Context Add Option Starts Action

ORMtnMan

Heya guys,

Haven't asked advice here in a while but I hit a maddening snag.

So, I am adding context menu options. It is adding the options to the context menu correctly but it runs (kinda) through the script while adding and does nothing when I try to click the option.

Any thoughts?

Could you paste the relevant part of the code? I usually have that phenomenom when I have a syntax error in the code.

Anything in console.txt?

Mind posting the code when you are able to?

Okay, so here is the first relevant piece of code:

for i,v in ipairs(items) do --runs through all items in inventory and adds context menu options

local testItem = v;

if not instanceof(v, "InventoryItem") then

testItem = v.items[1];

end

testData = testItem:getModData()

if testData.reloadClass ~= nil then

else

ORGMLoadUtil:setUpLoadable(testItem, playerObj)

end

if testData.reloadClass == 'ORGMLoadClass' then --a check to see if the item is an ORGM gun

local unloadTest = testData.currentCapacity;

if testData.roundChambered ~= nil and testData.roundChambered ==1 then

unloadTest = unloadTest + 1

end

if testData.magInserted ~= nil and testData.magInserted == 1 and difficulty ~= 1 then

--test to add eject mag option

isReloadableMag = true;

elseif testData.magInserted ~= nil and testData.magInserted ~= 1 and difficulty ~= 1 then

isReloadable = true;

elseif (difficulty == 1 or testData.loadStyle ~= 'magfed') and testData.currentCapacity < testData.maxCapacity then --test to add normal reload

isReloadable = true;

elseif unloadTest > 0 then --test to add unload option

isUnloadable = true;

end

isLoading = ORGMLoadManager:loadStarted() --test to see if loading

isRacking = ORGMLoadManager:rackingStarted() --test to see if racking

isAction = isLoading or isRacking --combines the two

isSlideOpenable = testData.slideOpen == 1; --checks to see if you can lock open the slide, for faster future reload action

isSlideOpen = testData.slideOpened == 1; --checks to see if the slide is locked open so you can close it

isBoltOpenable = testData.boltOpen == 1; --checks to see if you can open the bolt and leave it open

isBoltOpen = testData.boltOpened == 1; --checks to see if the bolt is currently open to give you the option to close it.

isOpen = testData.isOpen == 1; --checks if the gun is open currently

isOpenable = testData.openClose == 1; --checks if the gun can open

isRackable = testData.canRack == 1; --checks if the item is able to be racked

end

--Iterating an ammo search        

tablename = testData.ammoType

tablenamemag = testData.magType

ammoTable = _G[tablename] --awesome function to get a table name from a string

magTable = _G[tablenamemag]

if magTable ~= nil and difficulty ~= 1 then

for i,v in ipairs(magTable) do --iterates adding an option to load for any mag type present

local testMag = v;

if playerObj:getInventory():FindAndReturn(testMag) ~= nil then

--looks to see if the mag is in your inventory

local reloadtextindex = ORGMLoadManager:ORGMindexfinder(testMag, Magindexlist);

local reloadtexttoadd = Magloadtext[reloadtextindex]

--finds the index and gets the reload text

if isReloadable and not isAction then --if the gun is reloadable and you are not performing an action, gives the option to reload

local reloadOption = context:addOption(reloadtexttoadd, items, ORGMLoadManager:startReloadFromUi(testItem, testMag), playerObj);

end

end

end

end        

if ammoTable ~= nil then

if difficulty == 1 or testData.loadStyle ~= 'magfed' then

for i,v in ipairs(ammoTable) do --iterates adding an option to load for any ammo type present

local testCal = v;

if playerObj:getInventory():FindAndReturn(testCal) ~= nil then

--looks to see if the ammo is in your inventory

local reloadtextindex = ORGMConversions:ORGMindexfinder(testCal, Ammoindexlist);

local reloadtexttoadd = Ammoloadtext[reloadtextindex]

--finds the index and gets the reload text

if isReloadable and not isAction then --if the gun is reloadable and you are not performing an action, gives the option to reload

local reloadOption = context:addOption(reloadtexttoadd, items, ORGMInventoryLoadMenu.OnReload(items, testCal, playerObj), playerObj);

end

end

end

end

end

it keeps going into other context menus I am adding, but those two are the ones I am currently having issues with.

Then it feeds into here:

function ORGMLoadManager:startReloadFromUi(item, ammo) --starts the reloading process

if(self:reloadStarted() == false and self:rackingStarted() == false) then --makes sure there is no action going

self.loadWeapon = item;

self.reloadAmmo = ammo;

if self.reloadAmmo.reloadClass ~= nil then --test to ignore this if it is not a magazine

self.reloadMag = self:mostLoadedSearch2(ammo); --checks for the most loaded magazine if applicable

else

self.reloadMag = nil; --set to ignore if not a mag or clip

end

self.loadType = "reload";

print(self.reloadAmmo)

print(self.loadWeapon)

self:startLoading();

end

end

Then to the next bit

function ORGMLoadManager:startLoading() --starts the loading action

local player = getPlayer()

local moodles = player:getMoodles();

local panicLevel = moodles:getMoodleLevel(MoodleType.Panic);

local actionTime = 0

self.loadable = ORGMLoadUtil:getLoadableWeapon(self.loadWeapon, player);

self.loadableData = self.loadWeapon:getModData()

if self.loadableData.openClose ~= 1 and self.loadableData.openClose == 1 and self.loadableData.isOpen ~= nil and self.loadableData.isOpen ~= 1 then

actionTime = self.loadable.openCloseTime

else

actionTime = self.loadable.reloadTime

end

self.loadAction = ORGMLoadAction:new(self, player, self.loadType, player:getSquare(),

(actionTime*player:getReloadingMod())+(panicLevel*30))

print(self.loadAction)

ISTimedActionQueue.add(self.loadAction)

end

And that is where I think it stops because it adds the action to the queue, goes though the timer sequence but does nothing.

