Zombie behaviour in 'The First Week'

deadzed

I just discovered Project Zomboid a week ago, couldn't believe I hadn't heard of it. I love it and I'm on my third character, Robert Neville, playing on 'The First Week' mode.

I've barricaded myself into a warehouse, cleared all the zombies from the parking lot, and two weeks in I've made my own allotment growing potatoes and tomatoes. The question I have is do the zombies in this game mode migrate around in hordes like I'm told they do in Survival? Right now I feel pretty safe as no new zombies ever seem to approach the building.

Should I be spending hours building walls around the warehouse to keep zombies out? It just seems a bit pointless at the moment if there aren't any on their way.

I'm not expert since I haven't played Survival, but I did play The First Week mode, and as far as I noticed, yes, they do. Helicopter, gunshots, screaming - all the ambient noises seem to draw hordes to random directions. Moreover, I was once surrounded by zombies in my warehouse once and they weren't aware of my presence, and after sleeping for a couple of hours, they all moved elsewhere. So I'd say yes, they do migrate, but maybe not as often and not in bigger amounts like they would in Survival mode.

I've been playing both survival and first week mode, and mainly latter one for now as I missed adventures of pre-build 32. Anyway One thing I can assure you is that you always have to fortify and quarantine your location. Even in the first week mode, chopper's sound hovering on you can greatly threaten your security. Only a few seconds of hesitation is enough.

I just discovered Project Zomboid a week ago, couldn't believe I hadn't heard of it. I love it and I'm on my third character, Robert Neville, playing on 'The First Week' mode.

I've barricaded myself into a warehouse, cleared all the zombies from the parking lot, and two weeks in I've made my own allotment growing potatoes and tomatoes. The question I have is do the zombies in this game mode migrate around in hordes like I'm told they do in Survival? Right now I feel pretty safe as no new zombies ever seem to approach the building.

Should I be spending hours building walls around the warehouse to keep zombies out? It just seems a bit pointless at the moment if there aren't any on their way.

I've only played 1st Week a few times and the zeds are much less reactive than in survival. I've waded into a pack of zombies merrily swinging an axe and a lot of their nearby buddies didn't even react. I've also walked between two zombies (their backs were turned) and a loud [ambient] gunshot didn't make them budge

When you say two weeks in with an "allotment" of potatoes and tomatoes, do you mean that you were able to harvest them in two weeks *real* time? Those take longer than two game weeks to grow to maturity and you've seized the warehouse so it sounds like you're doing pretty well. Maybe you might want to build walls and otherwise practice your carpentry while things are easy...'cause it sounds like you'll be playing Survival mode soon. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys I completely forgot about my post. Thanks for replying though. FYI an allotment is what we in the UK call a plot of land that you rent to grow vegetables on if you live in a city :)

My character eventually died after setting off two burglar alarms. He never even got to harvest his tomatoes.

5 minutes ago, deadzed said:

Sorry guys I completely forgot about my post. Thanks for replying though. FYI an allotment is what we in the UK call a plot of land that you rent to grow vegetables on if you live in a city :)

My character eventually died after setting off two burglar alarms. He never even got to harvest his tomatoes.

pzforums3.png