Project Farmoid v0.75c

Kurogo

When I try to plant seeds that require trellis kit, all trellis kits in my inventory are removed after planting a single plant that requires them.

I use this mod as a part of Hydrocraft, so it might be Hydrocraft version specific bug.

Hmm, it seems that I found the location of the bug. It's in lua/client/Farming/TimedActions/ISSeedAction.lua:

...for i=1, self.nbOfSeed do	local seed = self.seeds[i];	if self.typeOfSeed == "Bean" or self.typeOfSeed == "BellPepper" or self.typeOfSeed == "Eggplant" or self.typeOfSeed == "Grape" or self.typeOfSeed == "Pea" then		self.character:getInventory():Remove("TrellisKit");		self.character:getInventory():Remove(seed);...

If I understand correctly, nbOfSeed is the number of seeds required for planting (4 for all Farmoid plants). And because trellis kilt is removed inside the loop, the script removes nbOfSeeds (i.e. 4) of them. I encountered it with 4 kits in my inventory, and they all got removed. If I have less than 4 kits, they are removed, but the seed is planted.

When I try to plant seeds that require trellis kit, all trellis kits in my inventory are removed after planting a single plant that requires them.

I use this mod as a part of Hydrocraft, so it might be Hydrocraft version specific bug.

Hmm, it seems that I found the location of the bug. It's in lua/client/Farming/TimedActions/ISSeedAction.lua:

...for i=1, self.nbOfSeed do	local seed = self.seeds[i];	if self.typeOfSeed == "Bean" or self.typeOfSeed == "BellPepper" or self.typeOfSeed == "Eggplant" or self.typeOfSeed == "Grape" or self.typeOfSeed == "Pea" then		self.character:getInventory():Remove("TrellisKit");		self.character:getInventory():Remove(seed);...
If I understand correctly, nbOfSeed is the number of seeds required for planting (4 for all Farmoid plants). And because trellis kilt is removed inside the loop, the script removes nbOfSeeds (i.e. 4) of them. I encountered it with 4 kits in my inventory, and they all got removed. If I have less than 4 kits, they are removed, but the seed is planted.

Thanks for pointing that out, I've been working on a different way to use Trellis Kits, so hopefully that will resolve this issue.

• 1 month later...

Hey there, I'm not sure what's going on--maybe needs an update--but I haven't been able to craft a Trellis Kit, despite reading the magazine and having all the ingredients necessary. Otherwise, the plants that don't require it are functioning just fine and I'm very happy with the mod! Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
39 minutes ago, Kurogo said:

Sorry for the lack of communication, but I've just had a break through and might be back on track with the newest version. I'll be testing it for a few days to make sure I'm not missing any bugs, but am hoping to have it out in time for Christmas.

Awesome, very happy to see this mod will continue to be updated. :)

On 20/12/2016 at 4:49 PM, Kurogo said:

The new version is released! Check the video linked in the original description to see the new trellis system in action!

i tested the new version... i can cultivate two types of seed if i dig and then put a trellis kit... can use two types of seeds. One on the trellis kit and another on the ground (two info context menu, two eliminate, etc)... if i have a trellis inserted on a square and i have another trellis kit, a context menu display to place another trellis (build trellis) and if i clicked on that context... old trellis and seeds on it removing and a new trellis empty spawn on that place.
Sorry about my language i speak spanish...

On December 28, 2016 at 9:18 AM, Snakeman said:

i tested the new version... i can cultivate two types of seed if i dig and then put a trellis kit... can use two types of seeds. One on the trellis kit and another on the ground (two info context menu, two eliminate, etc)... if i have a trellis inserted on a square and i have another trellis kit, a context menu display to place another trellis (build trellis) and if i clicked on that context... old trellis and seeds on it removing and a new trellis empty spawn on that place.
Sorry about my language i speak spanish...

Thanks for reporting this, I'll try to get that fixed in the next update.

Edited by Kurogo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey everyone, it's getting close to time for my next update. One of the things I'm planning on adding to the game is a potting system so you all can have your lovely gardens indoors. There's about 5 more items on my to-do list with them, but so far they work like this: you can place empty pots anywhere, outside or indoors; you can fill pots with potting mix up to 50; you have to have at least some potting mix in the pot to plant seeds; you can only have as much water as you do potting mix (e.g. 35 potting mix = 35 water max); seed, water, harvest, and fertilizer amounts are reduced to reflect that the pot is smaller than a normal farming plot; harvesting will reduce the potting mix level dependent on your farming skill; potting mix recipe can be learned, and requires compost + moss to make; moss is a new forage item, you can find it starting at Forage lvl 2.

Once I've finished my to-do list for pots, I'm going to start work on raised garden beds.

• 3 months later...