Editing radio channels?

Lexx2k

Just wondering, is it already possible to edit the radio channels? I've digged a bit through the files, found a bunch of .class files, but nothing really moving.

The only serious file I could make out was RadioData.xml, which seems to hold all the necessary data (despite sentences being somewhat encrypted), but editing this file actually does nothing. I can even remove it from my folder and nothing happens ingame, so I'll guess it's used for something else instead, no idea. Other than that I couldn't even find language files for the broadcasts (yet?).

Yeah, "there will be" - but I would like to do it now. :P

The radio XML file really does hold all of the radio and tv dialogue - it's over 9,000 lines long.

As far as I know, BatSphinx asked the team to encrypt the radio XML file as he put in over 6 months of work and he didn't want some guy to open it up in notepad and spoil everything.

It's relatively simple to decrypt, but that is against the EULA and TIS wouldn't look kindly on it.

I recommend just waiting for TIS to release wordzed, there's no real way to do it right now without breaking a few rules.

and TIS wouldn't look kindly on it.

A lil bit off-topic now, but the quote above kinda gets me. Maybe it's just me and my 15 years of modding, but when it comes to mods - imo - game developers should always be happy about it, no matter what. After all, this stuff keeps games alive, which is especially important for long-time projects such as zomboid.

@Batsphinx: Nice to hear. Hope it will spawn a truckton of more radio content. Right now I am at a point in my game where I've got enough of everything and I pretty much got nothing else to do but sit in my stronghold, listening to the hordes outside groaning. That's exactly the moment I'd like to hear some random survivors talking on the radio. :>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...