Need help setting up a Private server

Pazool

Hi, I am really struggling getting a server to work on version 33.14. I have managed to get it to work in -nosteam mode but I haven't been able to get it to work when ran through steam. Whenever I try to connect it says once "failed to establish a P2P connection" and when i try again it gets stuck on "contacting server". It doesn't show up in the public servers though I have set it to in the PZserversettings.bat. Any help would be appreciated as a lot of the info i could find was like a year old if not more. If you need more info I will be happy to provide it. 

Thank you in advance  :D

Sorry Pazool, I misread your post last night.

You need to run the server from the included bat, otherwise weird things happen:

Right click Project Zomboid Dedicated Server under Tools and go to Properties. Go to the Local Files tab, then Browse Local Files.

Because you're running the client in -nosteam mode, we'll have to edit the start-server.bat file to match: right click the bat file and click Edit, to open it in Notepad. After zombie.GameServer (may be called something else), add -nosteam Be sure it's separated with a space (zombie.GameServer -nosteam) then save the file.

Double click it to run. If everything goes right, you shouldn't have the p2p error anymore. :)

(Just a note: be sure to type save then quit[/] in the console rather than clicking the X, when shutting it down. People often forget this step and it can corrupt saves.)

No need to apologize, any help is appreciated and its more than enough that you are taking the time to help me with this problem. I have actually realized the error of my ways since. The way I had been trying to launch the server was through the "ProjectZomboidServer.bat" in the main games directory thinking that was the same as the dedicated server files. When I went to the dedicated server tools directory and saw the 64 bit .bat I realized I had been using the wrong one. Launched that and got in-game and on the server with no issues. Thanks a bunch for helping me anyhow xD