RELEASED: Build 34.10 - Food Tracker Build

RobertJohnson

Hmm.  I had a game-breaking bug strike me almost immediately.

I loaded up the FTB and started a new game -- 'Initial Infection' on 'Hardcore' mode in West Point.

I played for a little bit (3 hours in-game time) and then closed the game to do something else.

When I loaded it back up... I was suddenly 'Sunstruck' (after 3 hours of mostly being indoors with a sweater on) and all of the in-game food was rotten (even refrigerated food).

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=624393637

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=624393656

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=624401149

No idea what happened... everything was fine when I first exited.

I also noticed a bunch of zombies that only spawned after reloading the save.

Hi guys, i found a strain bug... I was playing for a few minutes, just 1 day of game, and then i disconnect to launch. When i reload de game all the food decay, included the food in fridges. I dont know why and i dont know is even reported. Sorry for my english and grettings.

Tried starvation, I had the obese trait and I died with weight 102.5 on the third day
I couldn't see the cal/prot/lip for some reason, anyways I figured that being obese would mean you had some weight on you to lose I.E. stored "food/energy" I know that the body keeps burning protein and not fat and that is why my test character died but on the THIRD day? and only losing 12,5 (I'm assuming it's kg because 100 pounds is a quite underweight) is quite wierd also the weight system is also very wierd, a fighter weighing 120kg is classified as a heavy weight but they are still fit, there are many people who exceed that and weigh over 200kg and yes those people are obese most people weighing say 110kg have a bit over weight but they are certainly not obese.

so to touch on the subject of starvation and dehdration then
Water: When someone is no longer taking in any fluid, and if he or she is bedridden (and so needs little fluid) then this person may live as little as a few days or as long as a couple of weeks.

Food: well there is differences between people for example "In 45 days Naveena Sine has lost 20per cent of her body weight, taking her five-foot four-inch frame down from 159 to 126 pounds"
how long did she do this "diet" 47 days
another example is "At the age of 74 and already slight of build, Mahatma Gandhi (THE ONE THE ONLY! MAHATMA GANDHI THE DESTROYER OF WOLRDS!!!!), the famous nonviolent campaigner for India's independence, survived 21 days of total starvation while only allowing himself sips of water."

so needing food everyday I don't think so.

and I noticed the mayonnaise
it weighing 0,5 (I'm assuming it's in kg)
with calories 3000,0
carbs 0,0
protein 0,0
lipids 330,0
that is quite different from what it says on google
where it says
per 100g so multiply by 5
calories 679 = 3395 (kcal)

carbs 0,6 = 3
protein 1 = 6
and lipids 75 = 375
so that is a bit off too and it giving only -10 hunger is a bit of bull if it contains 3395 kcal.

Have to report, I had a death by not quite starving today. I was definitely not eating enough over the week or two that I survived. But, after bringing myself out of starvation via foraging, I continued to experience health loss. I'm not entirely sure what happened to cause my death.

I wasn't injured physically, nor did I have any moodlet to suggest I was poisoned or otherwise not feeling well, aside from being hungry. I was just eating "randomly" whatever I could find. I did not feel the need to track what I was eating, as a result. As far as I was aware, lipids/carbs/proteins wasn't suppose to kill you due to a lack of them. In hindsight, I wish I had kept track of the food this run because it would make a test case much easier. I don't suppose you could add this information to the stat tracking? (IE: X Lipids, X Carbs, X Proteins over X days of survival)

So, to other testers: if you can keep an eye out for any strange deaths like this, maybe between us we can figure out what caused it.

Additionally, to comment on the psychological end of food, you will obsess about food after a few days without any, especially if your burning a lot of calories doing hard work. But, that could be better handled with a minor loss of focus, I think. I'd personally like to see the psychological effects be separated as well, I don't think people want to experience character's automatic suicide by any means.

Tried making another outdoor survival character, here is a snapshot of its stats after about a week outdoors living off of foraged goods and fish

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198046681680/screenshot/495763483671170703

Lost about 6 pounds despite having light eater and eating every berry/mushroom/fish I've caught (perhaps fish fillets are still not working?)

