Understanding Mods in Multiplayer server

tosayu

I have started a new server. I want to add The Walking Dead Prison mod. I have it working in single player. I know that if I have it on my server my friends also need the mod.

I am, however, finding so much incomplete or inaccurate information on how to install mods on multiplayer servers.

I know I need to edit the server.ini file. I think I might need to do something in a maps folder, but I kinda think that is for an older version of the game.  Maybe a lua edit to boot?

Altho my specific problem is TheWalkingDead Prison mod, I think an understanding of how how to set it up would really help in other mods as well.

So this is what I have:

In the mode there is workshop.txt file that says that says:

version=1id=524066677title=The Walking Dead Prison v1.3description=The prison from the tv show TWDtags=visibility=public

I think in the server.ini file I need to change the "mod=" and "map=", but I am not sure what value to put in. I tried the title: The Walking Dead Prison v1.3 in both, but that didn't work. I am not sure if I just  need to add all this text into the server.ini file.  I don't know what this information means or what context to apply it to my server.

You go back far enough in forums and you read about lua files and maps folders, but with the new mod system I am wondering if they are out of date.

I just know I want to get this mod set up on my server and then give it as an option for spawn points.

The last time I used custom spawn points, I edited  servertest_name.lua, servtest_spawnpoints.lua, and servtest_SandboxVars.lue.

I am not sure if I can still do that, and I lost the link with the instructions.  

I am trying to get all the information to make a comprehensive guide on setting up custom maps/mods on build 33.20 with custom spawn points that I can share on the forums both here and on Steam.

ANy links, help, or insight would be much appreciated!

Here is the link for creating custom spawn points. I hope it still works. I still need the info on what files to modify and folders to add to in order to get mods and maps working in multiplayer.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/12270-how-do-i-add-a-custom-spawn-location-to-my-server-exact-coordinates/

It would be especially helpful if the reason behind the instruction is also included, but it's not necessary.