Stolen art from project zomboid in new steam game

Im not sure where to post this so i figured the general discussion board would be ok, sorry if I'm wrong! but I wanted to let TIS know that this new game on steam (story of the survivor) using your item sprites and I'm 100% sure they dint ask you and nor are they giving any credit. here's the link to the game, watch the trailer and you'll see what I mean.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/440950/

O.o just read again and the description sounds just like PZ

Story of the Survivor is an action RPG that takes place during a zombie apocalypse. Surviving isn't going to be easy, and zombies aren't the only things to worry about. You must also eat and drink to survive as well as avoid other survivors.

This game features an open world and a crafting system, as well as an interesting storyline. If you're a fan of The Walking Dead or other zombie-related media, then this is the game for you!

Just in case it's not obvious, please do not go on their forums and post hateful comments. I've already seen that happening and it is rather embarrassing.

oh wow really... thats sad, i mean they're just trying to make a game, hell the devs are literally only two people! I hope my post didn't cause this to happen :( but yeah I've seen asset packs for RPG Maker VX Ace with copyrighted images on it a lot of the time and it sucks because the people who use it get shoved into a copyright infringement situation :\

so no one is allowed to make a zombie rpg like zomboid??lmao gfto thats like saying you cant make a game like minecraft when hundreds of games have copied the basic's and added there own ideas aswell,i can see if its like a legit copy and paste of the same game but i doubt they have the exact same game as you with all items being the same,gameplay etc,all i know is its good to have more then one game to play in that genre,and who knows maybe those devs will acaully port the game to console when its finished,im telling you all the console needs is a game like this and its a top indie hit garented

so no one is allowed to make a zombie rpg like zomboid??lmao gfto thats like saying you cant make a game like minecraft when hundreds of games have copied the basic's and added there own ideas aswell,i can see if its like a legit copy and paste of the same game but i doubt they have the exact same game as you with all items being the same,gameplay etc,all i know is its good to have more then one game to play in that genre,and who knows maybe those devs will acaully port the game to console when its finished,im telling you all the console needs is a game like this and its a top indie hit garented

They're using several sprites created specificly for Project Zomboid. That's a violation of copyright. It's also already been resolved.

Way to try to spin this as something else, though.

They're using several sprites created specificly for Project Zomboid. That's a violation of copyright. It's also already been resolved.

how am i spinning this as somthing else,did you not read the title of the post,it stated to game copied zomboid basicly

how am i spinning this as somthing else,did you not read the title of the post,it stated to game copied zomboid basicly

Topic says stolen art. Art visible in the same video you're commenting on.

Art which the creator acknowledged may have come from Project Zomboid and will be removed.

No one said they can't create a zombie game or tried to bully them.

Topic says stolen art. Art visible in the same video you're commenting on.

Art which the creator acknowledged may have come from Project Zomboid and will be removed.

No one said they can't create a zombie game or tried to bully them.

oh man nevermind you dont get it

where in the video does it exaclly have the same items as pz??can you tell me the timeframe so i can check and see for myself cause all i seen was a totally diffrent looking zombie game that is in the same genre as this one,are all the food and weapon sprites the exact same thing as pz?

oh man nevermind you dont get it

Ha. Yeah. I totally don't.

where in the video does it exaclly have the same items as pz??can you tell me the timeframe so i can check and see for myself cause all i seen was a totally diffrent looking zombie game that is in the same genre as this one

http://media.indiedb.com/cache/images/games/1/47/46061/thumb_620x2000/Zrzut_ekranu_2016-01-23_13.19.10.png

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/440950/ss_6eb4e5595e89a29f1af74d986d8570d3d6a6b74a.1920x1080.jpg?t=1455715187

http://www.indiedb.com/games/story-of-the-survivor/images/story-of-the-survivor71

Item icons.

Taking copyright art from one game doesn't mean ripping off the entire game or being in the same genre.

i havent played pz in awhile so i dont know if you guys updated the sprites or not but so your saying all those food and weapon sprite icons are the exact same as pz ?and im not trying to start any bs was just confuzed with those whole thread tbh

Trying to clear up confusion:

Thread says game X uses some art from PZ.

It was said few sprites were the same as in PZ; sprites that were in the game for years.

It was never mentioned that the game is a copy of PZ.

It was never mentioned that they stole all the art.

It was about very few sprites - created specifically for Project Zomboid - being used in the linked game.

Developers of Game X were approached and apparently they've gotten the sprites from some art package for RPG Maker.

Developers of Game X will replace sprites in question for the next update.

This concludes this topic, I guess.