Question re: non Beta steam build

lemmy101

the only thing i dislike with the current build is that it feels like zombies spawn just out of your screen no matter if its even inside your safe house tht happened to me in my safe house had all windows barricaded and doors closed and there were zombies in my house also i think if you make a safe house a set area around there no zombies can spawn they can only get lured there by you or the meta game sounds also decrease the amount of zombies there are in the low setting and make hordes a little nicer ie make them spawn in secluded areas than make them slowly wonder around the map because they seem to spawn at 1 spot and then never move around and some times it feels as if hordes spawn right at my door step of my safe house

ps excuse any grammar mistakes Ive been very sick and taken a lot of medication

Some people are going to complain and point out every little problem but its ok. I wouldn't mind going back to Desura's stable builds but i prefer steam because that is where all my games are and what I've used forever. This is just a matter of personally opinion. 

Edit: Not like i survive that long, so by the time i get a base i normally make a run for something i don't have like medicine or wood and die, lol. So the zombie spawning inside your base isn't a problem for me

Some people are going to complain and point out every little problem but its ok. I wouldn't mind going back to Desura's stable builds but i prefer steam because that is where all my games are and what I've used forever. This is just a matter of personally opinion. 

Edit: Not like i survive that long, so by the time i get a base i normally make a run for something i don't have like medicine or wood and die, lol. So the zombie spawning inside your base isn't a problem for me

We're talking about putting the Desura build on steam, and/or choosing between the current Steam semi-release and the Steam beta.

Don't know if anybody else with the black screen save load has noticed that if I move my character around ( I had blood splatters, but otherwise black screen, and I could see the splatters moving on screen). I am able to walk thru a wall and my world becomes visible......

Don't know if anybody else with the black screen save load has noticed that if I move my character around ( I had blood splatters, but otherwise black screen, and I could see the splatters moving on screen). I am able to walk thru a wall and my world becomes visible......

This has been my experience and my way around the black screen on loading a saved game. It works!

The other bugs I've encountered were: both me and Zombies being able to go through walls randomly, once I was moving ammunition from a dufflebag onto my person while fighting zombies, after a few rounds were deposited into my pocket, I was no longer able to fire, reload, change weapons or do anything but move (The unpacking bar on my ammunition was also stuck like a third of the way the entire time). I found a safe house, saved the game, and reloaded it, and this problem was gone.

Besides that, the build seems stable enough, and easier to boot. Or maybe I am just become better? Regardless, this is a great game!

For me, it crashes every now and then (much more frequent when running for long periods of time or when having many zombies on the screen). It then freezes, and jumps me back to a really odd looking main menu (with the frozen screen stuck on the back). At this point, I will have to reset, and when I load it up (the original save, not the "crashed" new save), I will go back to my last save point (usually after sleeping). If I do load up the crashed new save, it won't load; basically just a black screen.

There was also this time when I crashed 4-5 times continuously, all of me trying to run north across town. I noticed that whenever I crosses a certain section (linear invisible wall, if you will) it freezes up. Every time I crashed, I would try again. The last time, I ran "around" it. Perhaps the game wasn't loading the map fast enough?

Windows 8 64-bit (6.2 Build 9200)

LENOVO

Intel® Core™ i7-3520M CPU @2.90GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.9GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Intel® HD Graphics 4000

NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M

Hope it helps.

The current Steam version is perfect, the black screen on loading can be solved by using the proper settings (no multicore and medium or lower video memory).

The spawning doesn't break the game, but it makes it unenjoyable for me. I'll wait for the next version.

I have 9 hours of game time on Steam, and I think the game only crashed once or twice, and I only lost 1-2 minutes of gameplay time, though some of the loot was rerandomized as I noticed, so I lost some sweet stuff that I just found before the crash. But my saves didn't get corrupted, so I guess it's fine.

The only bugs I have found were resolved around climbing through windows and fences, and I think I have once exited a house through the northern wall of the second floor (yes, wall, not a window), and ended up on the ground level. Didn't even take falling damage.

• 3 weeks later...

With the Steam Build I've had issues with the graphics acting like a "fog of war" in all directions and it only clears after I walk through an area.  This happens right after I load a saved game and might be a rendering issue.

As far as gameplay I've noticed some of the weights are still the older weights (Gas Can) are not fixed mentioned in this post:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1836-steam-beta-release-upcoming/

Another thing I've noticed in the Steam build is that bandages will not work.  It won't let me apply from inventory or in the status window.

K got that after a bit more reading, I think that update would also fix the shading issue. I've found that on the current steam build that the game will glitch after about 90 min as well, almost like old school server lag. Doesn't happen on Desura build.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm trying out the demo on steam now and here's some bugs I encountered:

- game crashes when I change the resolution (have to close it and restart - fortunately it restarts in the new rez).

- black screen when I start the demos gameplay (no matter what resolution)

- game only displays right in safe mode but with bad performance

- in the settings when reload difficulty is set to hard the text is cut off by the dropdown menu

- in the settings the "Shaders" option reads "Unsupported by Hardware" (nvidia gtx 460)

- in the settings menu the scrollbar does not work when dragged with the mouse from the very bottom upwards - have to use the mousewheel upwards then it works again (the drag with mouse).

Ok if i understood correctly you are asking our opinion if you should make the current beta build on steam the Official steam version ? If thats your question i say go for it totaly, the game play superbly, very stable compared to what ive seen, and i can say for sure this is the best release ive seen so far content Wise and gameplay. Only issue being the fact thats its quite too easy due to zombie broken spwan, but that could also help new player ease into the game. 

I say go for it !

Ok if i understood correctly you are asking our opinion if you should make the current beta build on steam the Official steam version ? If thats your question i say go for it totaly, the game play superbly, very stable compared to what ive seen, and i can say for sure this is the best release ive seen so far content Wise and gameplay. Only issue being the fact thats its quite too easy due to zombie broken spwan, but that could also help new player ease into the game. 

I say go for it !

This is a very old topic and isn't valid anymore afaik. It's from september...