And that is where I think it stops because it adds the action to the queue, goes though the timer sequence but does nothing.

So you mean that the ORGMLoadAction:update function runs, but the ORGMLoadAction:perform does not?

So what happens is I right click on a weapon, the context menu items are added to the menu. It shows the time bar above the characters head once for each menu item added to the menu. It doesn't actually do the reloading, E.G. adding ammo to the gun and removing the ammo from inventory.

Clicking the item on the menu does nothing.

so if the progress bar appears, the TA works, but the :perform function in the TA is not working.

But why is there a progress bar for adding items to the context menu? that confuses me a bit..

Anyway, can you post the code for the :perform function?

Trust me, I am just as confused...

function ORGMLoadAction:perform() --for performing the loading actions

print(self.loadType)

if self.loadType == "open" then --open the gun for reloading

self.loadable:openClosePerform(self.character, self.square, self.mgr:getDifficulty(), self.loadWeapon)

self.mgr.loadable = self.loadable

ISBaseTimedAction.perform(self)

elseif self.loadableData.openClose ~= 1 and self.loadableData.openClose == 1 and self.loadableData.isOpen ~= nil and self.loadableData.isOpen ~= 1 then

self.loadable:openClosePerform(self.character, self.square, self.mgr:getDifficulty(), self.loadWeapon)

self.mgr:stopLoadSuccess() --a check to see if the gun can continue after the first action

elseif self.loadType == "reload" or self.loadType == "unload" then --if the loadType is unloading/reloading then is performs the loading action

self.loadable:loadPerform(self.character, self.square, self.mgr:getDifficulty(), self.loadWeapon, self.reloadammo, self.loadType)

self.mgr:stopLoadSuccess() --a check to see if the gun can continue after the first action

elseif self.loadType == "close" then --closes the gun if it is open for reloading

else --otherwise it must be a half-rack action

self.loadable:halfRackPerform(self.character, self.square, self.mgr:getDifficulty(), self.loadWeapon, self.loadType)

end

end

so if the progress bar appears, the TA works, but the :perform function in the TA is not working.

But why is there a progress bar for adding items to the context menu? that confuses me a bit..

print(self.loadType)

elseif self.loadableData.openClose ~= 1 and self.loadableData.openClose == 1 and self.loadableData.isOpen ~= nil and self.loadableData.isOpen ~= 1 then

elseif self.loadType == "reload" or self.loadType == "unload" then --if the loadType is unloading/reloading then is performs the loading action

self.loadable:loadPerform(self.character, self.square, self.mgr:getDifficulty(), self.loadWeapon, self.reloadammo, self.loadType)

elseif self.loadType == "close" then --closes the gun if it is open for reloading

self.loadable:halfRackPerform(self.character, self.square, self.mgr:getDifficulty(), self.loadWeapon, self.loadType)

end

end

EDIT:

And just to reiterate the Timed Action is working but at the wrong time. It does the TA when I right click to bring up the context menu. not when I make the selection.

print(self.loadType)

end

end

EDIT:

And just to reiterate the Timed Action is working but at the wrong time. It does the TA when I right click to bring up the context menu. not when I make the selection.

AAH, I totally missed that bit. I also found the issue due to this:

this is called from ORGMLoadManager:startLoading().

startLoading is called in startReloadFromUi.

startReloadFromUi is called here:

local reloadOption = context:addOption(reloadtexttoadd, items, ORGMLoadManager:startReloadFromUi(testItem, testMag), playerObj);

You are actually calling startReloadFromUi here and using its RETURN value as the third parameter to context:addOption. I'm not 100% sure how to pass options to the function in there, but something like this might work:

local reloadOption = context:addOption(reloadtexttoadd, ORGMLoadManager, ORGMLoadManager.startReloadFromUi, testItem, testMag);

Note the . before startReloadFromUi instead of the : that was there before.

Hope that helps!

print(self.loadType)

end

end

EDIT:

AAH, I totally missed that bit. I also found the issue due to this:

this is called from ORGMLoadManager:startLoading().

startLoading is called in startReloadFromUi.

startReloadFromUi is called here:

You are actually calling startReloadFromUi here and using its RETURN value as the third parameter to context:addOption. I'm not 100% sure how to pass options to the function in there, but something like this might work:

local reloadOption = context:addOption(reloadtexttoadd, ORGMLoadManager, ORGMLoadManager.startReloadFromUi, testItem, testMag);

Note the . before startReloadFromUi instead of the : that was there before.

Hope that helps!

I think that got me where I needed to go! Onto the next stack trace lol