always being removed.
  • Fixed player footstep noise being too loud when time was sped up.
  • Setting ResizeWorldIcon=2.0 in an item in items.txt will scale the image to twice the size.
  • Fixed -nosteam argument being ignored in the launcher.
  • Fixed random death in the tutorial due to food poisoning.
  • Made rain more opaque (and scaled splashes up 2x).
  • Added Options > Display > Double-size Textures option which can be turned off to use scaled-down textures for people without zoom.
  • When loading games from world version 84 or earlier, attempt to reassign sprites that were rearranged in the new 2x art.
  • Lots of map sprite fixes, ??? should be mostly gone now in new games.

1 hour ago, EasyPickins said:

Other new stuff in this build:

• Fixed rain sprites not always being removed.
  • Made rain more opaque (and scaled splashes up 2x).
  • Added Options > Display > Double-size Textures option which can be turned off to use scaled-down textures for people without zoom.
  • Lots of map sprite fixes, ??? should be mostly gone now in new games.

Thanks for these, now i can actually avoid zombies now in my cr@#y PC :-D

6 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Update 34.12!

• Calories decrease slower.
  • You can now eat after being well fed, it'll depend on your calories intake.
  • Fixed disappearing items when crafting.
  • Updated map. Don't force texture compression on when checking gpu memory.
  • Wall-lighting fix for west walls.
  • Fixed walls and solid objects on the floor below blocking movement going up stairs.
  • Fixed 'Toggle UI' key.
  • Fixed poultice recipes destroying Mortar and Pestle.
  • "Survivor Killed" --> "Survivors Killed"
  • Fixed clicking on a container displaying it in the Loot window when SafehouseAllowLoot=false.
  • Fixed "Take some dirt" removing water tiles.
  • Trigger OnZombieDead event when a zombie burns to death.

And dedicated server is still on 34.11 :( Can't host anymore