Severe Moodles / Extreme Consequences

ZeppelinII

I feel like some of the moodles don't have any real consequences, so I am creating this mod to remedy that. I will be creating additional consequences for the following moodles - Boredom, Unhappy, and HeavyLoad. The severe/extreme consequences will only come once you are at the maximum level for that moodle. Descriptions will follow.

Boredom

if player is at maximum boredom then it will be harder for that individual to complete tasks that require long durations (reading, fishing, foraging, etc). Player will get randomly interrupted during said action and the player will randomly automatically consume some food items from their inventory (preferring junk food) if available.

Unhappy

If player is at maximum unhappy level then it will check player's inventory for a firearm and ammunition. If conditions are satisfied, then it will equip those items, fire the gun, and kill the player. Think of this as a work around for the player killing themselves. Simulated Suicide.

HeavyLoad

This one will work a bit differently because i don't want to have your character instantly break his back. If the heavyload moodle is at the maximum level than a counter will increase for however long you are in that state. If you reach a certain threshold after a certain amount of time then you can be exposed to a back injury. I'll reset the injury counter as needed to make sure that a back injury is not inevitable. So how would we define a back injury - what should the factors be? My idea, would be to reduce the player's maximum speed by 50% and reduce their carrying capacity by 50%. Additionally the player will have behavior similar to a cold (sneezing) where he will complain about his back and make some noise in the process.

Note

The back injury will be completely simulated, meaning that it won't be something that you will have to  address through the health UI. You will simply have a bad back for a day (some finite time) and then conditions will be restored after that time has passed.

Please leave suggestions to my current plan or provide some additional moodle consequences that you think are more suitable. Thanks again for looking at my mod.

• 3 months later...

For the back one, I'd say treat it as a new moodle series.

• First step, "strained back"; minor pain, slightly lower speed and damage, further damage from weight procs sooner (eg, normally can carry for 30 min at max without damage, now can only carry for 20). Heals in a couple of hours or when you rest/sleep. Back support negates moodle while in base inventory.
  • If you proc weight damage while strained, you get "sprained back"; moderate pain, reduced speed and melee damage, further damage from weight procs sooner, and from lower weight (in just 5 min of moderate weight will proc damage). Heals to "strained back" in a week, faster if you carry back support in base inventory. Movement speed improved to "strained back" level if cane/equivalent is equipped.
  • "torn back"; High pain from moving, severe pain from carrying weight, reduced speed, greatly reduced melee damage, and now reduced ranged accuracy. Moderate weight instantly procs damage. Heals to "sprained back" in a fortnight, faster if you carry back support in base inventory. Movement speed improved to "strained back" level if cane/equivalent is equipped.
  • "crippled back"; High pain at all times. Immobile if carrying weight. Melee damage AND accuracy severely reduced. Ranged accuracy AND reload speed severely reduced. Cannot sprint. Cannot move without back support in inventory and cane/equivalent equipped.

New items needed: Back support (found? crafted?), Craftable canes.

New icons needed. (I could help with that)

What do you think?

I don't like your boredom and unhappy ones. The heavyload one seems okay.

First, boredom.  Just because something takes a long time, doesn't mean it's inherently boring. Many people love fishing and reading.  Perhaps if people ONLY do fishing or reading for several days then they would get bored. Also, I think people will become more bored/frustrated if they aren't very good at an activity. Generally, they aren't likely to like something as much if they are bad at it.

So IMO, a master fisherman should be able to fish for ever without getting bored, but a beginner will become bored if they do nothing but fish for an entire day.

The unhappiness one: I'm sorry but it sounds awful, and it will never happen. The devs have said they will never take control out of the players hands, your character will never kill themself of their own free will, and I think it's better that way to be honest. I'd much rather have a passive effect from being happy due to my mainly worm diet. Something simple could be actions taking a longer time and lower awareness.

• 2 weeks later...