IWBUMS: Build 34.12

EasyPickins

Are the new sprites renders of 3D models? The symmetry of polygonal reference is consistent with the new screenshot. 

If so, please don't lock those gems away in your closed source files :D

(Great job)

I can no longer start the -nosteam version of the game. This was the only way that allowed me to host and play a local dedicated server. No news about changes to the no-steam version of the game that I saw. Is this option now disabled?

40 minutes ago, keivi said:

I can no longer start the -nosteam version of the game. This was the only way that allowed me to host and play a local dedicated server. No news about changes to the no-steam version of the game that I saw. Is this option now disabled?

Looks like I broke it.  You can launch the game with these arguments instead of -nosteam until it is fixed:

-Dzomboid.steam=0 --

10 hours ago, axeladalidez78 said:

Hello , Nice update , the new art is very different to the old art but is beautiful.

But are there any plans to make a performance update?

My game runs quite low even at the recommended resolution and before at 1980x1080 it ran at 60 fps.

Can you go to Options > Display > Texture Compression = Yes and see if it runs better?  You will need to quit and restart the game for it to take effect.

29 minutes ago, EasyPickins said:

Can you go to Options > Display > Texture Compression = Yes and see if it runs better?  You will need to quit and restart the game for it to take effect.

I did this and i can confirm ATLEAST in my potato (pc) texture compression worked, i play in low settings using the 1152x864 res and i get 40-60 FPS, 30 in some cases.

There's a problem with those computers that can't handle the zoom mechanic tho, the game it's way too much zoomed in depending of your resolution, can you guys please fix this?

Edited by marcosbruce

1 hour ago, marcosbruce said:

I did this and i can confirm ATLEAST in my potato (pc) texture compression worked, i play in low settings using the 1152x864 res and i get 40-60 FPS, 30 in some cases.

There's a problem with those computers that can't handle the zoom mechanic tho, the game it's way too much zoomed in depending of your resolution, can you guys please fix this?

Could you unzip this into your ProjectZomboid game folder, then double-click the RenderTest/RenderTest.bat file?  It will create a file RenderTest/console.txt.  I'm just curious what it says.

RenderTest.zip

7 hours ago, EasyPickins said:

It goes a little bit better , not enough to play again at 1080p but enough to play to the recommended resolution with zoom out. Thanks

I was playing at 1024x768

Edited by axeladalidez78

On 3/4/2016 at 10:20 AM, ShadowJustis said:

Amazing work! I love how everything pops out at you now, Also the new textures for the Zombies and player are great!

I can't wait to play this build on my favorite server, The new Nutrition System will be awesome with it.

Wow this sounds awesome :) i am not yet in iwbums and the suspense is killin me Lol 

9 hours ago, EasyPickins said:

Could you unzip this into your ProjectZomboid game folder, then double-click the RenderTest/RenderTest.bat file?  It will create a file RenderTest/console.txt.  I'm just curious what it says.

RenderTest.zip

Done.

OpenGL version: 1.4.0 - Build 7.15.10.5218
None of OpenGL 3.0, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object or GL_EXT_framebuffer_object are supported, zoom impossible

Not sure if it's just me and I haven't checked it out ingame, but on the screenshots posted here it looks like there is sometimes a lack of contrast? For example, here it looks like the floor, table, and fabric is a tad too soft.

24 minutes ago, Lexx2k said:

Not sure if it's just me and I haven't checked it out ingame, but on the screenshots posted here it looks like there is sometimes a lack of contrast? For example, here it looks like the floor, table, and fabric is a tad too soft.

Yeah i noticed that to, Some textures should be sharpened up a bait. Also i feel like the long grass's should be more bushy like it was before, It seems to sparse now. one more thing, Lightswitches are to high.

Edited by xXSly_WolfyXx

1 hour ago, quadrinka4 said:

Hi, i am using the latest "test" build using "" code. But the calories and lipid etc. numbers does not show. 

Help please?

Capture.JPG

They were disabled several builds ago, but RJ might add them again for testing purposes if there will be need. Keep in mind it's a temporary feature anyway.

1 hour ago, Jela331 said:

Loving the new graphics! :wub:

2016-03-06_00001.jpg

Also are buildings supposed to blow up randomly? I was walking by an apartment building and suddenly I heard an explosion and then the whole building looked like it got burnt down.

It's supposed to be only a sound effect , as far as I know I can happen because of a fire or a random event but I don't think that it has something to do with the building burnt up. Also in what map are you playing?

Let me guess.... downtown?

Edited by axeladalidez78

Is anyone else loosing weight constantly?

I feel like I am eating a well balanced diet (Primarily cabbage, potato, tomato, and fish (or small bird) soup or stews). I also will supplement a bag of chips in there every now and then just to make sure I am getting some fats. As soon as my peckish moodle comes up I make sure that I eat something ASAP.

However, I have been progressively loosing weight. I now have the underweight trait.

I tried to spend a day inside doing next to nothing (other than cooking food) while maintaining a fed or well fed moodle. During that time I was not exerted, but I was still loosing weight. What's worse is that I am capped on how much I can eat, so I don't know what to do here. If eating a lot and sitting around doing nothing doesn't cause you to gain weight... not sure what else I can do except binge eat on chips and ice cream, which will eventually run out.

I am worried that if I keep playing I will eventually whither away into nothing. I have read that if your weight goes low enough you will start to lose health.

How do I avoid this? Is this intended? Is there any data I can supply to look into this issue?

35 minutes ago, CaptKaspar said:

Is anyone else loosing weight constantly?

I feel like I am eating a well balanced diet (Primarily cabbage, potato, tomato, and fish (or small bird) soup or stews). I also will supplement a bag of chips in there every now and then just to make sure I am getting some fats. As soon as my peckish moodle comes up I make sure that I eat something ASAP.

However, I have been progressively loosing weight. I now have the underweight trait.

I tried to spend a day inside doing next to nothing (other than cooking food) while maintaining a fed or well fed moodle. During that time I was not exerted, but I was still loosing weight. What's worse is that I am capped on how much I can eat, so I don't know what to do here. If eating a lot and sitting around doing nothing doesn't cause you to gain weight... not sure what else I can do except binge eat on chips and ice cream, which will eventually run out.

I am worried that if I keep playing I will eventually whither away into nothing. I have read that if your weight goes low enough you will start to lose health.

How do I avoid this? Is this intended? Is there any data I can supply to look into this issue?

I had the same experiences in my last 2 playthroughs on 34.8 & 34.9 nutritiontest. RJ fixed it a lot but it could be that you are still not able to just rely on food gained by hunting, trapping, fishing, farming and foraging. The calories and hunger reduction values of home made soups, stews, stir fries and salads differ quite a lot from those of non-perishable foods like chips, cereals, mc cheese. Home made meals offer a high hunger reduction but relatively low calories wheras chips, cereals and other non-perishable foods have relatively low hunger reduction but high calories. Thus, you might not be able to eat enough soups to get enough calories cause you are well fed all the time.

If I got it right the calories of cooked meals will be higher if you have a higher cooking skill now. However, I couldn't test if that stops weight loss later on cause my current char in 34.11 just survived one week.