Lazy Joe

How long is "time:100" in a recipe?

It feels like that 100 is roughly 1 second, but i would like to hear the official answer to this.

And would crafting duration change depending on how long a day is set to?

For example, if refilling a bottle with water takes 1 second in default day length, would it become 2 seconds if i set the day length to 1 hour instead of 30 minutes?

The fastest way to find out is to test them yourself in game Lol. make a recipe and actually test them under the different setting. but i do not think duration is affected by day length.

It depends on the way the TimedAction is implemented.

Normally, TimedActions are measured in "ticks" and IIRC there are 80 ticks in a wallclock second. I do not believe that these scale with in-game day length.

Others, most notably the ISReadABook TA (reading skill books), DO scale with in-game day length.

This means that there is no universal answer to your question.

Normally, TimedActions are measured in "ticks" and IIRC there are 80 ticks in a wallclock second. I do not believe that these scale with in-game day length.

Others, most notably the ISReadABook TA (reading skill books), DO scale with in-game day length.

Yea reading books is a horror when you play the longer days option in sandbox, also you get hungry and unhappy quite a lot in 1 day because it doesnt scale with real game time i wander why nobody created a mod for it yet to make long day length option playable. maybe ill try this one as my next project.

Yea reading books is a horror when you play the longer days option in sandbox, also you get hungry and unhappy quite a lot in 1 day because it doesnt scale with real game time i wander why nobody created a mod for it yet to make long day length option playable. maybe ill try this one as my next project.

Don't know about the unhappiness, but if i play 1 hour or 2 hour day length, hunger rises slower.

When i play 30minutes per day i basically didnt do anything else beside making sure i dont starve, 1 hour setting totally fixed it.