Simply cannot get Multiplayer server working

prahjakt zahmboyd

Hi All,

If anyone can help with this, I will slaughter several white oxen in their honor.

I have spent the past week trying to get a flippin server up. Here's what I have tried.

PORTS FORWARDED

I have logged into my router and tried forwarding ports under UDP/TCP (screenshot attached)

I also tried using a range, i.e. instead of specific ports in each line, using "16261-16268"

When I use port checker, it says my port is still closed. (screenshot attached)

I am using ProjectZomboidServer.bat in the main directory, and can join from the server PC using Local IP, but all external connections are failing. 

I have read so many forums, deleted everything and started form scratch several times, tried hamachi... but cannot for the life of me work it out. I think my port forwarding is the problem.

Please help! The white oxen are waiting. 

post-27420-0-33817100-1454030274_thumb.j

post-27420-0-73512500-1454030275_thumb.j

Hi All,

If anyone can help with this, I will slaughter several white oxen in their honor.

I have spent the past week trying to get a flippin server up. Here's what I have tried.

PORTS FORWARDED

I have logged into my router and tried forwarding ports under UDP/TCP (screenshot attached)

I also tried using a range, i.e. instead of specific ports in each line, using "16261-16268"

When I use port checker, it says my port is still closed. (screenshot attached)

I am using ProjectZomboidServer.bat in the main directory, and can join from the server PC using Local IP, but all external connections are failing. 

I have read so many forums, deleted everything and started form scratch several times, tried hamachi... but cannot for the life of me work it out. I think my port forwarding is the problem.

Please help! The white oxen are waiting. 

You may have forgotten your steam ports, alternatively it could be you have a software level firewall that is preventing the process from talking to the outside world.

If this is on a server OS (Like Windows Server) then you will also need to create port rules in Windows Advanced Firewall, if this is just a workstation OS (Like Windows 7,8 or 10) then you need to make sure the process isn't being automatically blocked.

thanks guys. I tried that guide as well but had no luck. I will uninstall everything and try it again.

In the meantime....

I had already turned off all firewalls on the computer,

its not a server just a basic machine running windows 7.  I am able to access the server from the machine it is running on using 127.0.0.1 as my IP and port 16261

From the screenshots I attached, have I done port forwarding correctly?

Also probably worth noting is the fact that I am only trying to connect over a local LAN network, connected to the internet, but all the computers trying to connect are on the same wifi network .

Appreciate your help guys!

post-27420-0-76413600-1454047273_thumb.j

Understood, but not even one other client can connect. Even on the same lan network.

Perhaps it's another problem than port forwarding? If 16261,2 and 3 are open at least one other client should be able to connect

This is killing me, I flipping love this game but have played it to death single player, I need this!