Getting the old Lightsaber mod to work?

Alixen

Hey guys. I've been following Project Zomboid since the old days, and still remember reading about the teams early and sometimes dramatic troubles, such as bomb scares. The game has come on leaps and bounds since then, and I'm only beginning to delve into more recent changes.

That said, I've having a really frustrating problem. I'm a major Star Wars nerd, and for a personal project decided to see what it would be like to roleplay as a Jedi in PZ.

I've spent all day fiddling with text, code, mod.info files, item spawn mods, folders, and AFDFDBHAHABLARGH.

I'm trying to get this...

http://www.theindiestone.com/community/viewtopic.php%3Ff=33&t=3995.html

...to function in the current game, but it just won't play ball. Moreover I tried to make a 'recipe' that basically consisted of nothing so I could more or less spawn it immediately on a new character I was setting up for the RP. It was less than successful.

This is the item file...

module Starwars
{
    script LoadCustomTextures
    {
        LoadTexturePage(lightsaber);
        LoadTexturePage(lightsaberui);
    }

trigger OnPreMapLoad
    {
        call LoadCustomTextures
    }

item Lightsaber
    {
        Type            =            Weapon,
        DisplayName        =            Lightsaber,
        Icon            =            Lightsaber,
        MinAngle        =            0.2,
        MaxDamage        =            20,
        MinDamage        =            20,
        MaxRange         =             1.7,
        SwingAnim        =            Bat,
        WeaponSprite    =            lightsaber,
        Weight            =            7,
        WeaponWeight     =            1.0,
        DoorDamage        =            40,
        MinimumSwingTime =             6,
        SwingTime        =            17,
        SwingAmountBeforeImpact =     0.2,
        PushBackMod        =            0.1,
        SplatNumber        =            10,
        KnockBackOnNoDeath =         false,        
        SplatBloodOnNoDeath =         true,
        ImpactSound        =        lightsaberswing2,
        UseEndurance    =            true,
    }

containeritemdistribution
    {
        Containers                = sidetable,
        Lightsaber                    = 0,
    }

recipe Lightsaber
    {
        keep Shoes,
        null,
        null,        
        null,                

Lightsaber,    
    }

recipe Lightsaber {
        PopBottle,
        Result:EnergyDrink,
        Time:1.0
     }
}

and the mod file...

name=TLightsaber
poster=poster.png
description=Adds a Lightsaber.
id=Lightsaber

A mess, and I have no clue what any of it means, but after several hours of tutorials and ripping other mods to pieces it was the best I could come up with.

I was hoping someone more used to this would be kind enough to throw together a quick and dirty fix for the mod, with a recipe that consists of a piece of cloth or something? I can handle textures and such, to a degree, but I am tearing my hair out.

Alright done do note that atm its made using ripped sheets and uses the pole cue texture due to limitations (plus me not knowing how to make a model) so here you go also it comes with custom sounds so that's a plus tell me if you want any thing else and I will see what I can do like make a legit recipe or it spawn somewhere in the world. :P http://www.mediafire.com/download/mbf2xzybe4hjn9z/Light+Saber+Mod.rar

Your a gem, thanks a ton. Something I can tinker with now. :D I really appreciate it.Do you have Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic on steam? Got it in the current Humble Bundle, but already have it. Your welcome to the code as thanks, should you not have it.

Tested it out, it works great as a base, though it's still using poolcue sounds and looks very much like a poolcue. :P

Can anyone advise on how I go forwards? Do the weapons have to be 3D models or something? The new 'player' model seems to be, when it used to be sprites. If so, that means I'm likely going to have to settle for a retexture of the poolcue.

1. How do I link the included lightsaber sound to the swinging of the model? If I know that, I can add hit sounds from other lightsaber mods, too.

2. Where and what do I edit to turn the texture used into a lightsaber looking one, and is it possible to make it glow?

for custom models I would do that but I don't know a thing about modeling plus you need ModelLoader for it to work lol also as far as Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic no I don't have it up to you though if you want to give it to me just wanted to help you out :P

Also no idea if its possible to make it glow sorry and just tell me if you need anymore help and I will see what I can do.

Here is a hotfix for the sounds http://www.mediafire.com/download/mbf2xzybe4hjn9z/Light+Saber+Mod.rar enjoy also haven't tested it due to me being tired but it should work.

Edited by fluffe9911