United States Military Pack (Build 41)

W.Williams

So......eh........will these new gears has their correct models, or you will still using the originated models?

What will the helmets do? 

And, is there a limit on the types of  items can be contained in the pistol holsters?

No there are no limits on the types, because it exists several holster with/without pouch, etc... so currently I don't created limits, may be later if the community thinks it's better.

But it may look weird of putting a burger into a pistol holster. And it may unnecessarily reduce the difficulty of PZ, as these holsters or chest rigs may dramatically increase players' weight load limit. (tophat)

But it may look weird of putting a burger into a pistol holster. And it may unnecessarily reduce the difficulty of PZ, as these holsters or chest rigs may dramatically increase players' weight load limit.  (tophat)

Yes I will make a limitation items for holster [leg and knife] because they just carry weapon but I don't change plate carrier or dump pouch because they are container in the real life, into your plate carrier you can stock things into your molle pouch.

But it may look weird of putting a burger into a pistol holster. And it may unnecessarily reduce the difficulty of PZ, as these holsters or chest rigs may dramatically increase players' weight load limit.  (tophat)

Yes I will make a limitation items for holster [leg and knife] because they just carry weapon but I don't change plate carrier or dump pouch because they are container in the real life, into your plate carrier you can stock things into your molle pouch.

:evil: Having limitation on holsters sounds fine to me.

Hi bro!

After the last update the mod dont work for me....im use no steam version 33.20!!!

do u know why now dont work anymore?

Hi bro!

After the last update the mod dont work for me....im use no steam version 33.20!!!

The mod still works, you just need to update your inventory by throwing an object on the ground and pick it back.

Hi bro!

The mod still works, you just need to update your inventory by throwing an object on the ground and pick it back.

what did u mean for drop an item for update my inventory?

the problem is i cant find any cloth of your mod when im loot around how i can fix pls?

i put yout mod to zomboid/mod and i put the ID=USMilitaryGear in servertest/mods pls help me >.<

Oh I see, it's not a mod problem it's a server problem...

Follow this link above to resolve the problem :

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/16263-host-a-server-using-workshop-mods/

And into your server.ini, complete this line :

Mods=USMilitaryGear
WorkshopItems=612100872

Well ty i will try tomorrow!!!

So let me understand im using no steam version and i put your mod in zomboid/mod then go to servertest/mod and put the id USMilitaryGear

and also on servertest/workshop i need to put that id 612100872=?

if im understand good why for your mod i need to put double id?

Every time I start the game, the containers list get wrong locations:

screenshot_10-02-2016_02-14-42.png

I use modloader and hydrocraft in my mods, and this error appear only when I activate your mod

NOTE: to "fix" the visual problem, I have to remove and equip a backpack. But now my game crash randomly...

Edited by francogp

I use modloader and hydrocraft in my mods, and this error appear only when I activate your mod

NOTE: to "fix" the visual problem, I have to remove and equip a backpack. But now my game crash randomly...

u tryed to reinstall all from zero? usualy it help!

and u tryed without modloader? because i never got any problem with US ARMY mod

u tryed to reinstall all from zero? usualy it help!

and u tryed without modloader? because i never got any problem with US ARMY mod

Yes, I tried reinstallig. You should try to add compatibility with other mayor mods (modloader + 

ORMtnMan's Real Guns http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/11164-ormtnmans-real-guns-mod-1242-3230/, hydrocraft http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/11557-hydrocraft-mod/, etc are the biggest mods out there so...)

Edited by francogp

1) Question: Why it's so easy to find your items? in 4 minutes I found a military backpack and knife holster... 
The items are VERY good items, and should be VERY RARE (may I suggest a 0.05 in the chance var instead of 0.1?).

2) BUG?: Why I can't see containers on the floor, and use their items inside while using the mod?

CORRECT (WITHOUT THE MOD)
screenshot_12-02-2016_00-51-16.png

INCORRECT (WITH THE MOD)

screenshot_12-02-2016_00-50-19.png

NOTE: I'm using modloader + ORMtnMan's Real Guns and hydrocraf, just in case

FIX: You deleted a LOT of the original code, I restore that and the mod works now fine. I will test it a bit more and post here the solution.

Edited by francogp

1) Question: Why it's so easy to find your items? in 4 minutes I found a military backpack and knife holster... 

The items are VERY good items, and should be VERY RARE (may I suggest a 0.05 in the chance var instead of 0.1?).

2) BUG?: Why I can't see containers on the floor, and use their items inside while using the mod?

NOTE: I'm using modloader + ORMtnMan's Real Guns and hydrocraf, just in case

FIX: You deleted a LOT of the original code, I restore that and the mod works now fine. I will test it a bit more and post here the solution.

