What is a Zombie?

Survivor1986

I wonder what kind of Zombies do we have in Project zomboid. Truly undead, independent of food or just infected humans; which can also starve to death or die by extreme blood loss? Something in between?

How intelligent or capable can something heavily infected or even undead actually be? Can something undead smell? See? or does it "sense" living beings? should we find more dead bodys that wont turn into  zombies because they have been too much damaged during a zombie/human attack? Should we see way more corpses and blood pools around places?

What are your thoughts?

Definetly dead, because once you die, you get up and walk again so definetly Romero zombies, slow and unthinking, however i have never tested this or seen it, are they The Walking Dead zombies? In other words do you get up if you die from food poisoning or fall damage? Maybe someone can confirm this

Definetly dead, because once you die, you get up and walk again so definetly Romero zombies, slow and unthinking, however i have never tested this or seen it, are they The Walking Dead zombies? In other words do you get up if you die from food poisoning or fall damage? Maybe someone can confirm this

That's an option available for Sandbox (under Infection settings for zombies) but not in the default game... it's more pure Romero in default.

You can read my take on the PZ lore based on in-game data and dev comments here, in the form of a short story: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/4359-mommy-where-do-zombies-come-from/

I'm a little crazy over lore about every single video game ever, so by posting this here, you have essentially taken my afternoon away from me.

Worth it.

Archived