Need help with player made base.

nickyjefferz

On Bedford Falls, I'm building a base in the large clearing east of the lake in the middle.

With the latest build you can move lights, sinks and TV's etc, but because it isn't an existing house, the game doesn't supply power/ water to them.(yes the water and electricity are still on in game).

So is there an easy way to mod the files either with the map editor or manually to make the game see those cells as having water/electricity? - I also want to do this to stop erosion from spawning grass and shrubs inside my base.

I don't really expect a mod, just a quick fix until the devs implement this properly, but does anyone know how to edit these parameters in my existing game?

It must be the part of Bedford that's off the main stock map.  Otherwise the whole map is energized until power goes out.   Doesn't work for water though.  So a mod would great.  Not sure if the update is working or was ever implemented about Water barrels over sinks causing them to work.

Well obviously if you built a house IRL you would need to hook up power lines and plumbing to get those things into your house. Since no one but a properly trained professional would (should) be able to add those things to your house IRL, it makes sense that you can't add them in game. The average electrician (here in my state) does not have certification/qualifications to work on high voltage, so even having the electrician profession in game would be pushing it from a realism perspective.

To get electricity in your house in game, just connect a generator. I have a 100% player-built house on the river in WP and this is how we power it. We have refrigerators, ovens, radios, tvs, etc all running.

There are rain barrels for water. Also sounds like there is also a lake nearby. Just make sure you boil it, just like you should in real life.

If you put a floor down, things will stop growing. If you don't, that is just nature being natural when things grow there.

To me, this post sounds like you are trying to circumvent a number of the realistic limitations/systems that are intentionally designed into the game. I personally, do not expect the devs to ever add this request of yours. Can't hurt to ask though :)

Well obviously if you built a house IRL you would need to hook up power lines and plumbing to get those things into your house. Since no one but a properly trained professional would (should) be able to add those things to your house IRL, it makes sense that you can't add them in game. The average electrician (here in my state) does not have certification/qualifications to work on high voltage, so even having the electrician profession in game would be pushing it from a realism perspective.

To get electricity in your house in game, just connect a generator. I have a 100% player-built house on the river in WP and this is how we power it. We have refrigerators, ovens, radios, tvs, etc all running.

There are rain barrels for water. Also sounds like there is also a lake nearby. Just make sure you boil it, just like you should in real life.

If you put a floor down, things will stop growing. If you don't, that is just nature being natural when things grow there.

To me, this post sounds like you are trying to circumvent a number of the realistic limitations/systems that are intentionally designed into the game. I personally, do not expect the devs to ever add this request of yours. Can't hurt to ask though :)

Thats fair enough, but that's not how I wish to play the game, also this was posted to mod requests and its also me asking for help to know how to change setting myself, and I know that this is an annoyance for some other players,

and yeah, I don't know what to say but there is grass growing on wooden floorboards I placed.

I will re-test the generators with a TV, but I tried with table lamp when I first built my base.

also the changelog on build 32 https://steamcommunity.com/app/108600/discussions/0/613958868370685611/

states "

• Once placed near a house, it doesn't work with player made safehouse yet, right click and plug it."

so hopefully something changed, but I'll try again, I can post screen shots if you really need proof.