Be Able To Rest Without Needing Furniture

vonVile

I find it odd that my character can't Rest without the use of funiture (bed, chair, etc.) available. If I've been running aross the map from a horde of zombies and stuck in the woods my character is barred from Resting to lower his fatigue. I'm forced to find shelter where all the zombies are, which is a major pain when playing on Insane. When playing in Muldraugh I'm always forced to run across the map to the Lumber Yard, since I know there's close to zero zombies there.

resting on the floor i think is a good idea, but in the wild might be unhealthy i think due to harsh weather exposure.

This is just offtopic: if i am alone and i were given a choice to sleep in an abandoned house, in a zombie apocalypse i will probably sleep "under" the bed or somewhere else hidden. This is because if i do not wake up for some reason when the house is breached i might still survive and not get eaten by Zs or worse get killed by a raider (tho raiders might check under the bed at least i still have a little bit of chance) and also if i do not snore from over exhaustion and anxiety Lol.

There is no reason (other than lack of animations) that we can't just sit down on the ground and rest. We shouldn't need something to sit on!

Maybe if we chose to rest in a chair or bed that our fatigue would reduce quicker? Standing still already reduces our fatigue.

We could have something like this:

1. Standing still reduces the least amount of fatigue.
  2. Resting on the ground reduces more fatigue than standing, but leaves your character defenseless until they get up.
  3. Resting on a chair or bed reduces the most fatigue and is quicker to get up and defend from.

So there is a clear advantage to resting in a chair/bed, but it isn't your only real option (standing still just takes too much time).

I agree that there should be a way to sit to rest faster than standing still, however sleep on the floor should bring penalties.

The way i do it right now when traveling long distances is that a friend and i carry a very light chair, so you can imagine my character carrying a frying pan in one hand and a chair in the other, then putting down the chair in the middle of the road and rest.

Their needs to be a comfortable rating for sleeping anyway, it's rather ridiculous you can get a good night of sleep on a kitchen chair, and that there's no reason to prefer a bed over all the other options. Well, I roleplay my reasons in, No gamy shenanigans for me, no sir, I take my PZ gaming seriously. 

So I'm all for sleeping on the ground (and everywhere else too basically), but as a last resort thing only, that restores only a bit of fatigue and/or takes a long time to do so.

Their needs to be a comfortable rating for sleeping anyway, it's rather ridiculous you can get a good night of sleep on a kitchen chair, and that there's no reason to prefer a bed over all the other options. Well, I roleplay my reasons in, No gamy shenanigans for me, no sir, I take my PZ gaming seriously. 

So I'm all for sleeping on the ground (and everywhere else too basically), but as a last resort thing only, that restores only a bit of fatigue and/or takes a long time to do so.

I'd love to see you get "accustomed" to what you sleep on as well. :|

I'd love to see you get "accustomed" to what you sleep on as well. :-|

Maybe a perk like in Rouge Survivor that lets you sleep everywhere with a lower penalty?  

Excellent ideas guys, This also reminded me of those backpacks with the folding chairs built into them, silly idea imo, but would work nice in game I suppose. One thing that could be done with the "comfortable rating" stated above is that maybe it could be set up as each kind of furniture (used to sit, sleep,rest) would have a comfort level from 1 to 10 wooden chairs would rate a 2, office chair a 3 or 4, plush leather couches a solid 7 or 8 (i love those things except in the summer lol) ect. but! here's the kicker the more often your player sleeps in uncomfortable places maybe this could be a way to add in De-buffs or temporary negative traits such as the following, lets say, from sleeping on the floor for over 2 or 3 nights, 'Stiff Back~ slower running speed, climbing ropes, hoping fences ect.' Or could have your character suffer from a temp negative trait like the restless sleeper trait during your sleeping on the floor (which the floor would have a comfort rating of 0 or a 1 if your hopefully on carpet lol) let me know if you guys like the idea and what kind of ratings/temp traits would you all want to see?

A workaround for this might be adding sheet recipe to make Sheet object that can be placed like a bed. This object can then be used like a bed for resting. Imagine picnic sessions at the park where you put a piece of cloth for you to sit around :P