1) I'm still update the mod with your advice, and yes, i will change the loot rarety after one week of test, items are too common so I will put them to 0.05 ;)

2) I've used an old version to create my mod, just before the bag + floor update so thank you, i will credits you :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/2/2016 at 4:50 PM, W.Williams said:

[V1.3]

- Fix bags openning on the floor
- Decrease drastically the loot availabillity on zombies
- Add Spanish and French traduction 

according to a lot of threads that I read about the loot spawn probabilities, it seems there's a bug in the math... so I will create my own spawn algorithm, and I will give you the patch for your mod :) 

EDIT: here.. I rebuild all your lua script with a CUSTOM random loot algorithm
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x3sxnaqv8xpodnq/USMilitaryGear.zip?dl=0
I kill 100 guys, and I get only 5 of your items. I think that its balanced. Tested on weapon shops too. I create a table similar to the oficial one. The code is very simple.

Edited by francogp

• 4 weeks later...

Are there any mods that are known to conflict with this mod? I've been having issues with holsters, plate carriers, and the like from this mod, as well as from Quick Bags, and I have no flipping idea what is conflicting with what, or if these two mods just don't get along. Other than that, keep up the great work! Also, a parting idea: maybe add a greater variety of military clothing, such as t-shirts, long sleeve shirts, fleece shirts, etc. So that there is clothing for all seasons. Just some food for thought.

• 1 month later...
On 31/3/2016 at 5:16 PM, BasedKirito said:

Are there any mods that are known to conflict with this mod? I've been having issues with holsters, plate carriers, and the like from this mod, as well as from Quick Bags, and I have no flipping idea what is conflicting with what, or if these two mods just don't get along. Other than that, keep up the great work! Also, a parting idea: maybe add a greater variety of military clothing, such as t-shirts, long sleeve shirts, fleece shirts, etc. So that there is clothing for all seasons. Just some food for thought.

All mods that add some kind of backpack will be incompatible between them. That's zomboid API fault. I already complain about that to the devs.

• 1 month later...
On 3/31/2016 at 2:16 PM, BasedKirito said:

On 5/30/2016 at 7:33 PM, francogp said:

All mods that add some kind of backpack will be incompatible between them. That's zomboid API fault. I already complain about that to the devs.

Wouldn't it be possible to make a compatibility patch between 2 (or more) mods that you want to use the quick access containers feature with?

ISQuickAccessContainers.lua

if item:getCategory() == "Container" and getSpecificPlayer(self.player):isEquipped(item) or item:getType() == "KeyRing" 
			or item:getType() == "LegHolsterUCP" or item:getType() == "LegHolsterMulticam" or item:getType() == "KnifeHolsterMulticam"
			or item:getType() == "KnifeHolsterUCP" or item:getType() == "IOTVUCP" or item:getType() == "IOTVMulticam" or item:getType() == "PlateCarrierUCP"
			or item:getType() == "PlateCarrierMulticam" or item:getType() == "DumpPouchUCP" or item:getType() == "DumpPouchMulticam" then

Right now the code just checks for the bags that were added by the mod that it comes with. I.E. USMG looks for it's bags and then adds them to the sidebar. Quickbags looks for it's bags and then adds them to the sidebar. However if both are present the one that loads last wins.

If a compatibility patch where made couldn't it look for bags added by both USMG and Quickbags (possibly others as well) and add them to the inventory sidebar?

I know right now USMG, Quickbags, and OZMeds use the ISQuickAccessContainers.lua script to add bags to the inventory sidebar. Not sure what else does though.

I have been able to make a 'mod' that makes all bags accessible from the inventory. Really all I had to do was remove the and statement from the code that checks for bags

if item:getCategory() == "Container" then

however I would rather just have the ones that make sense to be quick bags.

Would it be possible to have the script look for containers from specific mods?

something like this(not exactly this. I tried it and it doesn't work):

if item:getCategory() == "Container" and getSpecificPlayer(self.player):isEquipped(item) or item:getType() == "KeyRing" 
			or item:getType() == "USMilitaryGear.LegHolsterUCP" or item:getType() == "USMilitaryGear.LegHolsterMulticam" or item:getType() == "USMilitaryGear.KnifeHolsterMulticam"
			or item:getType() == "USMilitaryGear.KnifeHolsterUCP" or item:getType() == "USMilitaryGear.IOTVUCP" or item:getType() == "USMilitaryGear.IOTVMulticam" or item:getType() == "USMilitaryGear.PlateCarrierUCP"
			or item:getType() == "USMilitaryGear.PlateCarrierMulticam" or item:getType() == "USMilitaryGear.DumpPouchUCP" or item:getType() == "USMilitaryGear.DumpPouchMulticam" then

Then add the containers from the other mods you are using with their mod id?

Edited by Leond
added code snippets and more detail

• W.Williams changed the title to United States Military Pack (Build 41)