Bathing and showering buff

MrZombifiedGamer

So I know this was rejected originally due to taking away from the game. But what if it wasn't like a mandatory thing. Instead you can just do it to get a slight boost similar to how sleeping 8 hours in Skyrim or Fallout 4 gives you well rested bonus? So it would be a squeaky clean bonus but wouldn't have any effect if you chose to never use it? 

I think shower should definetly be implemented, doesnt have to be graphically fancy, just a bar loading, much like foraging, and at the end your happiness would increase. I think boredom and unhappiness are OP at the moment. Spending the night indoors reading a book, would not be upsetting, considering outside lurks death. So extra perks like shower to raise our mood would definetly be helpful

I think shower should definetly be implemented, doesnt have to be graphically fancy, just a bar loading, much like foraging, and at the end your happiness would increase. I think boredom and unhappiness are OP at the moment. Spending the night indoors reading a book, would not be upsetting, considering outside lurks death. So extra perks like shower to raise our mood would definetly be helpful

this is actually a planned feature in the PZ Vanilla Patch Mod along with brushing teeth, wearing make up and lipstick and playing rubber ducky (beware tho showering causes noise and noise attract zombies).

you can find the mod here:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/18081-pz-vanilla-patch-v12/

this is actually a planned feature in the PZ Vanilla Patch Mod along with brushing teeth, wearing make up and lipstick and playing rubber ducky (beware tho showering causes noise and noise attract zombies).

That is actually really cool! Thank you for sharing. xD

• 1 month later...

On 26/2/2016 at 11:08 PM, MrZombifiedGamer said:

That is actually really cool! Thank you for sharing. xD

Bathing is already included in the PZ Vanilla Patch mod (you currently can bath in the shower and in bath tubs also if you fancy you can try bathing in the river.

1 hour ago, Slice985 said:

If zombies could smell you, or track you by smell across distance. I would say this would be awesome, +1 Showers.

But if there are no plans for zed smell. It doesn't seem like it matters, at least to me personally. 

For now its a roleplay thing only Lol but later it hopefully can add a "Great Confidence" trait that will boost stuff that you do in the apocalyse. Looking good while surviving has its perks :P

On 3/29/2016 at 8:56 AM, ShuiYin said:

For now its a roleplay thing only Lol but later it hopefully can add a "Great Confidence" trait that will boost stuff that you do in the apocalyse. Looking good while surviving has its perks :P

It could also wake you up if cold and make you sleepy if warm. Also it could reducer stress. Bubble baths could also be nice and it could be as simple as removing clothing and items like backpacks for a second and then "waking up/getting out" with it back on unless interrupted. Possible idea.

2 hours ago, King jjwpenguin said:

It could also wake you up if cold and make you sleepy if warm. Also it could reducer stress. Bubble baths could also be nice and it could be as simple as removing clothing and items like backpacks for a second and then "waking up/getting out" with it back on unless interrupted. Possible idea.

Its currently lowers stress and bored status also increase wetness if you have no towel. Since the game i think ties ability to sleep with tiredness its a bit hard to make bathing produce sleepy effect without causing player to get tired :( bubble bath is currently not available yet but might come in in the future.

On 4/1/2016 at 7:04 PM, ShuiYin said:

Its currently lowers stress and bored status also increase wetness if you have no towel. Since the game i think ties ability to sleep with tiredness its a bit hard to make bathing produce sleepy effect without causing player to get tired :( bubble bath is currently not available yet but might come in in the future.

im aware of this but still they are just ideas and would have to be added.

On 3/29/2016 at 9:09 AM, Slice985 said:

If zombies could smell you, or track you by smell across distance. I would say this would be awesome, +1 Showers.

But if there are no plans for zed smell. It doesn't seem like it matters, at least to me personally. 

If zombies are just reanimated humans why would they have a sense of smell any better than a typical human? 

On 4/4/2016 at 10:25 AM, uberevan said:

If zombies are just reanimated humans why would they have a sense of smell any better than a typical human? 

Why not, they are reanimated humans. This is totally the realm of science fiction. You have suspended your disbelief so far on something that will never happen. What about thermal vision, I remember that was apart of zombie lore. There is all kinda of weird stuff we can accept if we choose to.  

2 hours ago, Slice985 said:

Why not, they are reanimated humans. This is totally the realm of science fiction. You have suspended your disbelief so far on something that will never happen. What about thermal vision, I remember that was apart of zombie lore. There is all kinda of weird stuff we can accept if we choose to.  

Thermal vision doesn't make any sense either lol

I guess all I'm saying is zombies shouldn't be physically superior to living humans since all they are is moving corpses, if anything they should be physically detrimented compared to live humans

ZOMBIES WITH THERMAL VISION?!?!?!? Game breaking stuff... All they are, are just "dust in the win" ;P (Move here for actual post) Arn't zombies also supposed to be super stronk? if they can bust through glass by smearing their face on it they must be pretty strong, and i think you would give yourself brain damage before busting down and window or door with your head 

On 4/6/2016 at 11:31 AM, Queen Glory said:

ZOMBIES WITH THERMAL VISION?!?!?!? Game breaking stuff... All they are, are just "dust in the win" ;P (Move here for actual post) Arn't zombies also supposed to be super stronk? if they can bust through glass by smearing their face on it they must be pretty strong, and i think you would give yourself brain damage before busting down and window or door with your head 

You'd be surprised at the durability of the skull...

Sure, you'd be disoriented by the pain and possibly have a very minor concussion but since their brains barely function and they don't seem to feel pain then I guess it doesn't really matter.

On 4/6/2016 at 4:21 AM, Slice985 said:

No it isnt part of lore. Also i could see it as an option so reason to keep your rooms warm opr cold to hide yourself but i feel it would be too op otherwise.