New Forums Layout

Strats

7 minutes ago, Hydromancerx said:

Not sure, open link, copy the link (not from the comment box it will cause formatting issues) then repaste back into the comment box, after a few seconds it should convert it? It might be possible you have something blocking the magic AJAX stuff the forum does that converts it to video. Script blockers, or ad blockers might cause it?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I had the same as above happen to me when I cleared my cookies. Now I can sign in as normal. I've allowed the notifications now as it's more annoying to get the notification every time i open a link rather than every time I get a notification, which is rare nowadays anyway. So all fine for me now. :) The world symbol didn't let me disable the notifications either.

There will be some minor but hopefully final changes to the skin in the next few days. Just a bit of testing required to make sure there are no unwanted consequences.

It will hopefully be considered an improvement.

@nasKo - seeing as final changels are being pushed, guess I'll report these two issues I found in case they aren't acknowledge yet. Both are presented in the screenshot I'm attaching. The bar issues appears each time you are creating a new thread (or tracker issue), while the second one appear each time you link to a topi or post within forum. See how it looks for example in this thread:

clearly there is some wasted space, as the posts are being truncated anyway (you can probably see the table's wasted space in the link pasted here too).

All my observations come from Google Chrome v48 64-bit running on Windows 10 (English)

Untitled.png

Edited by Faalagorn
Forgot to attach the screen

I just can't quite get round to liking this new forum layout - its got too much white space on the sides and its too narrow down the middle for my liking. Yeah..... its just no. no no cant quite get it myself.

sorry to whoever implemented it.

24 minutes ago, Keepbro said:

I just can't quite get round to liking this new forum layout - its got too much white space on the sides and its too narrow down the middle for my liking. Yeah..... its just no. no no cant quite get it myself.

sorry to whoever implemented it.

I would suggest waiting until the work has been rolled into the theme, at the moment the changes haven't been merged yet. Hopefully the improvements there will help some people out in terms of how they feel towards the forum.

7 minutes ago, Connall said:

I would suggest waiting until the work has been rolled into the theme, at the moment the changes haven't been merged yet. Hopefully the improvements there will help some people out in terms of how they feel towards the forum.

You can also select the default theme if you'd rather it, from the footer

Note for mobile users. If you happen to be like me and absolutely hate when websites display you a mobile version of themselves even when you have "Request Desktop Version" on (Like the forums recently begun to do) that's because websites are now apparently designed to auto fit to the viewport, there is a way to fix that. On Android devices with Firefox anyway.

Here's how:

1: Type about:config into Firefox's address bar and enter.
2: Find layout.css.devPixelsPerPx (you can type it into search bar and it'll display it)
3: Change it's value to 1

After that, you'll be getting the full desktop version of the webpage if you have Request Desktop Version checked instead of the minimalist version with 1/3 of the features.

On my desktop PC and on my Laptop the Spiffo in the top banner has this white The Indie Stone Forums lettering across his face. It is taking away a lot of his cute facial expression, could you change the layout so that Spiffo can shine again?

1 hour ago, Lumbo said:

On my desktop PC and on my Laptop the Spiffo in the top banner has this white The Indie Stone Forums lettering across his face. It is taking away a lot of his cute facial expression, could you change the layout so that Spiffo can shine again?

It will be one of the things fixed when the final changes to the forum have been rolled out. ;)

I think the design is ok, but the lettering is randomly positioned depending on your resolution. While on my desktop PC Spiffo intelligently eyes me through the letters as in your pic, on my laptop it looks rather unfortunate:spiff.thumb.png.8244f9d8855e6bee110da5d3

(I think it has to do with key elements like eyes, nose and mouth that are blocked by letters)

Maybe he's about to shatter the text for blocking his cuteness.

And yea, as a part of TIS I'd be concerned about that, too :P

But this is just a reaaaaaaally minor issue i have, bikerjackets and jumpsuits have priority to me now :)

Edited by Lumbo

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

When you edit a post that has spoilers it breaks the spoilers. And you have to remake them all. Which is very frustrating for me an my mod where i have to update my first post.

I thought it only happens to me :(seems like this happens to everyone

3 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

When you edit a post that has spoilers it breaks the spoilers. And you have to remake them all. Which is very frustrating for me an my mod where i have to update my first post.

Unfortunately, this is one of the side effects of the upgrade. We've not found a way around this yet, it's related to the software provider removing support for some BBCode. We might be able to fix it, but I wouldn't hold your breath