Space mechanic

Dooflockey

On top of inventory weight there should also be a space mechanic implemented somehow. I mean yeah a duffelbag could carry weight equal to 20+ gallons of orange juice, but good luck fitting it all in there. It could prove to be more of an annoying micromanagement than a realistic feature though. It would have to be done correctly, I wouldn't want (just) a bunch of numbers telling me how much space I've got or how much space each item takes up. I would like to see something similar to a visual grid of items with each item taking up a certain amount of "space". My only beef with visual grid inventories is arranging the items. It would have to be a relatively flexible system that wouldn't require too much dragging and dropping to make room (it's a bit more realistic to have to shuffle your bag around to make room, but it can be super annoying in practice.) This would make stacking items more difficult hence why I say it would have to be talked about. This is just a little idea me and my brother had and there are a few flaws I can think of (stacks, arranging stuff, how strength and endurance are affected) but overall we like the idea. What do you guys think of an added space mechanic?