RELEASED: Build 34.10 - Food Tracker Build

RobertJohnson

Yeah, to be honest we don't really have that kind of fridge here, so I didn't know.. I assumed they wouldn't have a freezer.. Gonna confirm with Mash/Muricans.

As for small fridge, I didn't know they could have freezer, but now you said it I remember having that kind of fridge during my studying years and I had a really small freezer... Tho we didn't really called it a freezer, but anyway, gonna add a really small one then :P

Thanks RJ, non-electricians everywhere are rejoicing right now :D

Here if a restaurant have to use a freezer (IT'S A BAD ONE :D) they use special big freezer and no real fridge but a room who act as a fridge, so I have no idea.. :/

Quite a few here use walk-in freezers. I know Pizza Inn and Godfather's both had walk-in freezers when I worked there. I've also worked as a caterer at some higher-class places that used large refridgerator-style freezers or horizontal freezers, but they weren't that common (usually when people needed portability - most established restaurants would spring for a walk-in freezer)

A lot of convenient stores use them (especially the horizontal freezers - with glass lids for displaying frozen snacks) in addition to a walk-in freezer.

Aw yeah! "Added ReplaceOnRotten props for items" Oh the possibilities!

One of the possibilities for vanilla would be a Hot Cuppa :) It won't rot, but will certainly gets cold (for the moment let's skip the fact that you can actually make it without any heat source from the cold water). That shouldn't affect hunger and thrist (and maybe fatigue; it still have caffeine/teine - which got me wondered why don't it reduce speepiness?), but could remove unhappiness and stress bonuses. I would love a way to heat it back though.

Also, while we're at it, maybe with this the idea of black tea/coffee with lesser bonuses (and no hunger) and drainable coffee could make it's way in :P? I wouldn't mind having Coffee and Tea recipes split for that matter too.

EDIT: Actually a small evolved recipe for hot drinks would be nice actually. It wouldn't even have to limit the use of ingredients. Want an extra strong coffee or a tea from two teabags? No problem! Two doses of sugar? Sure! Also - milk :). Plus in the future there might be more sweeteners to add.

Update 8!

• Fixed organized trait making some items disappeared when transferring them

I didn't used the organizer trait and items disappeared when transferring them into hiking bags. I haven't tested the new fix yet. But is this fix just tied to the "organizer trait" or does it fix other disappearing item issues too?

I got skinny after 1 months of my current playthrough. It seems to be difficult to keep my weight or even gain weight. I started about 4 days ago with trying to eat a lot regularly and stay well fed all the time. But I'm still losing weight  :unsure: . I have a stir fry with bird meat and vegetables (cooked) a day and some extra berries and/or ice cream from time to time.

Stats are the following:

averageCalories=-3405.5762
caloriesMax=1235.544
caloriesMin=-3500.0

totalFedPercentage=7
totalStarvingPercentage=19
totalNormalHungerPercentage=74

totalExoPercentage=19
totalSleepPercentage=1
totalNormalPercentage=86

survivalTime=1159.4734146837727

2016-02-19_00001.jpg

Fitness level 6: 1518/30000

Strenghts level 6: 3740/30000

Everything seems that the bug with containers is no longer there, but I found another one, this one happened for me while taking fuel, but may happen also while taking water (have to check).

The problem happens if you are close to the maximum capacity and are refueling with Empty Gas Cans. Once you go at capacity >= 50 and try to fuel up another empty can, the exception and red error pops up (see below) and empty gas can you try to fuel up disapperas. Empty Gas Can weights just 0.3 unites, while full one weight 5 units, so it's not so hard to do so.

-------------------------------------------------------------attempted index: setUsedDelta of non-table: null-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: onTakeFuel -- file: ISWorldObjectContextMenu.lua line # 1146function: onMouseUp -- file: ISContextMenu.lua line # 82java.lang.RuntimeException: attempted index: setUsedDelta of non-table: null	at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.tableget(KahluaThread.java:1549)	at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:623)	at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:163)	at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1727)	at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1642)	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:63)	at zombie.ui.UIElement.onMouseUp(UIElement.java:904)	at zombie.ui.UIManager.update(UIManager.java:1069)	at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:572)	at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1175)	at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:974)	at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:173)-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: onTakeFuel -- file: ISWorldObjectContextMenu.lua line # 1146function: onMouseUp -- file: ISContextMenu.lua line # 82
I get the exact same error each time I try to refuel with >= 50 capacity.

Still playing with Organized character, in case if it matters.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and that bug didn't happen in 33.20 from what I remember - that lead to funny situations with a character having over 100 units of weight on it.

