RELEASED: Build 34.10 - Food Tracker Build

RobertJohnson

Unfrozen ice cream out of the fridge should rot as well.    Probably somewhere between as quickly as milk to double the value at most.

DaysFresh = 4 - 8,

DaysTotallyRotten = 7 - 14,

Unless you want Icecream to be a magical food (which it kind of is) and always stay fresh.

"Hey, yo. It's nothing. Chicks love scars!" -Karl

Dying is Hungry Work. The Karl Story

Updated version to current.

W = Wounded hungry, that is to say eating nearly constantly to maintain low 'well fed' status.

Day 8, 90.52kg) 09:50, P/ate F Cake Slice [-7] (x2 =14). 14:00, Glass window wound, bleeding, RForearm. 15:30 W/ate Watermelon Slice [-8] (x8 = 48). 16:50 W/ate Watermelon Slice [-6] (x2 = 12).

Z) 18

Day 9, 89.67kg) 05:40, W/ate F Orange [-12], f Apple [-15]. 11:50, W/ate F Pineapple [-25]. 13:30 W/ate F Grapes [-12].

Z) 4

Day 10, 88.9kg) Made Stirfry| Salmon FU [-15], Carrot [-7], Cabbage [-7], F Egg [-15]. (52)

02:00 W/ate F Mayonnaise [-30]. 14:30 1/2 Stirfry [-26]. 18:00 W/ate 1/2 Stirfry [-26]

Z) 34

Day 11, 88.2kg) Made Burgers| F Sliced Bread [-10], FU Mutton [-10], F Processed Cheese [-5], FU Pork Chop [-10], FU Chicken [-10], Mayo. (x3 = 62)
13:40, W/ate F Yogurt [-10]
Wounded arm healed. Desire to use SOSGw/AS&FC overwhelming.
23:40 H/ate 1/2 Burger [-31]. 14:40 H/ate 1/2 Burger [-31]

Z) 169 Immediate satisfaction.

Day 12, 86.89kg) Woke up this morning and upon walking around the bed was propelled through a wall with no opening and fell to a grisly fate. One must be aware of imaginary walls and always remember that beds will try to push you to your death if they can.

Z) -1

Final Health Evaluation

Weight/Loss: 86.89kg, -4.50kg

Fitness Gains: 1031/9,000

Strength Gains: 1,915/90,000

Cardio: Intense, multiple, hundred-strong-horde avoiding cardio.

Karl died doing what he loved: Glitching through a wall in pursuit of testing excellence. Here are his last moments.... captured for your witnessing.

default.jpg

I just realized mini fridges may have been overnerfed. Most mini fridges do have a small freezer compartment, perhaps consider adding a 5 unit freezer section to mini fridges RJ? If not, non-electricians will have zero options for re-locating any kind of freezer at all into their base :/

I'm not sure if industrial fridges are meant to not have any kind of freezer, because they still don't.

Currently there is no benefit to the industrial fridge other than it's look. If this is intentional, I'll need to move the fridge out because I also can't freeze things.

I'm not sure if industrial fridges are meant to not have any kind of freezer, because they still don't.

Currently there is no benefit to the industrial fridge other than it's look. If this is intentional, I'll need to move the fridge out because I also can't freeze things.

Not sure what facility you're referring to in-game, but in most industrial applications fridges and freezers are indeed separate. For smaller units, there are typically full size upright freezer and fridge units (separate) just for storage space reasons. For medium sized applications, this often means walk-in style freezers and fridges, that are almost always separate units for logistics reasons. Bigger than that and you have fully temperature controlled warehouses.

Not sure what facility you're referring to in-game, but in most industrial applications fridges and freezers are indeed separate. For smaller units, there are typically full size upright freezer and fridge units (separate) just for storage space reasons. For medium sized applications, this often means walk-in style freezers and fridges, that are almost always separate units for logistics reasons. Bigger than that and you have fully temperature controlled warehouses.

(For post reference, I'm referring to these ones: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.8234505983116717,0.1823887483629444,1417.6037499701838 )

Edit: Re-arranging my post as I realized there was likely an issue with the terminology I used

In the patch notes RJ said that the intention was to remove freezers from small fridges, not commercial (named ingame as "industrial") ones, so I assumed it was an oversight.

These are the ones I am referring to:

735-a-160.jpg

Source

It's more of a matter of game balance and the fact that until walk-in freezers exist ingame, no restaurant will have freeze capabilities (except the ones that have conventional home refrigerators).

Regardless, it looks like the ones that are used ingame should have freezer capabilities.

Edit: I think "commercial freezer" was the term I was looking for, not industrial. It is the commercial ones that lack freezers, as linked in the map above.

Yeah, to be honest we don't really have that kind of fridge here, so I didn't know.. I assumed they wouldn't have a freezer.. Gonna confirm with Mash/Muricans.

As for small fridge, I didn't know they could have freezer, but now you said it I remember having that kind of fridge during my studying years and I had a really small freezer... Tho we didn't really called it a freezer, but anyway, gonna add a really small one then :P

Yeah, to be honest we don't really have that kind of fridge here, so I didn't know.. I assumed they wouldn't have a freezer.. Gonna confirm with Mash/Muricans.

