United States Military Pack (Build 41)

W.Williams

22 minutes ago, francogp said:

It seems that you know what to do. Why don't you try that modifications? if they work, share it with us! (as I did on the latest patch for this mod)

I'll give it another go and see what I can do.

On 7/29/2016 at 4:43 PM, francogp said:

108600_screenshots_20160730214059_1.jpg

Okay so I got a basic version working.  turns out you don't need the mod id just the item id

Here is the snippet of code.

ISQuickAccessContainers.lua start line 65

if item:getCategory() == "Container" and getSpecificPlayer(self.player):isEquipped(item) or item:getType() == "KeyRing" 
    or item:getType() == "Pouch" or item:getType() == "Holster" or item:getType() == "KnifeCase" or item:getType() == "FirstAidKit" 
    or item:getType() == "TacticalCase" or item:getType() == "ExtraBag" or item:getType() == "TacticalBelt" or item:getType() == "BananaBag" 
    or item:getType() == "TacticalBeltHol" or item:getType() == "TacticalBeltKni" or item:getType() == "TacticalBeltHolKni" 
    or item:getType() == "TacticalBeltKniKni" or item:getType() == "TacticalBeltHolHol" or item:getType() == "LegHolsterUCP" 
    or item:getType() == "LegHolsterMulticam" or item:getType() == "KnifeHolsterMulticam" or item:getType() == "KnifeHolsterUCP" 
    or item:getType() == "IOTVUCP" or item:getType() == "IOTVMulticam" or item:getType() == "PlateCarrierUCP" 
    or item:getType() == "PlateCarrierMulticam" or item:getType() == "DumpPouchUCP" or item:getType() == "DumpPouchMulticam" then

I would like to look at making it easier to import items into a bag patch. So that anyone who wants to add bags from their mod to this list just has to use a short code to import it into a table kind of like how necroforge does it. I however have no idea how to do that at the moment. I will, however, look into it.

I would also like to make it so that the patch will try to load last because right now you have to make sure it loads after the other bag mods manually.

Edited by Leond
Made code snippet more readable

3 hours ago, Leond said:

Of course that will work like that, but the problem is that you MUST use all those other mods you just write to work. That fix is not compatible with all mods in a generic way. That only adds compatibility for your specific mod combined with this. If I don't use your mod, this mod will not work at all.
The only way to support multiple containers, is that the DEVS add some function to register containers, without the need to override that core function, like we are doing right now. Other solution is that ALL mods use an intermediate API that allow us to register containers in a generic way.

• 4 months later...

Not sure if it's just the recent update that did it since I play *very* sporadically -- Ie. the last time I fired this game up was last February-- but loading this mod causes freezers to poof.   Similarly weight reduction for the IOTV and the like doesn't seem to work.

11 hours ago, Paul Redeker said:

That's all been problems for awhile with the mod. 

*shrug* Like I said, the last time I dabbled was almost a year ago.   The WR not working doesn't particularly bother me since I'm running ALICE packs.  The missing freezers on the other hand do bug me.  I'm half tempted to chopshop the mod down to just the camelbaks (since those are really the only feature I find particularly useful ATM)  and see if that fixes it.  Mildly curious if the mod author ever figured out what was wrong or if he's just abandoned things altogether.

Edited by Storm6436
Clarification

Granted, my coding experience is with C++ and not something I've done professionally -- I did computer security, so being able to read code was useful -- but with a little digging around:

1. Stuff like the IOTV *does* do WR if equipped in primary/secondary.    Which says to me that whatever function handles the WR, it's depending on equip status being true or something like that... so unless you override or alter that function we're probably not getting around that directly...

2. However I noticed all of the containers in the itemlist for the ALICE packs have "CanBeEquipped=Back,"  Are there other valid strings other than "Back" ?   I mean, if you could equip the IOTV like a shirt, then wouldn't that satisfy the must be equipped flag for WR?   Or is there something in the handling of clothing items that prevents them from being containers?

3. Mucking about in the quickaccesscontiners LUA and reading this thread, I can't help but wonder if the missing freezer bit is because he's overriding the container LUA and is missing an item.getitemtype line for freezers?

That said, that's about as far as my experience and motivation has taken me so far.  Curious if I might be pointed in the right direction.  Sadly, the massive Class index I found for modding doesn't give valid inputs for things like CanBeEquipped.

Edited by Storm6436
Correcting reference to text file

On 23/12/2016 at 6:48 AM, Storm6436 said:

Granted, my coding experience is with C++ and not something I've done professionally -- I did computer security, so being able to read code was useful -- but with a little digging around:

1. Stuff like the IOTV *does* do WR if equipped in primary/secondary.    Which says to me that whatever function handles the WR, it's depending on equip status being true or something like that... so unless you override or alter that function we're probably not getting around that directly...

2. However I noticed all of the containers in the itemlist for the ALICE packs have "CanBeEquipped=Back,"  Are there other valid strings other than "Back" ?   I mean, if you could equip the IOTV like a shirt, then wouldn't that satisfy the must be equipped flag for WR?   Or is there something in the handling of clothing items that prevents them from being containers?

3. Mucking about in the quickaccesscontiners LUA and reading this thread, I can't help but wonder if the missing freezer bit is because he's overriding the container LUA and is missing an item.getitemtype line for freezers?

That said, that's about as far as my experience and motivation has taken me so far.  Curious if I might be pointed in the right direction.  Sadly, the massive Class index I found for modding doesn't give valid inputs for things like CanBeEquipped.

Hi Storm6436, you're right !

1. I've to overide the equip function otherwise WR will not be use in the weight algorithm.

2. Sorry, it was my first idea to put object on the character but "back" is the only string available, maybe other variable will be add in future, i hope so...

3. I've tried today and i think the problem was solved with updates, no problem to acess to fridge. If you still have the problem tell me.

Thank you for your interest !

Edited by W.Williams

Yeah, I've had some weird issues with freezers lately for some reason.  Filed a bug report for vanilla when I had stuff in my freezer go from Fresh-Frozen to Rotten if I used the context menu to make food with it.  Spent a few hours trimming out mods until I got down to stock and it was still doing it.  Fired it up the next day to verify I was going to send them the right save... and it magically stopped.   I'm about -><- this close to wiping my install and starting fresh just in case it's something in my install going wonky.  

• 3 months later...
On 27/04/2017 at 4:33 AM, Ceadda said:

Bug report. When I load this Mod I am unable to see freezers. I can see the fridge half just not the freezer. 

I am using the newest IWBUMS

Great mod idea, looking forward to using it.

Now I know why I haven't been able to see the freezers in fridges ,I uninstalled the mod and yep freezers were showing up - it's a pity because I use this mod all the time.

I tested it both with IWBUMS and the latest release version with the same effect.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, I really like your mod and I see that i'm not the only one ^^

And, just for you to know, DJ Crash (a russian modder I see publish things on steam) looks to have made 3D custom model for some of your clothes, at least your mod is listed in his modpack "BOTE Pack" (the only one with clohtes) and he looks to have custom models for some clothes (look at this screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/L1FCXdY )

So I was wondering if maybe you could ask him for using his models and maybe update your mod for having custom clothes show up on player (and maybe Zeds, but one thing after the other ^^)

the only little thing a it tricky ^^ is that he russian and speak english as well as I speak russian, so that's not gonna be very easy to understand each other ;)

But it could finish your mod well

• 1 month later...
  • W.Williams changed the title to United States Military Pack (Build 41)