EDIT2: Can confirm this happens to water containers too (snipped a bit more, because it seem to happen only at certain states of refilling):

-------------------------------------------------------------attempted index: setUsedDelta of non-table: null-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: onTakeWater -- file: ISWorldObjectContextMenu.lua line # 1740function: onMouseUp -- file: ISContextMenu.lua line # 82java.lang.RuntimeException: attempted index: setUsedDelta of non-table: null	at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.tableget(KahluaThread.java:1549)	at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:623)	at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:163)	at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1727)	at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1642)	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:63)	at zombie.ui.UIElement.onMouseUp(UIElement.java:904)	at zombie.ui.UIManager.update(UIManager.java:1069)	at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:572)	at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1175)	at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:974)	at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:173)-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: onTakeWater -- file: ISWorldObjectContextMenu.lua line # 1740function: onMouseUp -- file: ISContextMenu.lua line # 82-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------Callframe at: replaceItemfunction: onTakeWater -- file: ISWorldObjectContextMenu.lua line # 1738function: onMouseUp -- file: ISContextMenu.lua line # 82java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.caller.MethodCaller.call(MethodCaller.java:61)	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaInvoker.call(LuaJavaInvoker.java:199)	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaInvoker.call(LuaJavaInvoker.java:189)	at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.callJava(KahluaThread.java:182)	at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:983)	at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:163)	at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1727)	at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1642)	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:63)	at zombie.ui.UIElement.onMouseUp(UIElement.java:904)	at zombie.ui.UIManager.update(UIManager.java:1069)	at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:572)	at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1175)	at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:974)	at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:173)Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException	at zombie.iso.IsoObject.replaceItem(IsoObject.java:1563)	... 19 more-------------------------------------------------------------attempted index: setUsedDelta of non-table: null-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: onTakeWater -- file: ISWorldObjectContextMenu.lua line # 1740function: onMouseUp -- file: ISContextMenu.lua line # 82java.lang.RuntimeException: attempted index: setUsedDelta of non-table: null	at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.tableget(KahluaThread.java:1549)	at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:623)	at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:163)	at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1727)	at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1642)	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:63)	at zombie.ui.UIElement.onMouseUp(UIElement.java:904)	at zombie.ui.UIManager.update(UIManager.java:1069)	at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:572)	at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1175)	at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:974)	at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:173)-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: onTakeWater -- file: ISWorldObjectContextMenu.lua line # 1740function: onMouseUp -- file: ISContextMenu.lua line # 82[ZNetJNI] ZNetFriends::OnPersonaStateChange-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------Callframe at: replaceItemfunction: onTakeWater -- file: ISWorldObjectContextMenu.lua line # 1738function: onMouseUp -- file: ISContextMenu.lua line # 82java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.caller.MethodCaller.call(MethodCaller.java:61)	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaInvoker.call(LuaJavaInvoker.java:199)	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaInvoker.call(LuaJavaInvoker.java:189)	at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.callJava(KahluaThread.java:182)	at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:983)	at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:163)	at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1727)	at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1642)	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:63)	at zombie.ui.UIElement.onMouseUp(UIElement.java:904)	at zombie.ui.UIManager.update(UIManager.java:1069)	at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:572)	at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1175)	at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:974)	at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:173)Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException	at zombie.iso.IsoObject.replaceItem(IsoObject.java:1563)	... 19 more
EDIT3: Weird things also happen when you are close to 50 capacity and equipping two handed weapon. For me it seem that a Shotgun disappeared when I re-equipped the bags. I didn't get any red errors, however. I think the same happens if you dismantle something.

So to sum up: lots of bugs happens when you are over 50 capacity and try to opearate on items.

Edited by Faalagorn

Everything seems that the bug with containers is no longer there, but I found another one, this one happened for me while taking fuel, but may happen also while taking water (have to check).

The problem happens if you are close to the maximum capacity and are refueling with Empty Gas Cans. Once you go at capacity >= 50 and try to fuel up another empty can, the exception and red error pops up (see below) and empty gas can you try to fuel up disapperas. Empty Gas Can weights just 0.3 unites, while full one weight 5 units, so it's not so hard to do so.

So to sum up: lots of bugs happens when you are over 50 capacity and try to opearate on items.

The same problem is when I try to saw logs on the ground (and they are over the  maximum capacity of the ground) . I will get only planks in amount which fits capacity of main inventory and the rest is lost.

Another bug with this build, related to the containers - if you look at the other container right after looking at something else, it shows the weight of the previous one, the one you just looked at - the container carrying capacity "inherits" last container carrying capacity.
For example, if I click at the Modern Oven (capacity 19) and then on an adjacent Birchwood Corner Counter (capacity 65), it says the Birchwood Corner Counter capacity is in fact 19, which is not true.
The capacity display goes back to normal once you try to put something in the container or take something from it.
Again, this was observed on my character with Organized trait.