Gonna try a save later that is set in winter to see how well outdoor survival fares with fishing only.

@makkenhoff: foraging? Sure you didn't ate poisonned stuff?

@Moose65: fuck, nah it should work, i'm going to make bit more test... I have fixed values for fishes tho, as a Trout is always 189kcal for ex. bear in mind fishes are really poor in nutrition, it's the perfect food for diet, quite not to gain weight... I'm not sure if it's correct tho, only live from fish/berries/mushroom and you'll loose weight irl... What i'm gonna do is do like *1.3  nutritive values if it's a big fish, etc... We'll see then...

Also, I've fixed the rotten food bug, gonna release something today, gonna balance nutrition values/fix more thing first :)

When it comes to foraging, keep in mind that Common Mallow, Lemon Grass, Black Sage and Ginseng are all edible and satiate a bit hunger (-1), but don't change any nutrition values (incl. calories) at all. You can look it up in items.txt (or here).

Also, I've fixed the rotten food bug, gonna release something today, gonna balance nutrition values/fix more thing first :)

Yay! Waiting eagerly for this so I can start a new game to test more things out :)

Update 7!

• Containers now have specific capacity (kitchen counter/crates still 50, fridge lowered to 40, small fridge to 20, etc...)
  • Some fridge won't have freezer (small ones...)
  • Fixed icecream container icon missing
  • Added postbox container loot distribution
  • Food type for Egg in evolved recipe is now Egg (previously Meat)
  • Fixed various typo and/or case problem
  • Red radish can now be used in evolved recipe
  • Fishing action will now start again after done, to end it move or do another action
  • Mushroom are now bunch of mushrooms
  • Added some missing translation line
  • Changed Lipids to Fat
  • Can now open canned chili/bolognese
  • Reduced a lot the amount of health loss if you're starving/thirsty
  • Black and blue berry can no longer be poisonous
  • Fixed foods being rotten once load game
  • Various calcul changes on nutrition value

Update 7!

• Containers now have specific capacity (kitchen counter/crates still 50, fridge lowered to 40, small fridge to 20, etc...)
  • Some fridge won't have freezer (small ones...)
  • Fixed icecream container icon missing
  • Added postbox container loot distribution
  • Food type for Egg in evolved recipe is now Egg (previously Meat)
  • Fixed various typo and/or case problem
  • Red radish can now be used in evolved recipe
  • Fishing action will now start again after done, to end it move or do another action
  • Mushroom are now bunch of mushrooms
  • Added some missing translation line
  • Changed Lipids to Fat
  • Can now open canned chili/bolognese
  • Reduced a lot the amount of health loss if you're starving/thirsty
  • Black and blue berry can no longer be poisonous
  • Fixed foods being rotten once load game
  • Various calcul changes on nutrition value

Great job :) I did looked at the files and see a lot of the errors I reported got fixed, thank you!

(Un)fortunately I found some other bugs and list the ones that were missed again (I'll skip the ones from the previous post that seem to be more of "suggestion" than bug:

