My character climbed up to the infinity and then died - how to resurrect?

MXXIV

Making an alpha release of a game where death is final is a bad combination, as bugs can contribute to death. I had 2 year old character and after sprinting, I quickly climbed up. However the character kept climbing up and up. I quickly exited the game hoping it will fix after restart but after reloading, I fell of the high distance and died.

Can I resurrect my dead character or use some cheats to create new character with the same stats?

39 minutes ago, MXXIV said:

Making an alpha release of a game where death is final is a bad combination, as bugs can contribute to death. I had 2 year old character and after sprinting, I quickly climbed up. However the character kept climbing up and up. I quickly exited the game hoping it will fix after restart but after reloading, I fell of the high distance and died.

Can I resurrect my dead character or use some cheats to create new character with the same stats?

He was climbing to Nirvana and you ruined his dream so he fell and died.

I think the problem was that you quit the game when he was in the middle of that action and well, i dont think the game register that you were climbing thus you died, i had this before and you need to let the animation finish.

As far as i know, there is no way to resurrect your dead character.

It's an alpha-survival game, character loss happens, and death is an integral part of gameplay, we will not remove it, or nerf it. Whilst the devs try very, very hard to make sure characters won't break with new features, they can't guarantee it.

Well done for keeping your character alive for 2 years!

While it sucks NOW, it's best to back up your character. I don't know how many times I have died due to a game crash, or some other misc thing that wasn't directly linked to me being careless. But you have the ability to backup saves as they are stored on your computer. If you didn't know you could backup a save, you do now. And if you did, it's on you for not backing up a 2 year old character. Sorry mate.

My only gripe about the no saves thing, is if you crash mid game in a bad spot that causes you to die. That's actually happened to me before. Yeah, you can backup your saves in a very convoluted manner, but its a pain in the butt and seems very unnecessary. 

I do agree that the manner in which to save is a hassle. But if saving were EASY, I think the "risk" from the game would be gone, which I think is part of the draw of the game. Knowing that every decision you make IS important, helps keep you on your toes. I wish there was some sort of autosave, perhaps once every In Game week or so. Something where you don't loose ALL your progress. Or some sort of autosave function that could be added to the Sandbox options so you can choose if you WANT to have that option.

On 01/03/2016 at 10:18 PM, Cithanor said:

Eu concordo que a maneira em que para salvar é um aborrecimento. Mas Se a poupança fosse fácil, eu acho que o "risco" do jogo teria ido, o que eu acho que é parte do sorteio do jogo. Sabendo que cada decisão que você faz é importante, ajuda a mantê-lo no seu pé. Eu gostaria que houvesse algum tipo de gravação automática, talvez uma vez a cada Em Jogo semana ou assim. Algo em que você não perder todo o seu progresso. Ou algum tipo de função de gravação automática que pode ser adicionado às opções da caixa de areia para que você pode escolher se você quer ter essa opção.

The game records every time we sleep, I discovered that when I had a strange death, and when I was in the file save my character was in bed (I do not remember was a dev or someone from the support that confirmed to me when I asked, but they all know = 3) Note: we can not load the saved game and so I do not know that the game uses it would be boring you also die and be reborn on the same day, play so Hardcore ... yes it is project zomboid

Archived