As has been mentioned, please do not post anything other than feedback about this build here.

I saw the notices being posted in this thread, but every time I see them I don't exactly know what counts as "Feedback" and what not :( - and every time I see them, I wonder if my post belong here or not. Like I mentioned before, I noticed there's a Build 34 Discussion thread and that this post was originally for nutrition feedback (but it grew with the addition of freezer and container capacities).

Normally, I'd post bug reports to tracker, but it's been disabled for the time being unfortunately, so dunno if I should just made a regular topic in PZ Support.
I kinda try to post just bug reports related to that build in the topic, but if it's still a bad place to post them, just move my post and let me know where should I post, either in forum thread or by PM :). Thanks for understanding :)

Hey RJ, I was just reading the feedback thread, and I was wanting to clear up the whole berry thing. Mash stated something along the lines of how she was wanting the white berry to always be poisonous, with the generic ones being randomized. The current notes say that black and blue berries are always safe. So currently, the system is.....

Black + Blue = Always safe.

1 random generic or white berry = poisonous.

Will it be switching to where the white one is always poisonous + 1 random generic?

Hey RJ, I was just reading the feedback thread, and I was wanting to clear up the whole berry thing. Mash stated something along the lines of how she was wanting the white berry to always be poisonous, with the generic ones being randomized. The current notes say that black and blue berries are always safe. So currently, the system is.....

Will it be switching to where the white one is always poisonous + 1 random generic?

I hope so.

A plant exists that looks like blueberries, but is poisonous. http://www.fcps.edu/islandcreekes/ecology/virginia_creeper.htm (For reference)

We have that locally here in Indiana, just north of Kentucky.

*edit* I figured rather than making another post I'd just add it here, I'm liking the starvation change, it no longer feels ridiculously fast. And dehydration seems to be working properly in regards to "killing you faster than starving" and once you intake water again, the health returns as I would expect, if only to the level before the dehydration occurred. So I'm liking this build so far. One bug I've noticed is, with the mini-fridge if you pick it up, the freezer section remains in place. In effect, you lose the freezer box the moment you move the mini-fridge.

*edit two* Found a bug, not sure if its specific to this build or not. When you take a cooked meat patty (and possibly other cooked meats) and apply it to a burger or sandwich it becomes raw.

Just run through my thoughs, shouldn't the frozen food be inedible without unfreezing it first? Currently you can eat frozen food just fine.

I mean you can eat something frozen but... it's kinda hard and doesn't have the same taste beacuse it's frozen so yeah, this needs to be fixed.

I've played another 14 days with my character (see this post). I tried to survive with hunting, farming and foraging and since I constantly lost weight I tried to stay well fed during the last 14 days. However, I was still losing 10 kg during that time from 38.99kg at 1months and 18 days to 29.00kg at 2 months and 2 days. Now it seem to be stable. I definetly think the weight reduction should be lower.

Further stats:

averageCalories=-1368.5958
caloriesMax=1978.907
caloriesMin=-3500.0

totalFedPercentage=39
totalStarvingPercentage=1
totalNormalHungerPercentage=60

totalExoPercentage=12
totalSleepPercentage=1
totalNormalPercentage=92

survivalTime=1570.4018049277947

Let me add a bit of more mostly naming fixes, possibly for the upcoming updates:

• Just realized that Bowl of Soup made from Canned Soup (after pouring Pot's content) may lack nutritional values (in addition to the previous reports I made, most notably FishFillet - unless it inherits the value, RemouladeFull, CheeseSandwich, PeanutButterSandwich and Modjeska, all of which can spawn in the current game) - that's because the SoupBowl item that is both a resulting item from Evolved Recipe as well as Pot of Soup made from canned soup have no defined nutritional values. Unless it somehow inherits the value.
  • I wasn't trying to make my own bread from the recipe yet, but what puzzles me is that the cooked bread seems to be having a separate recipe for slicing, yet it seems it can't be added to an evolved recipe, unlike the regular bread. It also have missing nutrition values and different fresh/rotten parameters (while that might be understandable - currently it stays fresh longer (it's freshly cooked) but rots faster (lacks preservatives)). It's hard for me to compare the hunger, boredom and unhapiness as I'd have to have a cooked bread to compare it with the regular one:

