SetY Troubles

Kjulo

To test it out, i made this code

Kmod_Addition_Traits.OnPlayerUpdate= function(player)	getPlayer():setY(getPlayer():getY() + 1); --move playerend

But the player dosen't move or change cordinates. I have even tried setting it to 0 instead of adding, but nothing happens.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/734-

dida had the same problem, but blindcoder helped him apparently:

function hack.doWarp(x, y)    if hack.warp == true then        -- special thanks to blindcoder for this line        local wx, wy = ISCoordConversion.ToWorld(x, y, getPlayer():getZ());        getPlayer():setY(wy);        getPlayer():setX(wx);    endend

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/734-

dida had the same problem, but blindcoder helped him apparently:

function hack.doWarp(x, y)    if hack.warp == true then        -- special thanks to blindcoder for this line        local wx, wy = ISCoordConversion.ToWorld(x, y, getPlayer():getZ());        getPlayer():setY(wy);        getPlayer():setX(wx);    endend
		local wx, wy = ISCoordConversion.ToWorld(getPlayer():getX() + 1, getPlayer():getY() + 1, getPlayer():getZ());        getPlayer():setY(wy);        getPlayer():setX(wx);

Do i translate it into this? still can't seem to get it working

Ah I see... I just noticed that he uses the Mouse Click Event hence he has to convert the coordinates! Sorry, my bad :(

I had played around with teleporting too, but I guess it is a bit harder than setting the coordinates of the player. Can't help you unfortunately :(

When is this function called? Anything in the log?

It looks like it should work.

setY(0); will cause the game to crash.

Events.OnPlayerUpdate.Add(Kmod_Addition_Traits.OnPlayerUpdate);

I'm not quite sure whet OnPlayerUpdate is triggered.

Try adding a print() or pzdebug() statement to check if the function is called at all.

OnPlayerUpdate is called quite often (maybe strapped to the FPS), but certainly not as frequent as OnTick.

OnPlayerUpdate is called quite often (maybe strapped to the FPS), but certainly not as frequent as OnTick.

I've tried moving the SetX, and onTick is also incredibly useful.