• item PiePumpkin DisplayName: "Pumpkin Pie" -> "Pumpkin Pie Slice" (seems to be equivalent of the regular Pie. I think it can be found, but might be obsolete with evolved recipes)
  • item Watermelon weight was changed, but not slices and chunks (intentional?). Also, Watermelon have more DaysFresh (6) than DaysTotallyRotten (3) (and slices have them equal) - seeing how no other items have DaysFresh>=DaysTotallyRotten that might be a mistake
  • item CakeBatter and item PieDough have Type = Normal, why they should be Type = Food (they have nutritional values set)
  • item RedRadish have no FoodType set (should be Vegetables)
  • item FishFillet have no nutricional values; that was reported before but must have been unnoticed
  • Other items still missing nutritional values:
    • item RemouladeFull (It got it's name changed but still no nutrition and no spice flag)
    • item CheeseSandwich
    • item GrilledCheese (may be obsolete; have to encounter it in game yet)
    • item PeanutButterSandwich (never encountered it in game yet)
    • item Modjeska (never encountered it in game yet)
    • item BreadDough (but other, obsolete(?) dough items have it)
    • Also Spice, Salt and CommonMallow, LemonGrass, BlackSage and Ginseng as I mentioned before, but Antibiotics at least got the CantBeFrozen flag :)
    • item Corndog is still called "Crappie fish"
    • item OpenBeans is still called "Open Can of Beans" (instead of Open Canned Beans). Also Tuna and Dogfood, but I can assume they might not want to be changed.
Also, why I'll generally just mention bugs but no suggestions, I'll mention these two as they are generally small changes to the text file only:
  • Since the names are getting fixed, it got my though, shouldn't the opened cans be called "Opened"?
  • Candies (MintCandy, Lolipop, CandyPackage, Cookie Jelly, CookieChocolateChip and Candycane) are not packaged (unless we assume candies and lollipop are just thrown away without any packaging at all, since you can found them in trash, but they generally have the nutritional values written on the wrapping paper)
  • P.S. Is it good that I post the bugs here? I see there's a separate thread for Build 34 Discussion, but while this was originally reserved to posting result values, I see no appropriate bug report thread for Build 34 and Bug Tracker is temporarily disabled. Also thanks for marking one of my old bugs as solved, here are another ones to mark :)Eggs, Mayonnaise (still it have the "Empty bottle" instead of "Empty Bottle") and Ham (Dough item is still unfixed)
P.P.S. For those that used it, keep in mind that I updated the SPOILER Project Zomboid food items list with the 34.7 data.

EDIT: I also promisted the regex to match all the small leter case names, so here it is:

DisplayName\s*=\s*[^\s]* [a-z][^\n]*,
It will also match the names with "of", "for" and "with" etc, but I'm going to exclude them.

Here's the list of matches:

items.txt

• item BarbedWire: "Barbed wire"
  • item Paintbrush: "Paint brush"
  • item BucketConcreteFull: "Bucket with concrete" -> "Bucket with Concrete"
  • item BucketWaterFull: "Bucket with water" -> "Bucket with Water"
  • item Gravelbag: "Gravel bag"
  • item Dirtbag: "Dirt bag"
  • item Sandbag: "Sand bag"
newitems.txt
  • item CDplayer: "CD player"
  • item ElectronicsMag1: "Electronics magazine"
  • item ElectronicsMag2: "Electronics magazine"
  • item ElectronicsMag3: "Electronics magazine"
  • item ElectronicsMag4: "How to use Generators" -> "How to Use Generators" (I think?)
  • item ElectronicsMag5: "Electronics magazine"
  • item EngineerMagazine1: "Engineer magazine"
  • item EngineerMagazine2: "Engineer magazine"
  • item Pinecone: "Pine cone"
  • item Rainboots: "Rain boots"
  • item Cornflour: "Corn flour"
  • item Toothbrush: "Tooth brush"
  • item Toothpaste: "Tooth paste"
  • item Woodglue: "Wood glue"
  • item PanFriedVegetables: "Stir fry"
  • item TrapBox: "Trap box"
  • item Crappie: "Crappie fish" (reported above)
farming.txt
  • item MayonnaiseEmpty: "Empty bottle"
  • item MayonnaiseWaterFull: "Water bottle"
  • item RemouladeEmpty: "Empty bottle"
  • item RemouladeWaterFull: "Water bottle"
camping.txt
  • item CampfireKit: "Campfire materials"
  • item CampingTentKit: "Tent kit"
items_radio.txt
  • item ElectricWire: "Electric wire"
  • item RadioReceiver: "Radio receiver"
  • item RadioTransmitter: "Radio transmitter"
  • item ScannerModule: "Scanner module"
Edited by Faalagorn

averageCalories=-1714.4888caloriesMax=799.97174caloriesMin=-3500.0totalFedPercentage=1totalStarvingPercentage=16totalNormalHungerPercentage=83totalExoPercentage=10totalSleepPercentage=1totalNormalPercentage=96survivalTime=173.50851164475898

2016-02-16_00001.jpg

I didn't run a lot just looting some houses and slash some zombies. I ate a lot of fruits in the first days, later I created some salad with meat (cooked rat) and different veggies.

