RELEASED: Build 34.10 - Food Tracker Build

RobertJohnson

Ok little update, 15 days in game and my current weight 107 kg, since i cant find any sledgehammer in wp, i will do a trip to md.

Maybe this will help to lose some kg, will upload new screenshots when iam back.

Edit:

Well i just figured out iam unable to run, i guess iam to fat, lol, ok then i will stay home and do more farming....

Weird, getting some fps drop now :/

Does eating a big steak improve it?

it seems like indeed but i had to try an other circunstances (in sandbox and no zombis; i couldn't find any in my survival game^^ ) so i don't want to say something wrong, what i'm sure about is that it comes from the update 4

Seems like i found a bug, i moved one frige to my new home and created some salads and put them into the fridge, next time i when i was hungry all my salads disappeared.

BTW even when iam hungry im not losing kg, instead i gain kg, there is nothing i can do, i just eat fruits and veggy and i try to eat only a small amount but i get more fat every day...

Update 3!

• Added freezer (icons are placeholder! Mash will do way better than me :D)
    • Every fridge (will be changed) have now a freezer, possibly with some food in them (if so, I lowered a tad the food spawn in fridge)
    • Place food (not everything can be freezed!) in freezer and wait a bunch of time (check the item details to see the progression) and it'll be freezed!
    • Frozen items have way more time before getting rotten (about 50 times more), but you'll need power to have the freezer on :)
    • To unfroze an item, just take it in your inventory or put it in the oven for some time (item first unfroze THEN start to heat for cooking)

I've got a weird problem with the freezer - last night I burnt it accidentally and I thought its contents were gone for good, but when I destroyed its remnants I got a pile of stuff from the freezer.

Just a suggestion. When a character uses the Obese trait the trait should disappear when they reach standard weight.

PS - On a side note what's up with characters with Obese not able to run at all? I know they can't move as fast or run as long. How about halving movement and duration at maximum speed for characters with Obese?

Since we have the fitness profession and the current build, we need a some kind of fitnes tools.

Its really annoying to be a 100kg man that cant do anything beside eating, crafting and farming, hell i cant even run away from the zeds and when i chop down 4 trees iam out of my limit.

At least due my veggy diet i stay at exact 110 kg, and thats on day 20, its not funny to play this kind of game, but i try and to my best to motivate myself, i should reach the 3 month mark, but i will need one week or so.

BTW how long is the normal time until the food will freeze, i have now meat since days in my freezer and nothing happends?

Some updates Iam still fat, there is nothing i can do to lower it, i try to run, kill zeds chop down trees aso, last night i went to sleep hungry and well i lost 113 gramm (so yes iam able to lower it lol) , but when i woke up my endurance wasnt on a reset,http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/311115898930422950/808C2F1DDAC8D394A1B6828728D8C00A0C5F4A35/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Thinos/screenshot/311115898930422950

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Thinos/screenshot/311115898929036690

I will do some more testing tomorrow, if you need any more deatails aso, just let me know ;=)

It's weird Gilga, you're almost the only one having this kind of problem... I wonder what you eat tbh :D

I'm balancing it again to see how it goes, but bear in mind i can't just make gaining weight slower 'cause then skinny people will have hard time..

I'm experimenting some numbers, doing some delta/exponential to see if it helps, but I'm quite interested to see what you ate :D

Note on freezing time:

I really like that food will conserve a lot longer once frozen.

I will delve into the code later, but I left some Frozen Pie and Frozen Pizza in the Oven, turned on, for over 24 hours, barely made a dent in the freezing time.

I think unfreezing at normal temperature should be extremely and slowly then reality (for gameplay balance), but in the oven and campfire should be really quick (again for gameplay purposes).

Interesting as soon as I exited and reloaded the game the frozen was gone.

Here are my stats for 2 days:

averageCalories=243.49654
caloriesMax=2666.2734
caloriesMin=-853.97217

totalFedPercentage=1
totalStarvingPercentage=9
totalNormalHungerPercentage=90

totalExoPercentage=12
totalSleepPercentage=1
totalNormalPercentage=89

survivalTime=57.21842264366569

I focused on exercise and little eating the first day and had weight loss.

I focused on sleeping and eating like a pig the next day and had weight gain.

Interesting as soon as I exited and reloaded the game the frozen was gone.

Also after eating some stir fry well well fed the game was no longer preventing me from eating.

I was Very Well Fed at Max calories and just kept eating and eating (Peanut Butter, Followed by Pasta, Followed by all the food I had on me):

averageCalories=3584.1948
caloriesMax=3999.9731
caloriesMin=-853.97217

totalFedPercentage=74
totalStarvingPercentage=0
totalNormalHungerPercentage=26

totalExoPercentage=22
totalSleepPercentage=0
totalNormalPercentage=80

survivalTime=63.58529875197564

Mmm So I have 2 watermelons who became rotten while in the fridge (They were fresh when I put them there and electricity is still on).

