Build 34 Discussion

f3rret

For new version you won't have to always right click, once you start fishing you'll stop by mobing or doing something else, after one time fishing is finished, another one start (looking for new lure or rod)

I also reduced the boredom thing when fishing, should be less boring :D

Also nowbig fish will have better nutrition while small bit less, that should make good fishing man able to survive in the forest, gonna address mushrooms tomorrow and prob do a release :)

Yo! Another aproach to this could be that the player gets a happiness boost when actually manages to fish something. Like in real life! You may spend hours looking at the pole in the sea (or the river), you'll get bored, but then, suddenly, the thing actually start to move and you manage to catch the poor fish and... happiness boost :D

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For new version you won't have to always right click, once you start fishing you'll stop by mobing or doing something else, after one time fishing is finished, another one start (looking for new lure or rod)

Also nowbig fish will have better nutrition while small bit less, that should make good fishing man able to survive in the forest, gonna address mushrooms tomorrow and prob do a release :)

Yo! Another aproach to this could be that the player gets a happiness boost when actually manages to fish something. Like in real life! You may spend hours looking at the pole in the sea (or the river), you'll get bored, but then, suddenly, the thing actually start to move and you manage to catch the poor fish and... happiness boost :D

I really like these changes and I like this suggestion too :D

As someone that often plays a fisherman, I always found it weird that my character would get bored when fishing lol. It would be really cool if certain actions being successful or doing something related to your chosen traits affected your characters mood as well :)

As someone that often plays a fisherman, I always found it weird that my character would get bored when fishing lol. It would be really cool if certain actions being successful or doing something related to your chosen traits affected your characters mood as well :)

Really cool idea!

I'll jump on this as well... I don't fish often but when I actually catch something, I do get a sense of achievement and pride out of it.

Side note: There should be a trait for reducing boredom in general (I don't tend to bore easily because I have a vivid imagination and can distract myself with daydreams while doing menial chores that don't require much attention). And a trait for reducing boredom while reading skill books... I've always enjoyed learning something new and never got bored reading textbooks - especially in subjects I wanted learn - but I have a thirst for knowledge and often research things on my own to learn more about them (most recently, I was curious about national holidays in other countries so I spent about 4 hours reading about them on the net - started with curiosity about parallels to Independence Day/President's Day in other nations - Mexico, New Zealand, Japan and Serbia had their foundation holidays earlier this month).

Watercontent of "Melanoplus mexicanus" is 68%.

I dont know if thats a cricket or grasshopper, thats why i used the binominal name.

This one obviously is a mexican fella. I dont know if they differ much to other "Melanoplus". I wouldnt care, if they do.

The watercontent of animals, and plants can differ a lot. Again dont care, but its interesting.

A snail "Macularia vermiculata" weighing 4,806g absorbed  2,708g water (56.4%), after 11 months without water.

So i would take one watercontentnumber  for all hardshell-insects, and one for worms, snails, etc..

But if you want to have other values, id gladly help out.

Down below is the source, which is in german.

http://www.zobodat.at/pdf/SBAWW_164_0049-0064.pdf

Sorry for this post, its too late and obsolete.

Edited by Trink_Reiniger

I just realized that while it's not a freezer, the Pop Dispenser machines should serve as a refrigerator.

The other aspect is putting something in - you generally can't access the content without having a way to open it or break in, but again, currently you are free to take and put anything you want from and out of them. I would love to see a feature when you have to add coins scavenged from container and zombie corpses to take something out, though ("Open Wallet" recipe? *hint* :P) - or break it open, but that would add posibility to attrack zombies, especially if machine have an alarm.

A crude way of limiting player from using it as a refrigerator (and container in general), would be to limit the container weight to 0. While it would spawn items, it wouldn't allow player to put anything in it afterwards. But then again, making it refrigerator would be pointless, other than adding a bit flavor of seeing the frozen icon on sodas. Unless someone add a happiness bonus to chilled drinks :).

Been wondering, has the fact that you can't do anything with Processed Cheese (other than just eating it) been already fixed? I haven't found any of it yet to try it out myself, but I'm quite curious about if one of PZ's oldest bugs has been finally fixed.

Been wondering, has the fact that you can't do anything with Processed Cheese (other than just eating it) been already fixed? I haven't found any of it yet to try it out myself, but I'm quite curious about if one of PZ's oldest bugs has been finally fixed.

You can put it in your sandwich, burger, rice or pasta.. I should add stir fry too

You can put it in your sandwich, burger, rice or pasta.. I should add stir fry too

Cool! I just hope I can find some to try out soon; on this playthru, the RNG apparently has the intention of making me into a Vegan; I've looted about half of WP's fridges and I've only found fruits and veggies...

That said, I've gotten a good idea while I was slicing some Pike I caught. Why can't we ''Slice'' other pieces of meat, like Steaks and Pork Chops, into smaller portions just like we can do with Fish Fillets?

This could be a very good method to share found meat amongst other survivors you might have teamed with, not to mention that it's probably be a much efficient way to make each piece of meat last longer.

And as someone who was born and raised under the ever-present food scarcity of a communist dictatorship, I know it's quite possible to slice a steak so thin you can have 5 people sate their hunger with the same piece of meat and have enough left to eat for another day.

That said, I've gotten a good idea while I was slicing some Pike I caught. Why can't we ''Slice'' other pieces of meat, like Steaks and Pork Chops, into smaller portions just like we can do with Fish Fillets?

This could be a very good method to share found meat amongst other survivors you might have teamed with, not to mention that it's probably be a much efficient way to make each piece of meat last longer.

Bacon is slicable into rashesrs and then bits, which are currently the lowest hunger satiating non-medical item in game - and you can eat only 1/4th of it :)

The problem with it however, is that it rots quicker than unsliced bacon (which is understandable, especially as the original bacon is packaged).

About sharing food other than fishes, bacon and watermelon (which are slicable as a part of recipe) with other survivors, there are few ways actually. First you can eat only 1/2 and 1/4th of any edible food item, but even better way to conserve food would be making evolved recipe, let's say soup - it only takes a part of meat piece to add it to stew, then you can pour the stew into 2 or 4 small bowls and then upon that eat only 1/2 or 1/4th of bowl at a time.

So, assuming the meat can be used 4 times in a stew (I haven't checked how many actually, but it should be around that number), from one piece of meat you can make 4 Pots of Stew * 4 = 16 Bowls of Stew * 4 = 64 survivors could actually taste a Stew made from just one part of meat :). At this point, the food value would probably be really low, but there's where a skilled chef and evolved recipes shine - you can add multiple materials and spices, and with high enough cooking you can even add pieces of a rotten materials to satiate a tiny little more of hunger (and add extra flavor for the happiness boost!).

EDIT: Forgot to add, as of latest nutritiontest patch, Ham Slices exist too :)

Edited by Faalagorn

I really think Mac and Cheese should be prepared rather than eaten out of the box - that would be like eating uncooked noodles by themselves.

To prepare mac and cheese in the style the game has used, you would need a bowl and water - probably need to cook them too. Like how one would prepare oatmeal.

The mac can also be put into soup or pasta as noodles, since the noodles from M&C are also used for that.