Crowbar Visual & Function Update

formoza

Usually I didn't use crowbar as a weapon, so I didn't care much about graphics of crowbar.

but recently I started to use crowbar, to double the amount of the loot per heist, and found that crowbar is still described same as baseball bat. and I felt some kind of a disappointment.

well, one could say that this matter is trivial. and I understand that the developers are working so hard on the important issues like nutrition system or NPCs. 

but I also want to point out that this kind of 'detail' does influence the players' satisfaction, especially when it is related to EDC items. 

About the other aspect, there were other weird points about the crowbars in this game. they are very durable and have same range as bat. but that's all. they are heavy, and has no additional function other than just swinging to zombies. 

1. They should be able to function as the tool. spade, small hammer, big hammer, ax... they are originally designed to function as a tool. and they have other usage in-game. but the crowbars are just heavy, durable, less fatal and tiring baseball bat now. I think at least they should be able to remove barricade from the window, which only small hammer can do now. or forcing the locked door or window to open. this would cost the player's time, rather than quickly smashing it open with noise. spending time in front of the door is another type of risk, so this will give players to choose the type of risk depending on his/her situation.

2. Making it two-handed weapon should be considered. when I was in military, I had a chance to try different length of crowbars. of course my task was not swinging it at someone's head :(, but my first impression was that they were heavier than I thought. maybe I can swing the shortest one with one hand, but I wouldn't be able to swing the longer ones with only one hand. but in-game crowbars are one-handed weapon, and have same range as bat...

Crowbars can break through player-placed combo locks and are also required to move tiles and other various furniture.

It's also not as handy as a weapon compared to the bat. In my experience, it has at least definitely been more durable.

The problem with the crowbar is that it's just not designed as a weapon. It's much more useful ingame as a tool than as a weapon. You may not be as invested in redecorating as I am, but you need a crowbar to fully renovate. You need one to move tile, break off window panes, and many other things.