Trojan_Turps

I currently find it awkward trying to defend my safe-house. The zombies start by banging on my doors and barricaded windows trying to get in. While this is happening i can't attack them. Then they break in and its all too late to fight them off. I never really try to defend my base now because its always safer/easier to just run off making lots of noise, leading the zombies away.

I think that windows might be the biggest problem at the moment. Zombies just hop straight through an open or broken window and merrily start trying to eat your brain. I think that zombies should climb through windows rather slowly and have a chance to fall over on the other side. But more importantly there should be an extra stage added where the zombie reaches through the window and prepares to climb. This would open up an opportunity to defend the window. The other side of a window would become a good place to be.

It would also be nice if you could fight through barricaded (1 or 2 planks only) windows. So you could attack out and zombies could reach in and try to grab you (would be cool if zombies grabbed through windows). I don't want to damage my own barricades while defending them :(

Also Doors could have a broken state where they have holes smashed in them but are still acting as a barrier (that you could also see through). This would allow you to fight through the holes and have awesome "Here's Johnny" moments. :D

I currently find it difficult, frustrating and awkward trying to defend my safe-house. The zombies start by banging on my doors and barricaded windows trying to get in. While this is happening i can't attack them. Then they break in and its all too late to fight them off. I never really try to defend my base now because its always safer/easier to just run off making lots of noise, leading the zombies away.

I think that windows might be the biggest problem at the moment. Zombies just hop straight through an open or broken window and merrily start trying to eat your brain. I think that zombies should climb through windows rather slowly and have a chance to fall over on the other side. But more importantly there should be an extra stage added where the zombie reaches through the window and prepares to climb. This would open up an opportunity to defend the window. The other side of a window would become a good place to be.

It would also be nice if you could fight through barricaded (1 or 2 planks only) windows. So you could attack out and zombies could reach in and try to grab you (would be cool if zombies grabbed through windows). I don't want to damage my own barricades while defending them   :(

Also Doors could have a broken state where they have holes smashed in them but are still acting as a barrier (that you could also see through). This would allow you to fight through the holes and have awesome "Here's Johnny" moments.   :D           

Incredibly simple solution: Go outside of your safehouse and smack the zombies dead. It's not a big deal really. xD

I currently find it difficult, frustrating and awkward trying to defend my safe-house. The zombies start by banging on my doors and barricaded windows trying to get in. While this is happening i can't attack them. Then they break in and its all too late to fight them off. I never really try to defend my base now because its always safer/easier to just run off making lots of noise, leading the zombies away...

Incredibly simple solution: Go outside of your safehouse and smack the zombies dead. It's not a big deal really. xD

The problem isn't that there is no solution but that it's hard to have a good old last stand.

without NPCs in SP you have 3 options.

1) clear a pack of zeds every day

2) move from place to place

3) have a base deep in forest

the old time of huge castle like bases are gone.

I hope one day NPCs will fix them. A 3 guys on clearing duty will do a work.

without NPCs in SP you have 3 options.

1) clear a pack of zeds every day

2) move from place to place

3) have a base deep in forest

the old time of huge castle like bases are gone.

I hope one day NPCs will fix them. A 3 guys on clearing duty will do a work.

I don't want a castle, just a house with a plank over each window. I feel like a window should be a great place to defend from. Especially a barricaded one. This is more of a game mechanic that I feel is missing rather than something to make the game easier. Standing and fighting in a house is normally the worst idea ever. There are so many disadvantages to being in a building at the moment. Having some more motivation to defend a building would lead to less running away. Less running away = more deaths = more fun :P

Probably a scene in Dawn of the Dead where they have small openings on the sides of their truck where a chain saw can pass through to kill the zombies on the other side...

the scene right before this one:

but then, a large drop in damage could be implemented due to the lack of force exerted when doing this... a spear would probably make a better weapon when doing this though...

*Jabs spear through opening*

*hits eye socket*

Me: O__O

Zombie: X__O

Me: sup O__O

Build pillars in front of windows and doors to stop zombies from attacking your house. When they are headbanging the pillar you can attack them. Easy peazy.

I think that I have not explained myself very well. I don't have any problem with defending my base. I know plenty of tricks and tactics. What I would like to see in the game is a way to fight from within a building to try and stop the zombies getting in. At the moment you can go outside and fight them or let them in and fight them. I'm not asking for help, I'm asking for opinions on an idea. :)

You mean like how we now are able to shoot zombie thru wire fence? So you can use spearlike object to atk zombie on the outside. So like wooden spear, ice picks and screw drivers will be used for melee

I would have it so that any weapon could be used to attack through a window. If the window had a plank barricade then less damage would be done. If the window had 2 planks over it then even less damage would be done. 3-4 planks and you can't attack. I know that IRL different weapons would be better but I would keep it simple.