PZ Mapping Question.

MisterLock

So, I got a save in which I survived for 3 month's.

I really think that adding some more map's (Like Bedford/Drayton/New Denver) will really add to the feel, making me want to leave my now very secure base.

My question is ... Will the maps still load with a started save file?

Also, do they have a fixed position, or do I have to set they're coordinates manually?

The maps have a fixed position on the main map. I'm not sure but I don't think you can load them into a save you already have or if so I don't know how to do it. But honestly I mean, unless you're totally bored, I say add mods to do more stuff over more places since getting anywhere at this point is more of a chore than it is fun (unless you're on MP then it's tolerable at least). 

Also I'm not sure again since maybe the maps were updated but I felt as though they had a lot of game breaking bugs dealing with some places not having windows/floors/ and having doorways blocked by objects. 

The maps have a fixed position on the main map. I'm not sure but I don't think you can load them into a save you already have or if so I don't know how to do it. But honestly I mean, unless you're totally bored, I say add mods to do more stuff over more places since getting anywhere at this point is more of a chore than it is fun (unless you're on MP then it's tolerable at least). 

Also I'm not sure again since maybe the maps were updated but I felt as though they had a lot of game breaking bugs dealing with some places not having windows/floors/ and having doorways blocked by objects. 

First of all, congratulations on your 3 months of survival! Second, I don't know the answer to your first question but mapmakers can create their maps to be standalone or to have a set of coordinates on the current map, allowing them to either be alone or stand with the vanilla and other maps seamlessly.