Portable ladder ideas

Naughtysocks

I'm pretty sure this has been suggested before, however I had some thoughts on how to introduce balanced portable ladders. This could include extension ladders and maybe step ladders?

1) the ladder would only allow access to the second story

2) the ladder would weigh 25+ which would basically force the character into an overloaded movement

3) the ladder would be a rare find, like the sledge hammer.

It could take up 1 space when set up, and an animation similar to the rope climbing one could be used?

The nice thing about having ladders is that it would allow access to second stories that had previously been unavailable without level 6 carpentry and building stairs.

Thoughts?

Nice idea, it would be great for quick access to roofs.  Even cooler if you could kick it over, or pull it up.  Would be neat to use to evade a horde when away from your base, or even using it to access someone else's base.  It would have to be destructible by zombies, though.  

One good sort of portable ladder would be a rope ladder with a hook at the top. This could let you climb over low things if you are carrying too heavy a load to climb just by jumping up and grabbing the ledge. You could also throw it higher or use a pole (like a spear or something similar) to lift it higher. The advantages of a rope ladder over a solid ladder would be its weight and size.

It would have to be destructible by zombies, though.  

Unless it's a metal ladder.

It would have to be destructible by zombies, though.  

Unless it's a metal ladder.

Most sturdy enough to not be destroyed aren't very portable. The heavy metal ladders on fire escapes I could see as indestructible by zombies... the cheap aluminum ones you buy at stores could easily be rendered useless as a ladder (I know, I've gone through quite a few over the years).

One good sort of portable ladder would be a rope ladder with a hook at the top.

There is already a rope ladder in game but not usable last time checked, its below westpoint near the river by the second far away hunting cabin.

Should be a portable/craftable mid-end game item. But i think we will get poop analysis before we see a ladder.

Personally i would like to see more ladders and less ropes, ropes make the game too easy and although they are something that is easily crafted, how many of us could climb a rope that easily, especially with a bag full of supplies. Rope climbing should have some negative traits, such a tiredness, maybe even rope snapping causing a broken leg.

Truth told, I find it very weird there aren't any usable ladders in the game. I mean, the mechanic is already in the game in form of sheet ladders. So why not use the same for normal ladders?

Now that I am thinking about it, shouldn't be that hard to make a mod for it, no?