Is there a chance to survive when you were bitten?

Himari

I have survived a bite. I think the game does a dice roll and determines immediately if youve been infected or not. Just clean the bite and pray.

If that is the case then I must suck at the dice roll, since for me on this MP server I was on 3/4 scratches are fatal.

Bleach also cures the zombie virus. You can always fall back on that if luck doesnt help.

When in doubt, drink the all-cure bleach.

I always makes sure I carry one with me in case I get scratched or god help me a bite.

It has always been 25 % for scratches and 96 % for bites.

And when I mean always, I mean it, back way in the 1.5D day's(most of you weren't around during that version).

Also I thought thick skinned and thin skinned affected what is the chance to receive an injury from a zombie when it does a full lean on animation, not that it affected the chance of infection also...

I'm fairly sure I remember it used to be 100% for bites. I can remember an update which had something along the lines of "to stop players immediately choosing suicide after being bitten, we've reduced bite infection to 96% to give players a reason to keep going, to keep hoping, even as their sickness spreads".

EDIT* Snooped around and yes it was 100% back in the 1.4a day's (you probably weren't around during that version), it was indeed 100%. http://pzwiki.net/wiki/Patch_0.1.4a

Edited by nomedable

It has always been 25 % for scratches and 96 % for bites.

And when I mean always, I mean it, back way in the 1.5D day's(most of you weren't around during that version).

Also I thought thick skinned and thin skinned affected what is the chance to receive an injury from a zombie when it does a full lean on animation, not that it affected the chance of infection also...

Well not ALWAYS MisterLock. ;) In the very very old days bites were 100% death. And I THINK scratches were too, if I can recall correctly. But it's been quite a while. :) This was changed to keep players from going on a crazy rampage and basically giving up on their characters, because there's always the chance your character isn't infected.