They are rotten (stats and icon wise) but still shows as being Fresh (name wise):

Here's a screenshot:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=621420418

Also having a problem with that Pie and Pizza no longer wanting to be Frozen (over 1 day in Freezer).

I will try to focus on weight loss from Obesity next to see how it goes.

Random Crash not sure what cause it but here is the console!

java.lang.NullPointerException

at zombie.inventory.types.Food.update(Food.java:245)
at zombie.iso.IsoCell.ProcessItems(IsoCell.java:1287)
at zombie.iso.IsoCell.update(IsoCell.java:5167)
at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.update(IsoWorld.java:2502)
at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.update(IngameState.java:1257)
at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.update(GameStateMachine.java:101)
at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:619)
at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1175)
at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:974)
at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:173)
reanimate: saved 0 zombies
STATE: exit zombie.gameStates.IngameState

Another Random Crash! Was moving food around, not sure if that helps but here is the console again!

java.lang.NullPointerException

at zombie.inventory.types.Food.update(Food.java:245)
at zombie.iso.IsoCell.ProcessItems(IsoCell.java:1287)
at zombie.iso.IsoCell.update(IsoCell.java:5167)
at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.update(IsoWorld.java:2502)
at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.update(IngameState.java:1257)
at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.update(GameStateMachine.java:101)
at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:619)
at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1175)
at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:974)
at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:173)
reanimate: saved 0 zombies

To answer the question what i eat so far.

*Steaks, Fish, Egg, Butter mixed with honey in a pan (4-5 complete meals in the first week) when i was hungry i eat the whole meal each time.

*Chips, Canned Food during the first 14 days (i think i eat 8-10 complete packs of chips)

*Tasty soup with veggy and meat (i always eat the whole meal when i was hungry)

*Some veggy salads

*Some peanut sw

*Some coffes

After day 14 i stopped to eat meat at all, no chips just veggy food, but the hungry trait force me to eat alot, so my weight didnt dropped.

"Hey yo, dead-man. We gunna rumble or what?" -Karl

'Fishing is Stupid. The Karl Story.'

Construction worker.

-'s : Out of Shape, Overweight, Slow Healer, Hemophobic, Weak Stomach, Slow Reader.

+'s : Graceful, Inconspicuous, Light Eater, Hiker, Stout.

F = Fresh

C = Cooked

U = Uncooked

P = Peckish

H = Hungry

Z = Zombies Killed

Starting Weight: 95kg ( Some of us were unlucky enough to be raised by the American public education system. Option for Lb's please? )

Day 1, 95kg) 13:20, P/ate F Strawberry [-5]. 16:10, P/ate F Pie [-30]. 22:10 p/ate Chips [-15].

Z) 25

Day 2, 95kg) 11:40 P/ate F Orange [-15]. 21:20 H/ate F Cherry [-3]

Z) 18

Day 3, 94.83kg) Made Soup| FC Fish [-15] FU Porkchop [-15] F Cabbage [-15] F Bell Pepper [-7]   x2 bowls

06:10 H/ate Bowl of Soup [-34]. 13:20 H/ate Bowl of Soup [-34]. 19:40 P/ate F Lemon [-12]

Z) 43

Day 4, 94.12kg) Made Stew| FC Fish [-12] FU Pork [-15] F Cabbage [-15] F Onion [-10]   x4 bowls

09:30 P/ate Chips [-15]. 12:40 P/ate Bowl of Stew [-16]. 18:40 P/ate F Orange [-15]

Z) 23

Day 5, 93.18kg) 10:20 P/ate Bowl of Stew [-16]. 13:10 P/ate Bowl of Stew [-16]. 18:20 P/ate Bowl of Stew [-16].

Z) 14

Day 6, 92.28kg) Made Stirfry| FC Salmon [-15] UC Ramen [-10] F Cabbage [-7] F Carrot [-7]  Cooked [-54]

09:40 H/ate 1/2 Stirfry [-27].

Z) 14

Day 7, 91.93kg) 06:50 H/ate 1/2 Stirfry [-27]. 13:50 F Burger [-25]. 20:10 P/ate F Strawberry [-5] F Radish [-3] F Orange [-12]

Z) 5

Weekly Health Evaluation

Weight/Loss: 90.52kg, -4.48kg

Fitness Gains: 602/9,000

Strength Gains: 1,109/90,000

Cardio: Minimal

Please Stand By

hqdefault.jpg

Perfect feedback! :D

So you're about to lower your weight, it takes some times but finally you had +6 points to spend on your character!