recipe Slice Bread    {        keep KitchenKnife/ButterKnife/HuntingKnife,        Bread,        Result:BreadSlices=3,        Sound:PZ_SliceBread,        Time:40.0,        Category:Cooking,    }    recipe Slice Bread    {        keep KitchenKnife/ButterKnife/HuntingKnife,        BreadDough,        Result:BreadSlices=2,        Sound:PZ_SliceBread,        Time:40.0,        Category:Cooking,    }
    	item Bread	{		HungerChange	=	-30,		Weight	=	0.3,		Type	=	Food,		DaysTotallyRotten	=	6,		DisplayName	=	Bread,		Icon	=	Bread,		DaysFresh	=	3,		EvolvedRecipe = Soup:5;Stew:5;Salad:5,		FoodType    =   NoExplicit,        Carbohydrates = 99,        Proteins = 17.7,        Lipids = 6.66,        Calories = 532,        Packaged = TRUE,	}    item BreadDough    {        Type				=			Food,        DisplayName			=		    Bread,        Icon				=			Dough,        Weight				=			0.3,        HungerChange 		=		-15,        UnhappyChange	    =	    10,        ThirstChange		=		15,        RemoveNegativeEffectOnCooked    =   TRUE,        IsCookable	=	TRUE,        DaysTotallyRotten	=	9,        MinutesToBurn	=	50,        MinutesToCook	=	20,        DaysFresh	=	4,    }

• Pasta and rice made from pot instead of saucepan can't be put in bowls (unless it's intentional)
  • Also some naming fixes, I'm going to add extra explanation for those I reported earlier but remain unchanged, if there aren't plan for changes though, just let me know :)
    • item BakingTrayBread: Baking Tray With Bread -> Baking Tray with Bread
    • item WaterSaucepan: Saucepan with Water -> Saucepan of Water (to match the other liquid container names)
    • item Crappie: Crappie Fish -> Crappie (last time I accidentially wrote "Corndog", fail copypasta >.>)
    • item TunaTin: Tuna -> Canned Tuna (it's one of the old items, similar to other "Tin" items (TinOpener, TinnedBeans, TinnedSoupOpen, TinnedSoup), all of which got their name changed somewhere down the road. Also, Can is more of American spelling, while Tin is British, most likely that's why it was changed)
    • item TunaTinOpen: Open Tin of Tuna -> Open Canned Tuna (same reasoning as above)
    • item Candycane: Candycane -> Candy Cane (unless for some reason Candycane and Icecream want to be written as such, I think the name with a space is a proper/more common spelling of these)
    • item Icecream: Icecream -> Ice Cream (same reasoning as above)
    • item IcecreamMelted: Melted Icecream -> Melted Ice Cream (same reasoning as above)
    • Also, as a bonus, since the names are getting fixed, Light Bulbs:
      • item LightBulb: LightBulb -> Light Bulb
      • item LightBulbRed: Red LightBulb -> Red Red Light Bulb
      • item LightBulbGreen: Blue LightBulb -> Blue Light Bulb
      • item LightBulbYellow: Yellow LightBulb -> Yellow Light Bulb
      • item LightBulbCyan: Cyan LightBulb -> Cyan Light Bulb
      • item LightBulbMagenta: Magenta LightBulb -> Magenta Light Bulb
      • item LightBulbOrange: Orange LightBulb -> Orange Light Bulb
      • item LightBulbPurple: Purple LightBulb -> Purple Light Bulb
      • item LightBulbPink: Pink LightBulb -> Pink Light Bulb
Also, after discovering SuburbsDistributions.lua file I can also confirm that Grilled Cheese Sandwich is currently not in any recipes or spawn lists, making it most likely obsolete the same way as Casserole or other old cooking items. Edited by Faalagorn

I think locking off Blueberries and Blackberries from poisonous status is just fine. I think the random ball and fuzzy berries should be the (possibly) poisonous ones.

Reason being, I think that down the line Blueberries and Blackberries might be something you could loot in fridges (to fully encompass the list of edible eats people would purchase).

I've played another 14 days with my character (see this post). I tried to survive with hunting, farming and foraging and since I constantly lost weight I tried to stay well fed during the last 14 days. However, I was still losing 10 kg during that time from 38.99kg at 1months and 18 days to 29.00kg at 2 months and 2 days. Now it seem to be stable. I definetly think the weight reduction should be lower.

Further stats:

averageCalories=-1368.5958

caloriesMax=1978.907

caloriesMin=-3500.0

totalFedPercentage=39

totalStarvingPercentage=1

totalNormalHungerPercentage=60

totalExoPercentage=12

totalSleepPercentage=1

totalNormalPercentage=92

survivalTime=1570.4018049277947

is it even possible for a normal sized adult to weigh under 30kg (im really not sure about this too but i cant imagine that its possible)? maybe put a bottom cap or something. similarly to overweight i think should have a cap too