Going to sleep...

ld-airgrafix

Plenty of times i would be overheating during the day, forcing me to remove clothing and go on a nudie run. Usually i would forget to put clothing back on and during my sleep i would get freezing icon, or in some cases overheating icon if i kept clothing on. It would be nice if character actually wakes up (as you would in real life) due to discomfort, causing tiredness stress during the day. Same goes for screams and gun shots during the night. Also bed should give you different resting compared to a wooden chair for example, and introduction of sleeping on the floor would be even more realistic not to mention uncomfortable.

Yeah I'd like that as well (I'm a fitful sleeper in RL so I tend to wake up from various things - too hot, bad sleep position... no matter where I sleep or how comfortable the bed is, I toss and turn due to pressure on joints/circulation and wake up multiple times during the night only to shift and go back to sleep... full bladder is usually my body's alarm clock telling me it's time to get up :P), plus I think the Overheating is a bit much... sometimes I get that just wearing jeans and shoes (no shirt) while indoors with the power still on... I live in North Alabama and it's hot and muggy here most of the time... and I wear jeans and long sleeves year round and seldom get overly bothered by the heat (except in winter when running the heater makes the house stuffy).

It almost seems like we're playing a person who doesn't actually LIVE in Kentucky since you're not used to the weather.

...introduction of sleeping on the floor would be even more realistic not to mention uncomfortable.

I sleep on the floor occasionally, and I find no discomfort in it.

I would wager that the vast majority of people prefer to sleep in a bed. I have no empirical data to support this, but every single human that I personally know owns a bed that they sleep in. Why invest in a bed that takes up a lot of floor space and cost a fair amount of money if it wasn't more restful and comfortable for them?

While some may find no discomfort in a flat,hard surface, I again would wager the vast majority of people would.

I'll admit that I do occasionally sleep on the floor, but it is usually just quick naps where I don't want a long/deep sleep.

...introduction of sleeping on the floor would be even more realistic not to mention uncomfortable.

I would wager that the vast majority of people prefer to sleep in a bed. I have no empirical data to support this, but every single human that I personally know owns a bed that they sleep in. Why invest in a bed that takes up a lot of floor space and cost a fair amount of money if it wasn't more restful and comfortable for them?

While some may find no discomfort in a flat,hard surface, I again would wager the vast majority of people would.

I'll admit that I do occasionally sleep on the floor, but it is usually just quick naps where I don't want a long/deep sleep.

I own a bed... even bought a Tempur Pedic mattress back when I was trucking that's on it now (wasn't as effective at preventing my tossing and turning as I'd thought plus it's hard as a rock when it gets cold, so I had an electric blanket to warm it up when I was getting ready to stop for the night).... but for the past decade or so I've slept on the couch instead... mainly because it's closer to my computer and I tend to wait until I'm about to pass out before I sleep and don't want to wander too far.

I have a extended post on sleeping on the floor and how to do it comfortably, which I won't reiterate here, but the whole point of sleeping on a raised platform is to get way from things that scurry on the floor and to prevent the ground from robbing you of heat during the night. And the reason a lot of people buy them despite their disadvantages is that its expected and engrained in them as something they need to have.  It use demonstrate affluence to have a bed which caused them to proliferate once they became readily available.

Sleep should be available anywhere, as long as it seems to be safe.  Think of the classic cowboy, sleeping out on the prarie, with nothing but a wool blanket and a saddle for a pillow.  He can sleep because he's tired, and he has one of his partners watching over things.

This feeling of safety, of letting your guard down so you can relax and sleep, could be worked into the game.  What if the amount of protection between your character and the outside world affected sleep quality.  For example, sleeping in a first floor room, no barricades, and only a closed window and door between your character and hungry zombies, could lead to frequent wake-ups and crappy sleep.  Sleeping outside in a tent; forget about it.  But sleeping in a fully barricaded house, or even in a windowless room with furniture in front of the door, would lead to a full, normal night's sleep.