Profession Mod

ShuiYin

SYN Proffesion Mod 1.1
Basically this mod made available a new profession that is a combination of all available professions bonuses and perks including the unique axeman, desensitized and night owl.

Plus: a new special job trait "marksman" that is not released in game that claims to give faster reloading.
1.1 Special Security Guard perk: Night Owl
1.2 Special Lumberjack perk: Axeman
1.3 Special Veteran perk: Desensitized
1.4 Special Fitness Instructor perk: Nutritionist
1.5 Special Burger Flipper perk: Cook
1.6 Bonus special unreleased perk: Marksman
2. Best of every strength and fitness from all profession
   eg. you get 3 fitness because fitness instructor job is the best one at fitness with 
   value of 3
3. Best of all starting skills from all proffesions
   eg. you will get 3 at woodwork because carpenter is the best at woodwork at 3
4. Best of free points to allocate of 8 from unemployed
5. Recipes learned from all available profession (eg. chef, fisherman, hunter, engineer, metal worker) is also 
   learnt

Spoiler

SYNProfession1_zpsb5qcvcln.png

Steam Workshop link:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=626242955

SYNProffesionalMod 36.4a.7z

Edited by ShuiYin
add download

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, please provide links to your mods outside Steam Workshop.

I bought Project Zomboid via GOG because I boycott Steam.

Now Indie Stone has apparently marked their game at Steam to block downloading mods via third party downloaders from Steam Workshop, so we get punished for choosing a friendlier distributor by being denied access to mods... like yours. Before they did this, http://steamworkshopdownloader.com/ for example worked to get your mod for us that paid for Project Zomboid via non-Steam distributors.

There is no good reason for this.

9 minutes ago, b9AcE said:

Yes, please provide links to your mods outside Steam Workshop.

I bought Project Zomboid via GOG because I boycott Steam.

Now Indie Stone has apparently marked their game at Steam to block downloading mods via third party downloaders from Steam Workshop, so we get punished for choosing a friendlier distributor by being denied access to mods... like yours. Before they did this, http://steamworkshopdownloader.com/ for example worked to get your mod for us that paid for Project Zomboid via non-Steam distributors.

There is no good reason for this.

There's no option  to "unblock" the third-party acquisition of mods from the workshop. We looked. That web site never worked for Project Zomboid.

Steam provides a very specific service to modder: the ease of distribution of mods. GoG doesn't provide this. The "good reason for this" is that you made a choice as to where to buy a game outside Steam. That means you don't get the benefits of Steam.

It's not something The Indie Stone can realistically change. Modders will have to make their own choices as to where they'd like to distribute their mods.

That is incorrect.

I said that web site worked before because it did and I still have the files that I downloaded through it on my hard drive, for example version 1.0 of this mod.

It is known to be a per-game block at Steam Workshop and extremely unlikely to be something Steam applies arbitrarily.

Now, please don't derail this topic any further.

5 minutes ago, b9AcE said:

That is incorrect.

I said that web site worked before because it did and I still have the files that I downloaded through it on my hard drive, for example version 1.0 of this mod.

It is known to be a per-game block at Steam Workshop and extremely unlikely to be something Steam applies arbitrarily.

Now, please don't derail this topic any further.

That that just proves that TIS has no control over it, since the first day on GoG people have told us that website didn't work. I even tried it myself.

There is no "per-game" block that The Indie Stone has access to or controls. Valve may act differently, however, and isn't required to support your piracy of their service.

As to derailing the topic, these are comments you made. I'm simply responding to them. Perhaps they should not have been made in the first place if they're considered "off-topic?" Perhaps it would have been wiser to simply ask the mod author to provide an alternative method of distribution rather than engage in falsehoods and assumption?

This is not the General Discussion forum, Butter Bot.

Please don't derail topics with irrelevant debates.

My request was and is to ShuiYin: Please provide access to your mods outside Steam Workshop for those that bought PZ via other services than Steam.

Thank you.

For my courteous request that the topic not be derailed, I was given two permanent "Abusive Behavior" warnings in an absolute case of Butter Bot abusing staff powers for personal debate leverage.

Please delete my account.

I have looked but can not find an option to remove my own account. I don't want to be a part of a "community" that allows for such staff behavior. I will obviously also recommend others against it, obviously .

39 minutes ago, b9AcE said:

For my courteous request that the topic not be derailed, I was given two permanent "Abusive Behavior" warnings in an absolute case of Butter Bot abusing staff powers for personal debate leverage.

Please delete my account.

I have looked but can not find an option to remove my own account. I don't want to be a part of a "community" that allows for such staff behavior. I will obviously also recommend others against it, obviously .

There's nothing courteous about laying down some accusations and, rather than defending or acknowledging anther's position, deriding them as offtopic.

Particularly when you're not a moderator of this forum.

Your access is suspended for 24 hours.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/4/2017 at 2:42 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

There's no option  to "unblock" the third-party acquisition of mods from the workshop. We looked. That web site never worked for Project Zomboid.

Steam provides a very specific service to modder: the ease of distribution of mods. GoG doesn't provide this. The "good reason for this" is that you made a choice as to where to buy a game outside Steam. That means you don't get the benefits of Steam.

It's not something The Indie Stone can realistically change. Modders will have to make their own choices as to where they'd like to distribute their mods.

keep in mind I'm not saying if I know steam or something or other has control over something with the mods, I have no idea and I'm not a part of the original discussion that took place but this is just my two cents. I love project zomboid and I hope everyone can enjoy it good.

Doesn't really make sense because It's so easy to just download a mod file from a direct link here on the forums and just add it to my mod folder no big deal. I got it on GOG too because I personally believe steam is pure evil and I'm glad to have DRM-FREE games that I actually own instead of a never ending rental that can be taken away from me any moment steam decides I'm not politically correct enough for them and bans me for literally no reason. /rant  final points: I strongly dislike steam, I LOVE drm-free freedom and customer loving GOG, and I love it when mod makers post direct links to their mods on the forum so that everyone can enjoy the mods. That's all I had to say. Thank you kindly.

I also give thanks to the mod maker for making a mod that allows me to craft and do anything in the game instead of being trapped in one or another choice. I know I can just play the game multiple play throughs and I probably will but I'm the type of person who loves the freedom to do whatever they want in the game and this mod helps me do exactly that- whatever I want and playing the game to it's full potential without strange red tape that says I can't craft something because I'm one thing and not another. I'm very very happy about this mod and it increases me enjoyability of the game substantially and makes more likely to reccomend this game and this mod together to others who didn't buy it yet.

VERY happy! thank you!

Edited by bobthejob