Project Farmoid v0.75c

Kurogo

Project Farmoid version 0.75c is out!

Trellis kits now function as a separate farming plot. Once you have a trellis kit and either a shovel or a trowel, you will be able to place them just like you would a farming plot.

Once placed, trellis kits can be planted with their own list of seeds. If you remove the plot, you will get the trellis kit back, regardless of whether there are vines growing on it or not. After you have harvested your vines, the plot will revert back to an unplanted trellis plot ready to be reseeded!

You must be farming level 2 and have read the magazine Better Shelters and Farms in order to make your own trellis kits. However, if you find a trellis kit in some loot, you can use that right away, regardless of your farming level. This also means you can steal trellises that someone else has already planted. Keep an eye on your gardens!

This new system fixes the bug that consumed more than 1 trellis kit when planting vines.

Adjusted vegetable yields to balance them out more.

Loot distribution has also been adjusted to balance out reusable trellis kits and the increase in farmable crops. Let me know if it seems appropriate for your loot settings.

Thank you for using my mod!

Keep calm and farm on!

-K

A video showing the change highlights can be found at:

Project Farmoid v0.75c Update Highlights

Poster.png

Edited by Kurogo

At the moment I'm just going to focus on other aspects to farming that I'd like to expand on, like some new diseases, actually constructing the trellises before planting the new vines, working the farming level into balancing the new additions, and more. If Hydro wants to incorporate this into his mod, well I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. In the mean time, I'm looking forward to feedback on how this is working so far, and any criticism/suggestions on it's overall feel.

At the moment I'm just going to focus on other aspects to farming that I'd like to expand on, like some new diseases, actually constructing the trellises before planting the new vines, working the farming level into balancing the new additions, and more. If Hydro wants to incorporate this into his mod, well I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. In the mean time, I'm looking forward to feedback on how this is working so far, and any criticism/suggestions on it's overall feel.

Yes I would like to incorporate it. However I am in no rush to. Perhaps when you are more satified wit its state we can work on merging it into Hydrocraft. It looks like you already use a lot of the seed packets from Hydorcraft already.

I also want to merge the irrigation mod into Hydrocraft so if you could hlp with that, it would be great!

I made one of the in game seed packets a blank, and then used the non-farmable food items I found in game to make the seed packets. I don't want you to think I'm poaching your work without asking, but it seems I wasn't the only one with that idea. XD

Down the road more plants will get added, from grains to more fruits and veggies, trees and bushes, and others. Now that it seems I've got the workshop release all sorted out, I'll make a more tangible post with information on where I'm going with this.

Man, that's really great!

I think some plants may need to take into account the "seasonal" factor.

Keep good work.  :)

Just updated the mod to include Danish, German, Spanish, French, Italian, and Dutch translations. Hopefully google translate didn't fail me. =)

Also fixed the Farming_ prefix appearing before all new plant names, and the beans should have an icon in the information window now.

Thanks for pointing me at the Translate folder Hydro!

Right now, in order to farm you need to have a trowel and dig an area to plant seeds. I'm doing experiments to see if it's possible to have a custom process for things like the Beans, Bell Peppers, Eggplants, Grapes, and Peas. Something like building the trellis first and then planting the seeds. If that works, then I will add potted plants, mushroom beds, herb gardens and more.

Right now, in order to farm you need to have a trowel and dig an area to plant seeds. I'm doing experiments to see if it's possible to have a custom process for things like the Beans, Bell Peppers, Eggplants, Grapes, and Peas. Something like building the trellis first and then planting the seeds. If that works, then I will add potted plants, mushroom beds, herb gardens and more.

sounds interesting

Just updated to v0.7 today. Here are the change notes:

Fixed: Several grammar errors in the translation files.

Added: Polish translation (sort of, ANSI is messing with the Unicode characters)

Added: Trellis Kits and Trellis Kit Magazine

Changed: Beans, Bell Peppers, Eggplants, Grapes, and Peas now require a trellis kit to be planted. Trellis Kits can be made by learning the recipe from the Trellis Kit magazine, being the proper level in Farming, and acquiring the required materials. Trellis Kits can also be found as general loot in places like garages and storage units.

Bugs: I'm aware that the vegetables are not translating in the seeds context menu and some tooltip windows. I'm trying to find out where the problem is, but until then, you all will have to forgive me for leaving it as it is.

This release is an experiment to see how you guys like the way trellises work. The alternative will come out (hopefully) next week, where you will instead build the trellis much like the Dig command, and then plant seeds in to it. After you've tried both, let me know which one you guys like more. Until next time, Peace!

-K

Added: Polish translation (sort of, ANSI is messing with the Unicode characters)

I've got no idea why this doesn't work. All the official files I send to TIS are in ANSI and they work just fine, I've never had any issues whatsoever.

With your mod I tried UTF-8, ANSI, UTF-8 (without bom) and god knows what else. Nothing works :P I don't know why.

EDIT:

Spoiler

LQpbPV4.jpg 

- your file in ANSI (see bottom 2 items - displayed incorrectly) BUT original game files with Polish diacritic signs are displayed correctly - even the same character (Trowel)

lzPMs3l.jpg 

- my file in ANSI (see bottom 2 items - they're displayed correctly)

Seems like you can't edit my files because it messes things up.

:oops: Well...there was a mod called Moddable Farming ( http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/13478-moddablefarming/ ), which is used to help players making new plants. 

But, the author could not stand a chance against PZ's new zombie spawn mechanism. So he/she quit the game and the mod.

So, I'm hoping that you may install your mod into that mod to give us a chance to make new plants with new diseases and new planting methods you provide.

I know this is not easy. So it's OK, if you are not interested in this idea. :-|

@Geras: that was the problem I have. The editor I have at the moment automatically opens files in ANSI, corrupting the original format.

@BlackTeaPie: I ran into other problems when I checked out that mod, and decided that using the vanilla game files is a bit more my level at this time. Perhaps some day I'll have enough of a grasp on Lua to make something like Moddable Farming.

@Geras: that was the problem I have. The editor I have at the moment automatically opens files in ANSI, corrupting the original format.

@BlackTeaPie: I ran into other problems when I checked out that mod, and decided that using the vanilla game files is a bit more my level at this time. Perhaps some day I'll have enough of a grasp on Lua to make something like Moddable Farming.

:oops: OK

Hi and thanks for this mod :)

Just a short question.

Do the new plants like zuchini or pumpkin need longer to bear seeds or do they at all get to this stage?

Had planted tehm along with vanilla stuff and even potatos had been seeding twice but not the new plants, but i can harvest them and get fruits.

Do i just have to wait longer or is this still missing?

Using your mod in the hydro mod.