SuburbsDistributions problems with zombies

francogp

Hello,

I have a problem with the distribution numbers.

I'm using distributions like:

table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["inventorymale"].items, 0.00001);
but I can get those items every 3 o 4 zombies... why?

What item is it maybe its already defined in male zombies distribution. Btw i think the lowest value is 0.01 by program so unless you modify game file it will be at that minimum

Well sometimes the programmer forgot that they set the limitation in their program Lol

snipt

Nope... its an unique item (moded one, custom name) so no other definitions. Spiffo item (official item) has a value of "Base.Spiffo" = 0.0005, so its supported lower values than 0.01
i am quite sure of this. That is why we find a lot of walkie talkies even if its spawn chance is set very2 rare

Hello,

Check out ItemPicker.rollItem in ItemPicker.lua, if you haven't already, I think that is the function that adds loot, and here is the roll for loot:

if ZombRand(10000) <= ((((itemNumber*100) * lootModifier) + (zombieDensity * 10))) then	-- make an item in the container of that type.

print those values and check out what's going wrong.

if unlucky then                        itemNumber = itemNumber - 1;                        if itemNumber<0.1 then                            itemNumber=0.1;                        end                    end

That line is pretty odd... Either 0.1 is the lowest possible value for some reason, or the unucky trait will actually INCREASE your chances of finding ultra-rare loot?

Anyway - if it just doesn't work out, you could also try to do it like mods like ORGM. They wrote their own functions for item distribution. 

Hello,

Check out ItemPicker.rollItem in ItemPicker.lua, if you haven't already, I think that is the function that adds loot, and here is the roll for loot:

if ZombRand(10000) <= ((((itemNumber*100) * lootModifier) + (zombieDensity * 10))) then	-- make an item in the container of that type.
print those values and check out what's going wrong.

if unlucky then                        itemNumber = itemNumber - 1;                        if itemNumber<0.1 then                            itemNumber=0.1;                        end                    end
That line is pretty odd... Either 0.1 is the lowest possible value for some reason, or the unucky trait will actually INCREASE your chances of finding ultra-rare loot?

Anyway - if it just doesn't work out, you could also try to do it like mods like ORGM. They wrote their own functions for item distribution.

Yea that line is what i see last time also i think it limits distribution to cap at 0.1 i thought i see 0.01 last time i forgot Lol