Community Stories - Lets add them to the game!

Tanlash

Hi guys! I'm new to both the community and Project Zomboid the game... One of the first things I found ingame was a corpse of some poor soul who obviously couldn't handle survival (which is fair enough) and they had a note/piece of scrap on them...

I was thinking, what if these bodies had bits of scrap or diaries which could be full of notes or survival stories of people who have played Project Zomboid so far. This could be a way for the community to have a bit of input into the game, and it would add a bit of immersion or feeling of there are other stories out there!

Maybe this could be done via a forum thread, competition or YouTube channels that have had a good story behind them etc?

Since stories are what gives this game depth to the community as a whole, as people love having their epic or un-epic moments made public - why not a better way to do this than put these stories on those that have fallen :)

Edited by Tanlash

There was a mod of this, sadly doesn't work anymore, I'm sure something like this will be implemented sometime. The RP stories on here would be great to add in to random survivors. Finding my own story of Walter Kells would be amazing, I've never done anything like RP but that was fun to do. Some developer stories so we don't know what to expect, too.

The devs have made an effort to implement a "lived in" feel to the world, you will find people who have committed suicide in various fun ways and people who have barricaded themselves into their room among other things.

There is a limit they can do that since every shuffle of the map leads to a very randomized state of each of the buildings.

I think implementing some kind of note or suicide note would be a great idea, as well as community input for said notes - but since placement will be randomized, there is so much they can do to write anything that could affect the world lore.

Edited by Kim Jong Un