The Breach

Strats

Since this is a thread about playthrough stories, I thought that this would be relevant here. About two weeks before my character's demise, I was at the six month mark and had move most of my supplies to the railyard(http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.46936945437569594,0.24290628186431884,8.916100448255998). My base was set up in the bottom corner office, and things were going well. Most of my time was spent moving gasoline to the place. Anyway, one of the big things I had done with the railyard was wall off most of the area with log walls in order to prevent zombie respawn. This had taken my character a good 2.5 weeks with rope. I was patrolling the fence in order to level up sprinting when I saw a horde of about 50 zombies massed up at the north wall, having been attracted by some gunshots I had heard over the past week. There were too many to just ignore, so I went to my base, grabbed my shotgun and six boxes of shells, and headed to the wall to cull the herd through the chain fence.

By the time I returned, they were pouring in, forcing me to begin shooting. I burned through shells as the zombies were mowed down, but the gunfire drew more out of the woods like a really long conga line. I was tempted to use a molotov, but I worried that the use of fire would burn down my unbreakable chain fence, forcing me to replace it with relatively week log walls. Thus, I was restricted to gun fire alone. The collective moan of the hoard, well over 350 at its peak, was deafening, and my character's mass panic rendered Beta Blockers almost useless. Crawlers almost clawed my ankles several times!

However, I soon developed a strategy of guiding the beasts around the office building in the top left north corner of the railyard. A day after I started, the horde was no more, and I was victorious with a bounty of zombie loot and Aiming Level 3. 

post-24914-0-80395600-1454288766_thumb.j

Archived