I did lot of new math/calcul today to balance the system, gonna provide new version tomorrow, should be bit easier, or at least less hard to keep a good diet :P

Roger that. Significant enough to require a restart or should I just keep Karl in the stable until the patch drops tomorrow?

I really liked the format Zombadger used.

Night Security.

-'s : Out of Shape, Overweight, High Thirst, Hemophobic, Restless Sleeper, Slow Reader.

+'s : Night Owl, Wakeful, Fast Learner, Thick Skin, Stout.

F = Fresh

C = Cooked

U = Uncooked

Starting Weight: 95 

Day 1, 11 AM C F Breakfast:  Egg Stir Fry. 18 PM C F Lunch: Pot of Soup  22 PM U Dinner: Ice Cream

Day 2, 6 AM U Breakfast: Ice Cream (Intentional "Starvation" Test, determining when I begin to "starve") 

Day 3, Nothing, began to grow carrots outdoors to kill time. Slept for the first time since start. 3 AM to 14 PM (Very Hungry)15 PM Slept again to 23:30 PM

Day 4,  0:00 AM Now Starving with health loss. 4 AM Death.

Weekly Health Evaluation

Weight/Loss: 95.2kg +.2, 

Fitness Gains: 238/9,000

Strength Gains: 525/90,000

Cardio: Aggressively attacking zombies. 46 Dead.

2 Days, 19 hours TST

Tried the test build, noticed it was a lot easier for my non-athletic character to finish zombies (1 or 2 stomps on the ground) than my athletic high-stats character on build 33. Not sure if thats intentional or a bug.

Got a random crash while running around exploring.

The description for the "fit" trait is unfinished in the character creation menu (fit_trait_desc or something like that).

Other than that I love the food items, I'm not sure if Honey is meant to display nutritional values as the icon shows it's not in a jar or something (could be a misread on my part). 

I also think that people with the runner trait should have some kind of boost to fitness, as that is one of the big benefits to running.

I've only played for one whole ingame day so I can't wait to see what else I can discover. Awesome job and I can't wait for this to be complete.

Game Settings: Survival - Hardcore

UPDATE 1 - Day 2 Hour 9

The first couple days where spent making soup from vegetables and raw chicken & Eating various snacks. Little time spent exercising mostly luring zombies away from safe house.

Meals

2 Pots of Chicken & Vegetable Soup

Snacks

3 Bags of Chips, 3 Cherry, 2 Apples

Emergency Food(rations I needed to eat and had no other option)

2 Cabbage, 1 Zuccini

Screenshot1: 

uRaxIyX.jpg

nutritiondebug

averageCalories=-434.99408

caloriesMax=1937.4883

caloriesMin=-1574.2123

totalFedPercentage=15

totalStarvingPercentage=4

totalNormalHungerPercentage=81

totalExoPercentage=7

totalSleepPercentage=0

totalNormalPercentage=99

survivalTime=57.68242864124477

Update 2 - Day 7 Hour 8

Snacking on Fruits that wont work into meals for a couple days collecting wood logs for log walls to fortify the safehouse.

Leveling Carpentry for Water Barrels is top priority so days to come will be spent clear cutting the woods near Base.

Snacks

4 Apples, 2 Peaches, 4 Oranges, 2 Pineapple, 3 Watermelon

Meals

1 Spiced Chicken Tomato & Cheese Soup, 1 Spiced Porkchop Onion & Leek Soup

Screenshot2: 

FW0BnMu.jpg

nutritiondebug

averageCalories=-1937.1725

caloriesMax=1937.4883

caloriesMin=-3500.0

totalFedPercentage=8

totalStarvingPercentage=14

totalNormalHungerPercentage=78

totalExoPercentage=8

totalSleepPercentage=0

totalNormalPercentage=100

survivalTime=176.33152254190645

Update 5!

• Added new foods item
  • Pasta/Rice now need to be done in a saucepan with water and not a pot of water
  • Now if you're under weight your calories will decrease slower, if you're overweight it'll decrease faster, should help some problems..
  • Various balance in nutrition calculation.
  • You can now run while being Obese (small speed, and only walk if Obese + Unfit..)
  • You gain strength exp points faster if you have a good proteins balance.
  • Save/load frozen state on Food
  • Frozen state now decrease faster (specially in oven)
  • Updated icons (freezer + traits)
  • Evolved items made of canned food now have a correct name
  • You can now clean blood with a Mop (<3 Kiwion)
  • Lowered numbers of berries given by foraging
  • Foraging now gives bit more exp.
  • You can't choose unfit AND out of shape (mutual exclusive)
  • Added DayFresh option on Ham

Thanks a lot everyone for testing, hopefully this should be a bit easier to stabilise your weight, but again, if you're doing mistake you'll have to balance your weight then :)