Maps?

ld-airgrafix

First off big thanks to modders, you all have made a great game even better.

I subscribed to few maps, but i want to know are maps linked to each other, such as can i cross between maps ingame (i have them enabled). Not sure but i read somewhere this isnt possible in sandbox, is this true?

As I understand it Mappers are able to place their map at global coords in the game world which can either connect to the vanilla map or even replace chunks the vanilla map.

If you're talking about in Multiplayer, it can be done using the servertest.ini file, but if you mean Singleplayer, I think you can still get custom maps connected. Not 100% sure how though (I haven't touched singleplayer beyond testing scripts etc) but I know in the past, you could drag the contents of map folders into one big folder in your media/maps directory and then choose that merged map as your map to use ingame in sandbox, but that might no longer be nesecary

As I understand it Mappers are able to place their map at global coords in the game world which can either connect to the vanilla map or even replace chunks the vanilla map.

If you're talking about in Multiplayer, it can be done using the servertest.ini file, but if you mean Singleplayer, I think you can still get custom maps connected. Not 100% sure how though (I haven't touched singleplayer beyond testing scripts etc) but I know in the past, you could drag the contents of map folders into one big folder in your media/maps directory and then choose that merged map as your map to use ingame in sandbox, but that might no longer be nesecary

Im talking about single player, just tested louisiana and that was connected to west point.. Would other maps such as drayton be there??? Or are modded maps only connected to main maps individually???

If the map has been placed in global coords by the creator at a point that would connect to or replace vanilla chunks, I imagine it would work?

If you subscribed to Louisiana but launched the singleplayer game with Muldraugh as your selected map I guess that means it works then?