I also experienced a bug with disappearing nails and nail stuck don't exceed 99 if stored in a bar counter.

Erk, a little problem... well...

There is a big problem with the weight capacity, and that is that a lot of containers are over capacity when they spawn.

Propane Tanks weigh 20, yet they are found in metal shelves which have a maximum of 15. Usually along with other items.

If you are going to take the route in fixing that which involves simply removing the overly heavy items from the lists, just remember that metal shelves are way more common in sheds than the other spawn lists so you would be heavily changing the chances of finding these heavy things.

In fact, Propane tanks are pretty much only found in metal shelves according to the distribution file.

In my opinion, I think raising the capacity of metal shelves to 30 as opposed to 15 would be a great way to fix the issue. Being a stronger kind of shelf, they should be able to hold more than the other double shelves anyways.

Also, I've noticed that freezers are just missing completely, at least in the tall white fridges.

Nice changes, I found it amusing that opening an egg carton gave cooking XP :D

Quick question RJ, how exactly does Light Eater and Hearty Appetite interact with the new nutrition system? Is it still simply tied to hunger only, or does it also lower/increase the need for other nutrients?

I may have been having the weight issue because of light eater, causing me to not be able to eat as much due to reaching Well Fed quicker. I'll have to try a playthrough with Hearty Appetite, as this may end up being a perk in disguise.

Faalagorn: yes it's known, I said it could contains weird bug, it'll be fixed don't worry about that, nothing to do with nutrition :P

Ok, thanks for confirming :) However, I found another, more severe bug - it seems that items put in containerstend to disappear when close to it's max capacity for me. I have a 21/28 capacity in my Big Hiking Bag and everything I put there disappear without trace. It also happened with the excessive gas cans while filling them in gas station. It may be related to my character's capacity too, it's hard for me to tell why it happens exactly.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that my character have "Organized" trait (the one that increase containers capacity), that may be related.

I can put and remove eggs in carton back and forth and quickly gain cooking xp.

It should give no xp.

Egg carton doesn't have a Day Fresh and Day rotten value so eggs in the carton will never rot.

My test seems to corroborate that while eggs in inventory were rotten eggs taken out of the carton were still fresh (both samples were taken from a fridge at the same time).

EggCarton and WildEgg should both have the same Day Fresh and Day Rotten as regular eggs namely:

DaysTotallyRotten = 21,
DaysFresh = 14,

Eggs created from Egg carton should inherit the age of the age carton.
EggCarton created from Eggs should either inherit the average age of the eggs or the highest age of the eggs.

@Faalagorn: mmph weird, I didn't touched that... Can you give me the exact way to reproduce this? Does it happend every time?

On my save it happens every time I put anything in my 21 / 28 full Hiking Bag I'm wearing on back - any item that I put there disappears totally, I get no errors whatsover (although I did get errors while filling the gas cans before). I think it happened before though, as I noticed I somehow lost a pistol, but though I just accidentially left it behind. I made a save game after I realized that this happens, so it can be reproduced.

I did however changed three lines in MainCreationMethods.lua, I'll attach it too:

local handy = TraitFactory.addTrait("Handy", getText("UI_trait_handy"), 6, getText("UI_trait_handydesc"), false);	--handy:addXPBoost(Perks.BluntMaintenance, 1)	--handy:addXPBoost(Perks.BladeMaintenance, 1)	--handy:addXPBoost(Perks.Woodwork, 1)
(Disabled XP boosts and reduced its cost by 2)

I'm pretty sure it was based on the last file, but might be worth checking too. Other than that, there should be no mods installed (unless there's something from the servers I played online on 33.20, but I assume it should be totally unrelated)

Anyway, here's the save file with the file I'm using inside it: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8242751/The_First_Week_34.7_world_1%20(2016-02-16%2019%3B29).7z