'Never' option for water and electricity in Sandbox

Banjo

I'm a bit confused why this isn't already in the game, given the point of Sandbox is to let us set things up however we like. We can set 'Instant' but not 'Never' for when water and/or electricity gets shut off right now.

Would it be possible to please add a 'Never' option for water and electricity, so we could have them never shut off if we wish?

Obviously this would *only* be a Sandbox option, not something for regular difficulty modes or challenges!

Hopefully this would be very easy to implement and give the player more choice in setting up their Sandbox games as they wish (for roleplaying terms, it could be that your game area is in a 'quarentine' zone where power and water are suppied from outside since the rest of the world is uninfected).

I swear this was already a thing, just not with the word "never".

1 sec I can check for you. :)

EDIT: Waddaya know? You were right. I swear I saw this option before. xD

Until it's added you might wanna just select 6 months to a year. Best of luck! :D

I thought the same thing until I went to Sandbox the other day and realized I couldn't set it to 'never'! See what I mean about how strange it is that this is NOT an option? :)

There was a mod around I think that added this, but it didn't work for later builds. I tried making a new mod for the current builds, but while I could get the new 'never' option to show up, I can't find where the game sets the duration before shutoff anywhere in the files (just the text labels for the options) so it doesn't work. If I could find the values, I'd be happy to make it a '10 years' option if it needed to be numerical!

I don't mind using the '6-12 months' option (I rarely play the same character for that long anyway), but there really should be a 'never' option available just to keep with the 'Sandbox = your choices' concept.

• 2 weeks later...

I know that in PZserversettings there is a number value for days when water or power goes out, so I think you could host a private server only you could access.

The server settings have a lot more customization, but it takes a lot more work to do it.

I don't see why a lot of those aren't settings in sandbox.