Desensitized

nickodemos

Possible to have it so that when you kill so many zombies you start to get used to dealing with them? IE less prone to panic after killing a thousand of them. Maybe tone it down a percentage point for each 100-250 killed.

The idea being that there will be a lower need for beta blockers unless there is a herd of some kind or being surprised.

I've wondered about this too, ie maybe capping it at strong panic after X+ days and/or killing Y+ zombies.

It's an important game mechanic though, I wouldn't want to see it nerfed; but in situations where the character's a over month in, has levelled with an axe, has killed 20+ zoms previously, and is sneaking up on 1-2 that haven't noticed him/her yet, perhaps exertion/unhappiness/thirst could be more appropriate?

I'm interested to see how sanity becomes part of the game (and side-effects from pharmaceutical drug abuse lol).

I'm pretty sure RJ once said that our character's panic level falls faster with time of being alive.

Yup, It's a hidden stat, if I remember correctly.

Doesn't matter either way, me being the omnipotent bully that I am, I force my character to get near those walking corpses and beat them to post-post death with a pool cue no matter how scared he is.

P.S: RJ Pls add pool cues as weapons

Since the more we do stuff the more experienced we are at doing it. its logical that it causes less panic, i think the game already keep track of how many Zs you killed and if you link that to to stats upgrades might give more gameplay to this already great game.

So if i look at the xp coding its explained that negative perk like obesity will eventually dissapear and if your stats increased by way of erasing all perks associated with that stat and assigning the right one. if this were applied with zombie kills in mind than we can make veterans type perk that enhance our panic states,