Uses for Bleach?

PlasticandRage

As a side note, itd be cool if you could use it to clean up blood. Maybe bleach and a dish towel? Being able to move corpses is really nice, so you dont end up with a safe house thats full of dead bodies, but theres still nothing, at least to my knowledge, that can be done about blood splatters all over your floor and walls. IRL if someone was living for an extended period of time in a place I wouldnt think theyd just hang out in gallons of drying blood. Especially if it was potentially infected with something thats making people turn into zombies.

You can use bleach to clean up blood actually. It's a pretty feature, though you may need a bath towel, not a dish towel. Not sure, but I do know that you can use bleach for that. As for the water, bleach does not do that; only boiling works. On Multiplayer, you can poison someone's food with bleach, but that is about it. 

You can use bleach to clean up blood actually. It's a pretty feature, though you may need a bath towel, not a dish towel. Not sure, but I do know that you can use bleach for that. As for the water, bleach does not do that; only boiling works. On Multiplayer, you can poison someone's food with bleach, but that is about it.

Thats awesome.

The only thing getting sterilised by mixing water with bleach would be your intestinal tract.

Anyway, anyone know if mops and sponges can be used to clean blood? Didn't seem to work when i tried. Washing-up liquid too. Do they have any use?

Id think if you were in a survival situation and all you had was contaminated wated and a jug of bleach, you could dump like a cap full in and probably be alright drinking it. Itd definitely kill anything living in the water, especially if you mixed it around, and id think a gallon to a cap would dilute the bleach enough for you to safely consume it. Id do it if I was dying of thirst and didnt have any other water.

The only thing getting sterilised by mixing water with bleach would be your intestinal tract.

Anyway, anyone know if mops and sponges can be used to clean blood? Didn't seem to work when i tried. Washing-up liquid too. Do they have any use?

Id think if you were in a survival situation and all you had was contaminated wated and a jug of bleach, you could dump like a cap full in and probably be alright drinking it. Itd definitely kill anything living in the water, especially if you mixed it around, and id think a gallon to a cap would dilute the bleach enough for you to safely consume it. Id do it if I was dying of thirst and didnt have any other water.

1/8-1/4 teaspoon per gallon is all that is needed. There should be a slight chlorine odor when it is properly disinfected. It is a very common method for making potable water around the world.

Like I and others have always said: When in doubt and infected, don't forget to gulp down a gallon of bleach!

Normally I always make sure I have a few stashes of bleach to go the way you are suppose to go when you get infected, and I even sometimes make sure I have one in my bag at all times just in case I get bit while doing a supply run or whatever.

Maybe for water that looks clean enough but you aren't sure of.

Doubt it'd work for that murky river water like in the game. Think it'd just make you sick and leave you even more dehydrated.

Well I mean I would assume potentially infected rain water out of a rain collector would fall under that category.

Indeed bleach should make fresh rain water potable, and I hope they add that to the game someday. I say "fresh" because there are some parasites that bleach won't kill. Hm. Maybe in the future bleach could at least *lower* the chance of getting sick? We shall see. =)

Maybe for water that looks clean enough but you aren't sure of.

Doubt it'd work for that murky river water like in the game. Think it'd just make you sick and leave you even more dehydrated.

You might be surprised. If you came across two pools of water near each other in the wilderness and one was covered in algae with bugs buzzing around it, and one that appears clear, stagnant, and lacking any vegetation or insects, it is probably safer to to drink the algae covered water. There is a reason why the other pool appears devoid of life. A reason why natural life is avoiding it. Life is very opportunistic in finding a place to live. A flowing body of water is almost always better than a stagnant source (unless you live in Flint, MI). Of course you should treat any water you drink. A natural sand/rock filter and a bleach treatment and you'll be good to go! (Probably)