Solar stills for water purification?

Hicks233

We can boil water using campfires and stoves but I was thinking that we could use planks and nails - perhaps a bin bag also and have the added function of slowly removing window panes and using the saw on bathtubs and sinks to gain pipes to then build solar stills. A slower but less attention hungry method of purifying water. The added bonus would be having the ability to source pipes from plumbing to make pipe bombs also.

Alternative methods to water purification are always nice. The ability to make charcoal from wood and use it to make filters from socks and water bottles would also be nice. Could have it set so that one container drains into another through the filter over time.

Alternative methods to water purification are always nice. The ability to make charcoal from wood and use it to make filters from socks and water bottles would also be nice. Could have it set so that one container drains into another through the filter over time.

It would be handy given that they are existing items in the game as well. Just needs the recipes and testing.

But does it filter out bacteria? I dont know now exactly but i think you still need to boil the water to be 100% sure. But Charcoal filter out any dirt and junk.

But does it filter out bacteria? I dont know now exactly but i think you still need to boil the water to be 100% sure. But Charcoal filter out any dirt and junk.

Dunno. It should remove toxins and other contaminants, which would certainly help make the water less likely to make you ill. If you're really worried about bacteria you could hook up a battery powered UV light to kill the bacteria, which would be another way to purify water. The business I work for builds them into furnaces sometimes for customers who have bad allergies. They're supposed to be really good at killing bacteria and mold. Plus I think they use less energy than regular light bulbs, so a single battery could purify a lot of water.