Journal of Joe Dead - Final Part

July 19th Evening:

I slept longer than I expected.  I'm still tired.  Why bother going out I'm going to die anyway?

I need to fight this depression.  I need one of those pills.

Decisions, decisions.   Farm or Cabin.  Neither.  I've decided to try and go help the Civilian Radio in the Warehouse out of town.  Their generator was running low.

Maybe if I can bring a can of gas from Gas to Go I can get the generator back online and try to get Survivor to join me.  I will have to figure out what to drop once I get the gas.

One thing at a time.  One thing at a time.

Now to kick me out of bed, well chair really and do something with myself.

July 20th Morning:

Trying to see what is on the news.   Just getting had so far.  The world is going to shit and they are still trying to sell us some crap.

Wok and Roll!  Wok and Roll!   I love that jingle. Only made it to the restaurant.   Found a lot of food still left in the fridge and a lot of can food as well.   

This should keep me going for a week.

I also found a gas can in the dumpster which will be great to grab so gas from Gas 2 Go.

I had to drop my extra bat to carry all the food.

Hope I won't live, or rather die, to regret it.

I will just take a quick nap and then go.   Don't know why I always so tired. July 20th Evening:

Only dead air on the radio.

I managed to reach Gas 2 Go.

I'm now somehow carrying 4 gas can.  If the radio station and generator are still operational that should keep them going for another week or so.

Hope I'm not doing this for nothing.

Well, there was plenty of soda and chips at the Gas 2 Go so not all of a waste. 

July 21st, Morning:

My back is fucking killing me.   

I finally made it outside the warehouse.  

It's painted Alive Inside on the side of one wall.   

This might be some great news.   

Hopefully, my gas will buy some goodwill.

Just going to catch my breath for a few minutes then I am going in.  Just in case, they don't like me and I have to get out of Dodge.

July 21st midday:

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!  They are all dead.   

Blood was everywhere, fresh blood.   

I should have rested more.  I got surprised by one of them.  It fucking scratches my right forearm.

I'm probably done for.   

Fuck, Fuck.  Should have gone to the farm.

This is what I get for trying to be a  fucking hero.

I guess that's one of the rules you need to learn to survive this fucking Apocalypse:

Rule #1 - Don't be a fucking hero!!!

I need to sleep.

Middle of the Night.  

Don't know what fucking day it is.  I've been barfing all night.   I'm probably not going to make it.

This is Game Over man.  Game Over.   

I should have picked that Shotgun, I could put me out of my misery.

What time is it now?

What's the point of still writing?

I feel worse, I'm so cold.  So cold.  

Later, What Day are We?  Evening.

I'm feeling a bit better.  The fever and nausea have dropped.    Will I make it?  Or is this the final surge of energy before I die.

July ??,  early morning.

I edgy has shit.  I feel better but when will I become one of those things?

When?  

I'm a nervous wreck.  I

stink, I'm covered in puke and piss.   

I need a shower.

Not that's where they were, that's where they scratched me.

I need to leave this place. 

July ??, Evening.

There is a warehouse I am trying to break in.  The baseball bat doesn't work.  I am not strong enough.  I will give it one more go then I will have to admit defeat.

July ?? + 1, Middle of the Night.

I've decided the burn the fucking place down.

I've put the 4 gas canister near the microwave and will get a fire going with popcorn and a metal cooking pot.    Nobody else with getting caught here.

Shit, Shit, Shit!   Are you fucking kidding me?   

The Power is out.  

I hope it's just the line nearby.

I need to go back to the Police Station to see if it is just this area or the entire town.

Guess I won't be burning this place after all.

July ?? + 1,  Afternoon.

I saw two helicopters fly by.  Too bad I wasn't able to start that fire, maybe it would have attracted them there.

Not sure if they would have shot me, help me or just ignore me.

Of course, with that scratch, I think they would not take any chances with me.

Better get out of here before the Zombies shows up. 

July ?? +1, later afternoon.

They actually spotted me.   They are following me.   What the Fuck do they want?   To see my die?    

Am I some sort of Lab Rat to them?   They are going to get me killed. It's over, I was too tired, made a wrong turn and never saw them coming.

July ?? + 2, early morning.

They were right on top of me, coming in front of me and I still didn't see them.  

I was so freaked out by the helicopter I didn't realize I took a wrong turn.

The Police Station was so far.  I was so tired.

I was dreaming of being surrounded by friends, they were coming toward me to give me a hug.  Then one of them bit in the left forearm.

I most have been dosing off, sleep walking.

I'll be dead soon.  

The bite in my left forearm is turning a weird gray.  

The scratches on my right forearm and my head are hurting like hell.

Soon I will be one of them.   

I hope I will truly be dead and not stuck in there with it. 

If you read this remember two rules:

1- Don't be a hero.

2-Don't travel while you're exhausted.

Hope you have better luck than I did.      

Hope you had fun reading it.   Not the best way to survive for a full year but I had more fun than a lot of my other playthrough.

Building the story definitely adds to the game.    It becomes more about the story of surviving and less about surviving.

Anyway, I will have to start a new one and see if I can survive a full year.

So I am considering two different characters for my next story survival attempt:

Pippo the Pothead:

Farmer (weed growing), Lucky (hasn't been busted yet), Gardener (grows the best shit man), Herbalist (knows all the different variant), Slow Learner (stonehead), Sleepyhead ( stonehead), Hearty Appetite (higher appetite from smoking). 

Special Rules: must smoke a cigarette before he is allowed to sleep.   

Naaman the Nomad:

Physical Trainer, can't sleep more than once in a building.   Starts in Wes Point, Trying to see if his two sisters in Muldraugh and his Girlfriend who lives by the Mall are still alive.   Since the Knox Event started he's started to feel the walls closing in on him.  He only feels comfortable outside and doesn't like getting back even in his own home.

Special Rules: can't sleep in the same building twice.   Can never sleep in a tent (although it is in the outdoor it is just too small inside).  Can sleep on bench and chair outside at the same location but only if near an existing house.  Doesn't feel comfortable sleeping in the middle of the wild.

I will check back within 24 hours if there is any preference expressed by the community.

In the meanwhile, I will start and play a bit with both and continue with my preferred one if there is no preference expressed.

Archived