Cabin Challenge!

Here is a challenge for people who use the Hydrocraft mod.

Rules

1. You MUST use the Hydrocraft mod and ONLY the Hydrocraft mod.

2. You MUST start in Survival mode.

3. You MUST start in West Point.

4. You may loot the house you start in. But ONLY your starter house.

5. You MUST make your way to the Cabin by the Lake in Northwest West Point. No stopping to loot other places or sleep.

6. Once at the cabin you can loot it. However you CANNOT leave the area around the lake once you are there. The roads surrounding the lake are your limits.

You goal as always is to survive!

Please post screenshots of you surviving under these rules. Best of luck to the longest time surviving!

Reddit Thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/projectzomboid/comments/40f21t/hydrocraft_cabin_challenge/

Amendments

- You CAN loot the garage/shed on your starting house.

- You CAN loot the hotel if you start there.

- You CANNOT sleep until you reach the cabin.

- You CANNOT take sleep traits if you play in multiplayer.

Attempt #1

Hero: Dick Richard

Negative Traits: Restless Sleeper, Claustrophobic, Sleepyhead, Hemophobic, Weak Stomach, All Thumbs, Clumsy, Slow Reader

Positive Traits: Outdoorsman, Angler, Lucky, Hearbalist, Hiker

Here is my current status I will update it as I get further.

Update 1: https://imgur.com/a/oWPIs

So close yet so far away... http://i.imgur.com/Lu2MbxA.jpg

I'm game. Let you know how it progress's.

-edit

After about four hours of game play I have to say this can not work long term. To many items are needed to survive that you just can't get in two houses or in the limited area in which to try and harvest the items. With the need to have certain books and access to items you will be lucky to last a month foraging.

I tried it from four different spawn points and the luck of the draw is never that good. Spawn in hotel you have access to alot of mundane items. Spawn in a house with books they tend to not cover anything you really need.

I plan on giving a spin to this challenge but I do have a few rule clarification questions before I attempt it:

1-Are you allowed to kill zombies before you reach the cabin? (could limit to pushing them away and running only until you reach the game area)

2-If you are allowed to kill zombies on the way to the cabin can you loot them?

I want to know since that will make a big difference in the strategy I pursue.

Thanks for creating this challenge for the community.

Maybe we could start working on a 2016 Zomboid challenges.  A bit like they do for the Sims with a different challenge with different rule every month or so.  I'll post more on this idea over the weekend.

Any idea how I can bring this into my MP server? I can't seem to find the SandboxVars.lua for survival in SP to transfer over. I found zombies.ini though.

EDIT:

Nevermind. Figured it out. There is a Survival preset for Sandbox mode. Will just save it again and load the preset up in the serversettings.sh app.

I plan on giving a spin to this challenge but I do have a few rule clarification questions before I attempt it:

1-Are you allowed to kill zombies before you reach the cabin? (could limit to pushing them away and running only until you reach the game area)

2-If you are allowed to kill zombies on the way to the cabin can you loot them?

I want to know since that will make a big difference in the strategy I pursue.

Thanks for creating this challenge for the community.

Maybe we could start working on a 2016 Zomboid challenges.  A bit like they do for the Sims with a different challenge with different rule every month or so.  I'll post more on this idea over the weekend.

1. Yes but you cannot sleep, so it is at your on risk of dying on the way there. Likewise you may not have the space to even carry additional loot from zombies.

2. Yes you can. Like I said above you risk being too exhausted once you reach the cabin. Since sometimes the cabin is full of zombies too!

Just know that the scenario is that the $h!# is hitting the fan and you want to get out of town as quickly as possible.

Yes I was thinking the same thing. The Sims had some great challenges.

Any idea how I can bring this into my MP server? I can't seem to find the SandboxVars.lua for survival in SP to transfer over. I found zombies.ini though.

EDIT:

Nevermind. Figured it out. There is a Survival preset for Sandbox mode. Will just save it again and load the preset up in the serversettings.sh app.

I am interested to see your progress in a multiplayer setting. Please post some screenshots!