Not being able to able to run latest Zomboid on Linux 64 bit

gfurst

Question

Hello there folks, I am able to play the release version 10 of Zomboid. But the latest 16 from the forum and the 17 Steam fails...

Firstly with the forum version, it fails to even open as mentioned and solved in this post. Thanks to snipertyler.

The answer is a wrong liblwjgl.so file, and this code solves it...

pzfldr="/PATH/TO/projectzomboid/"; if [ ! -f ~/Downloads/lwjgl.zip ]; then (cd ~/Downloads; wget 'http://sourceforge.net/projects/java-game-lib/files/latest/download?source=files' -O lwjgl.zip); fi && (cd "$pzfldr" && unzip -j "/home/$USER/Downloads/lwjgl.zip" lwjgl-2.9.0/native/linux/liblwjgl64.so lwjgl-2.9.0/native/linux/liblwjgl.so)

Secondly, the game will close due to multi thread proccessing as mentioned in this post. This one, however, is solved but not implemented, thanks to Eggplanticus.

It can possible be solved in v17.

And thirdly, after the wonderful news about PZ being already available on Steam. I cannot get it to run due to Steam being 32bit, and my system 64bit.

Steam does run, my system is multiarch enable with working i386 and amd archs.

Howver trying to install the needed 'openjdk-7-jre:i386' will inevitably uninstall the 64 bit JRE and with it a bunch of essential system packages.

So here a few obstacles in my way of playing the latest Project Zomboid.

Any suggestions how to workaround this? Specially getting the Steam PZ to work on linux, as I most likely will do it too on another computer.

I am aware that with the solutions mentioned for forum release, its only a matter of time before a working version is around again.

Out of curiosity, my OS is Debian Wheezy.

3 answers to this question

Okay, finally got the Zomboid in steam to work.

With the 32 bit java workaround, and copied the other missing libraries. Starting zomboid through steam now works.

There is one issue though, the game seems unbearably slow.

Its like from start, every mouse click takes ages, and I have to hold for it to take effect.

I didn't see any reports of this.

Steam also offers two game options, regular play and compatibility mode. What's the difference here?