Actually, Carrefour uses those kind of vertical freezers and so does other markets around here - at least in Poland. They are uncommon (most of them are regular fridges for dairy, beer or other things).

Quick find from Google images: http://wiadomoscihandlowe.pl/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/mro%C5%BConki.jpg (pl. mrożonki = frozen goods) - they usually have things packaged in cartons that are good for display, such as pizzas, burgers, but also fries and other frozen goods too)

Hey RJ :) just check your easter bordercountry :)

https://www.yourhome.de/p/Privileg-Kuehlschrank-PRF-130-W-A-A-85-cm/10461239/?gclid=CjwKEAiA0ZC2BRDpo_Pym8m-4n4SJAB5Bn4x71mjpKtgFK4pvcROS9X6f6CbwWmIHmn8RPCN6F2WdhoCuZ_w_wcB#itemId=6006921956

we have stuff like that and i always used it till i married :) since then we need more freezing space and have a seprate fridge and frezzer,but combinations of fridge and frezzer are quite commen in germany. Also what Faalagorn said, we have that kind in our gorcery stores too

Yeah, that ok, I added the mini fridge thingy, I talked about the big fridge in the restaurant, is it freezing too?

Here if a restaurant have to use a freezer (IT'S A BAD ONE :D) they use special big freezer and no real fridge but a room who act as a fridge, so I have no idea.. :/

In my serving days my restaurant (in North America) I worked at was not a huge one, they had those vertical fridge/freezer things that looked exactly like the ones ingame. I think adding a freezer, at least for now, was the right move. Thank you for being very attentive, I love that about the developers!

Awesome job with the nutrition build, RJ! Keep up the great work!

Edit: The mini fridge is still missing the freezer and the black color version of the big fridge is still missing the freezer.

Just a thought don´t know if possible that way i think :)

You could make the big Fridge/frezzer to be like 100/0 , 75/25 , 50/50 , 0/100 which means for example the one has 75% fridge and 25% frezzer inventory, another one can have 50% 50% while other are 100% the one or the other.

For the small it would be more likly 100% one or the other or they have max. 25% frezzer. You often find them in single appartments/Kitchen. Everything else would be always 100% fridge or frezzer.

I can just tell that from we had in the family and my own before the one i have now was a small one with 4 Shelfs and the top one was the frezzer so 25% frezzer 75% fridge

Update 8!

• Fixed always fishing with a wooden spear
  • Fixed more typos (thanks Faalagorn!)
  • Added ReplaceOnRotten props for items, use it to get melted icecream
  • Fixed icecream freezer item (is now only a freezer and not a fridge)
  • Added mini freezer on trailer park style fridge (mini fridge) (the big fridge will have to wait me to ask Mash to be sure :D)
  • Fixed organized trait making some items disappeared when transferring them
  • Egg carton now have a day fresh/rotten and give his age to eggs when opening it
  • Opening egg carton no longer give cooking xp (also empty bottles, etc...)
  • Added food type to red radish (can now be added in evolved recipe)
  • Wild egg now have day fresh/rotten props

Update 8!

• Fixed always fishing with a wooden spear
  • Fixed more typos (thanks Faalagorn!)
  • Added ReplaceOnRotten props for items, use it to get melted icecream
  • Fixed icecream freezer item (is now only a freezer and not a fridge)
  • Added mini freezer on trailer park style fridge (mini fridge) (the big fridge will have to wait me to ask Mash to be sure :D)
  • Fixed organized trait making some items disappeared when transferring them
  • Egg carton now have a day fresh/rotten and give his age to eggs when opening it
  • Opening egg carton no longer give cooking xp (also empty bottles, etc...)
  • Added food type to red radish (can now be added in evolved recipe)
  • Wild egg now have day fresh/rotten props

Aw yeah! "Added ReplaceOnRotten props for items" Oh the possibilities!

I noticed canned bolognese can't be added to Pasta recipes, while Chili can. Bolognese is a sauce, is it not? It's great that Chili can be though, I use chili leftovers all the time to make my own pasta sauce.

Also in my opinion I think a big reason why you should add freezers to the big fridges is because of game balance, I just don't think it would make sense for a restaurant to not have the capability to freeze things.

I'm getting a bug where things are disappearing. I looted a few garages and found a lot of duct tape and wood glue but when I went to use them they weren't in my bag. This also happened later when I raided the GIGA mart and I found both jars and jar lids and when I put them into my bag they disappeared. 

Hm, it looks that each time I start a new game I start at Trailer Park (Dixie Mobile Park)

Figured out it's because the spawn areas for unemployed profession were commented out, most likely for debugging purposes :)

For those wanting to fix that, remove all the comment

--
lines change spawnpoints.lua file in
\ProjectZomboid\media\maps\Muldraugh, KY

I'm getting a bug where things are disappearing. I looted a few garages and found a lot of duct tape and wood glue but when I went to use them they weren't in my bag. This also happened later when I raided the GIGA mart and I found both jars and jar lids and when I put them into my bag they disappeared. 

This should have been fixed in the latest patch (a message or two above yours). Is it still happening?