Autoplace skill points

Zomboid

You get way more skill points than you can place so the game should just autoplace them and say you leveled up sprinting for example. It is unnecessary to have to select that you leveled up reloading.

There are a few rare occurrences (usually early in the game) where I may not want to use a point as soon as a skill is able to be leveled up. For instance I may not want to put a point into farming because in 10xp I want to level up sprinting.

After a few days in game you do typically end up with a huge skill point surplus. Right now my character has 35!!!

You should just automatically level up that skill once you reach the correct xp. I can't help but wonder the main skill points you earn are unfinished or an old system that needs to be removed. You have to constantly remember to click on the skill to level up and that is really the only purpose of it.

You should just automatically level up that skill once you reach the correct xp. I can't help but wonder the main skill points you earn are unfinished or an old system that needs to be removed. You have to constantly remember to click on the skill to level up and that is really the only purpose of it.

Yeah, the entire points system should just be removed. Once you hit the XP for the next level you should automatically level up. You're right that it is mostly just a tedious task.

If there are still skill points though, I don't want it to level automatically. There are rare occurances where I don't want to level up a skill to keep the point for a skill that is about to reach the completed level. This is rare though.

This will probably be adjusted once the game hits beta hopefully. Right now alpha is designed to add features, beta is for balancing. Who knows maybe they'll get to it sooner, but right now my character has 35 skill points that I can't use :)

They could actually use this to increase the difficulty of the game. Instead of removing the need to put points into the skills, they could lower the experience gained (or raise the experience needed to level). This would cut the surplus of skill points down and it would also make you actually have to think about whether you want farming level 3 or sprinting level 2.

I also think that they should cut the accrual of experience if you don't have a point in the skill. E.g. if you have a spot to +, you shouldn't gain anymore experience in that skill until you place that point.

They could actually use this to increase the difficulty of the game. Instead of removing the need to put points into the skills, they could lower the experience gained (or raise the experience needed to level). This would cut the surplus of skill points down and it would also make you actually have to think about whether you want farming level 3 or sprinting level 2.

I also think that they should cut the accrual of experience if you don't have a point in the skill. E.g. if you have a spot to +, you shouldn't gain anymore experience in that skill until you place that point.

That was the oringal goal, from what I remember.

The levelling system needs a lot of love at this point.

That was the oringal goal, from what I remember.

The levelling system needs a lot of love at this point.

Ever stop to think that PZ players are masochists? GIVE ME MOAR PAINZ.

That would be rather unrealistic. You don't sit down at night to ponder whether should be able to run further or whether you should be better at farming the next day. You gain experience in farming when you farm, and your stamina increases when you run enough. When you do both you get both. This should be reflected by the game, which would mean that you gain levels where it's due when it's due, and that the manual allocating of points becomes obsolete.

This would cut the surplus of skill points down and it would also make you actually have to think about whether you want farming level 3 or sprinting level 2.

That would be rather unrealistic. You don't sit down at night to ponder whether should be able to run further or whether you should be better at farming the next day. You gain experience in farming when you farm, and your stamina increases when you run enough. When you do both you get both. This should be reflected by the game, which would mean that you gain levels where it's due when it's due, and that the manual allocating of points becomes obsolete.

This would cut the surplus of skill points down and it would also make you actually have to think about whether you want farming level 3 or sprinting level 2.

This is true, but it seems less fun.