RELEASED: Build 34.10 - Food Tracker Build

RobertJohnson

Why are packaged foods the only food items that have nutrition stats?

That's a feature - only packaged goods have nutrition written on it, however with a new nutritionist trait you can see the values on every item.

I can't post my nutrition stats, because my character screen isn't showing the calories, carbs, lipids, or proteins stats.

The displayed stats were removed in previous build, the only thing that's needed now is in nutritiondebug.txt file that is in your saved game location.

EDIT:

I believe that only certain items can be frozen. That might be why you were having troubles with your other items that went rotten.

There are items that have CantBeFrozen flag, but eggs and milk are the only one that are perishable, but I had issue with freezing other items - the freeze bar was simply not moving. However, I started a brand new game now as of build 34.9 and see if the bug repeats - maybe it was fixed already, or it was just a one time thing that affected my particular save - especially if others don't have that issue :) Edited by Faalagorn

To test try to use the nutrition trait so you can see every nutritions on any food, including the one you do (evolved recipes, non packaged..).

I know some items miss nutritions values i'll search or them now (couldn't find modjeska tbh.. including in walmart.. i'll ask Mash if she's sure it's sold over there..)

To test try to use the nutrition trait so you can see every nutritions on any food, including the one you do (evolved recipes, non packaged..).

I know some items miss nutritions values i'll search or them now (couldn't find modjeska tbh.. including in walmart.. i'll ask Mash if she's sure it's sold over there..)

You don't play "manage my diet" simulator in a zombie apocalypse game.

Actually managing stuff is one of my favourite things that fits in the game, along with managing psychical comfort, health, and inventory :)

Definitely a huge part of survival, which is the objective of the game. If you don't manage, you're not gonna manage!

Update 9!

• Added freezer to big fridge

The black big commercial fridge has the 50 weight fridge and 20 weight freezer, but the white variant of it still doesn't (it still has the 40 weight fridge). Both of them are the same model, just different colors.

(I also just learned that moving the commercial fridges requires a higher level of electrician than normal fridges)

I believe honey was mentioned earlier as a realistic possible foraged item, and you could lock it at one of the empty higher tiers (5, 9, and 10 currently offer nothing).

A few weeks back I was looking into high caloric foods that could be foraged, and Honey was my best bet. Its already in game, so one less problems. What I like the most of this is that it has many possibilities:

1. You should collect the honey from the hives.

2. The hives could be made physical (not something you get automatically while /foraging), and make them to appear random on the map for each game. 

3. Collecting honey should have its risks: you could get in troubles with the bees if not done properly (new equipment? using cigarretes?)

Another way to get calories from nature are birch sap or maple sirup ...

AFAIK bich sap is really low in calories... maybe its just the one you can buy and when you harvest it is different.

Marple sirup is not a bad choice, 250 cal/100g. Now we only need to find out if there are maples in the game area :)

Hi , has someone noticed a problem with snow that it only appears far away from you unless your zoom is far?

This only happens on build 34

This links goes to the image of the bug:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=633032914

Yes bro, i have the same bug is this a thing from build 34.9?

I'm having this bug since 34.5+.

Hi , has someone noticed a problem with snow that it only appears far away from you unless your zoom is far?

This only happens on build 34

This links goes to the image of the bug:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=633032914

Yup, happened here too, but I never reported it as I wasn't sure if it was tied to the nutrition build or something borked up, but seeing how everyone else have it it seems so :)

Can still see nutritional informations on lots of food without the nutritionist trait

You're supposed to be able to on anything with a label.

So like all food items inside packaging (milk, canned food, chips, peanut butter etc) should display its nutritional value even if we do not have the nutrition perk :)

This thread is specifically for balancing food items. You made an off topic post and then ranted about how people were only staying on topic. We do want help from the community, but you're not helping if you're not doing what we need. You're distracting. There's another thread for general feedback. I can understand posting in the wrong thread by accident, but please keep the attitude in check. If you have any further questions please pm me instead of further derailing the thread. Thanks.

I started a new game in 34.9 survival mode and carefully checked what I was eating with the final goal to live on farming, foraging and trapping as soon as possible. I had the same settings as in my previous 3 months 34.8 playthrough when I was loosing weight all the time.

In the first two weeks I was eating what I found in fridges (steaks, pork shop) and I created some (meat) salads out of it or ate it cooked. Electricity shut down after 2 weeks and I ate a lot of foods (including 3 boxes of icecream) that was likely to rot without cooling. The next 14 days I survived by eating chips and other high caloric non-perishable foods.

1 months stats:

Weight: 74.03 kg

Fitness level 6: 1278 xp

Strengths level 6: 3995 xp

averageCalories=3559.2986
caloriesMax=3999.978
caloriesMin=-2800.0

totalFedPercentage=3
totalStarvingPercentage=22
totalNormalHungerPercentage=75

totalExoPercentage=21
totalSleepPercentage=0
totalNormalPercentage=97

survivalTime=723.8006747395848

Then I started to survive by only using farming, foraging and trapping. And since I broke my leg I could not do much running between months 1 and 2. I stayed well fed all the time and ate at least 3 meals with about 150-180 hunger reduction in total per day (stir fry made of bird/rabbit meat and various vegetables). Additionally, I ate berries and some small salads between the large meals.

1.5 months stats:

Weight: 67.38 kg

Fitness level 6: 1774 xp

Strengths level 6: 5376 xp

averageCalories=-731.28296
caloriesMax=3999.978
caloriesMin=-2800.0

totalFedPercentage=10
totalStarvingPercentage=7
totalNormalHungerPercentage=83

totalExoPercentage=21
totalSleepPercentage=1
totalNormalPercentage=87

survivalTime=1085.6727836731006

As you can see my average calories dropped dramatically from 3559 to -731 while my percentage of beeing well fed increased and the percentage of starving was reduced. This let me assume that actually stir fries, salads and other evolved recipes made out foods that were gained by farming and trapping have no calories at all.

I continued staying well fed all the time and ate even up to 4 stear fries a day with 300 hunger reduction value in total but the average calories decreased even more:

2 months stats:

Weight: 54.21 kg

Fitness level 6: 2013 xp

Strengths level 6: 6330 xp

averageCalories=-1770.9153
caloriesMax=3999.978
caloriesMin=-2800.0

totalFedPercentage=29
totalStarvingPercentage=3
totalNormalHungerPercentage=67

totalExoPercentage=20
totalSleepPercentage=1
totalNormalPercentage=86

survivalTime=1488.7945965416438

2.5months stats:

Weight: 44.97 kg

Fitness level 6: 2146 xp

Strengths level 6: 6587 xp

averageCalories=-2602.2888
caloriesMax=3999.978
caloriesMin=-2800.0

totalFedPercentage=46
totalStarvingPercentage=0
totalNormalHungerPercentage=54

totalExoPercentage=11
totalSleepPercentage=1
totalNormalPercentage=90

survivalTime=1777.67467590273

I'm at month 3 now. My weight is only 35 kg and I'm starting to lose health. I'm afraid I am doomed to starve well fed.

In summary: I am not sure how many stir fries I need to eat per day to prevent weight loss. But even when I ate 4 fries a day calories dropped and I couldn't eat more cause I was well fed. So I assume there are most likely bugs in the nutrition values of evolved recipes made out of vegetables you growed yourself.

Hm... somebody just delete my post ? No answer, no explanations.. Nice work ! I see you really need help from community (sarcasm)

As Rathlord said.

And I did it, I thought you could see the reason why I hidden your post... But yeah, keep on the subject please.

Fine, thank for responding. I'm sorry, I'll be more attentive in future.